10 replies to this topic

#1 grabbers

grabbers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:09 AM

Been deployed on HMCS Fredericton since Jan.  Home soon.  Did I miss the doe draw for this year ? 

#2 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:44 AM

Grabbers .... you haven’t missed the draw. Something tells me, you can’t apply until August ... so you are good. BTW ... a very good friend of mine was deployed on the HMCS Fredericton in January ... but had to come home early. Also, my condolences to you and your shipmates on the loss of your helicopter crew. Thank you for your service !!

#3 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8840 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:55 AM

X2...Grabbers...Thank you for your service and for your commitment to keep the rest of us free

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#4 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1679 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:39 AM

Been deployed on HMCS Fredericton since Jan.  Home soon.  Did I miss the doe draw for this year ? 

Application period generally runs from Aug1 - Aug. 31 with the draw in early Sept.  

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#5 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1000 posts
  • Locationhammonds plains

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:47 PM

Thank you for your service ,Grabbers .

Wish i had half the skill with a rifle my dad had(rest in peace  Dad).

#6 grabbers

grabbers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:01 PM

Thanks lads, I appreciate your support.  Its been a brutal deployment.  One that will be pondered over many hours of hunting I hope.  

Also thanks for steering me right on the doe draw time line.  

To safe and happy hunting lads!

#7 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:56 AM

The 2020 doe draw farce is up and running now. No online option at all this year. Call from a landline which most people don’t even have anymore, or snail mail it. Oh and wait it gets better. The mail in option has had a big price hike stating “the extra personnel hours to process them”. And still no tags for Cape Breton. And still only a few hundred for all of zone 108.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#8 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2681 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:04 AM

Again no C.B did tags but yet I'm seeing lots of does with fawns or by them selves and trail cams in several areas saying Population is steady and climbing every year , most places I travel have excellent deer sign .

It's about time they stop with the " Population is not stabilized " b.s

More Urban deer than b4 even back in the 80s when population was in high #s ,

Then again this is my view on things , some will contribute same findings while others will try debunk and say it's not so that our population has never recovered, but yet can take 2 antlered deer with two different tags .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#9 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2641 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:44 AM

Seems old school having to use a landline.

A Visa over the phone would be more up to date, but DNR likely doesn't want the added charge from a Visa.

I haven't had a landline in over six years.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#10 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 August 2020 - 07:48 AM

Can look at the other side that they are even doing it this year and be thankful I guess

Every other location can take does but CB some deer management. NONE as usual and if CB has any deer most are does

A lot of places have made major changes and dropped a ton of usual options or features as of late and you can be sure staffing and cost were the reason here

I am running into this last week with my 2021 greenhouse orders which all have to be placed by sept 1st and normally done by now but some cannot even accept an order yet still trying to catch up for this year or will not take anything on line this year like this

Cheers

#11 Joyrider

Joyrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1374 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:28 PM

Re the no-online option

In the spring they found that they had a security hole (it was pretty obvious / sloppy).  Not just with the hunting sites.

So instead of fixing it, they just removed the option everywhere.

That's why 1/2 some people were able to do the moose draw pmt online and others had to call...

This is your gov't at work....   They cut and outsourced so much they have screwed themselves.   They really need more in hose IT folks who care about the systems beyond just the tiny bit of a contract they happen to be working on....  Similar thing with the freedom of info site - not enough in house ppl.  

Cost cutting in the wong areas as per usual....  :-(

How many years ago did they announce they were going to modernize the hunting / fishing licences - get them online and computerized....?  10 maybe?   We've gone backwards with no online option for tags now, zero forward movement.

Hunting content: I wonder if we'll ever be able to hunt mourning doves?  They are a prime game species in the US.  I wonder this as I listen to two outside of my window.  :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users