32 replies to this topic

#21 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8840 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:01 PM

Hoppes # 9 was always my goto when I got the gunbug flu back in the 70's. Used it all along, still do till this day for some things....mostly now just for aftershave !!

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png  (( GAWWWWD how I love the smell of that stuff wub.png wub.png )) 

Since the start...WD40, singer sewing oil, Lucas, 3M 3in1 oil, break clean (military grade weapons lube) Browning Light oil, Used / tried it all over the years..mainly good results with whatever was the craze at the time. 

*****Almost Forgot...I just started using Clenzoil on my guns too, the last couple of years. It has a needle applicator tip. Perfect for those impossible, awkward, in outta

the way places...used to use it on my open faced reels years ago. Saw it in recent advertisements a few years ago...jogged the old memory so I grabbed a 2oz bottle.

Pleasant odor, sexy green color..real creepy over metal too !

Any grease required..it's Shooters Choice...all weather-high-tech (red) grease..-65 to 350 F deg working range. Use it on my Browning O/U's internals, fishing reels internal gears. bails, trips etc been using that too for a long time.

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#22 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:46 PM

hOPPES #9 and clp for me.

#23 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:25 AM

motor oil

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#24 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8840 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:07 AM

don't laff..saw it done with my own eyes !! ...an acquaintance of a friend 3 times removed put straight 10w30 right into his remi 1100...cuz it was sticking in -20 deg weather while hunting rabbits !

My jaw almost landed on the frozen dirt when he turned back around and I saw what he was doin !!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#25 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3068 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:12 AM

don't laff..saw it done with my own eyes !! ...an acquaintance of a friend 3 times removed put straight 10w30 right into his remi 1100...cuz it was sticking in -20 deg weather while hunting rabbits !

My jaw almost landed on the frozen dirt when he turned back around and I saw what he was doin !!

For most bolt, semi and pump the tolerances are so sloppy that some use 90 weight gear oil or summer weight bar oil from what I have heard.biggrin.png

#26 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2280 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:56 AM

For most bolt, semi and pump the tolerances are so sloppy that some use 90 weight gear oil or summer weight bar oil from what I have heard.biggrin.png

I have a browning maxus here that I run dry or near dry in sub 0 weather . any more g96 than you can rub on with a Q tip leads to fire control issues . meaning the trigger will freeze . this year will be its 11th waterfowl season not sure where the time went .

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori 725 field 20ga

BPS Field

​Remington 1100 std weight 20ga 

#27 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:43 PM

Deet works in a pinch too

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#28 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8840 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:39 PM

guess its a small victory compared to not being able to open the lever at all ph34r.png ph34r.png laugh.png laugh.png

anything come outta that call the other day ?

#29 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3068 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:11 PM

guess its a small victory compared to not being able to open the lever at all ph34r.png ph34r.png laugh.png laugh.png

See pm.

#30 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3068 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:18 PM

How did you know. A couple years ago was late getting to my stand. In the rush somehow one shell jumped behind my loading gate while loading. No opening now. Searching in my truck the only thing I could find was a hacksaw blade. The round end fit perfectly in all the screws, stripped it downed, dumped the shell, fired it back together just in time for bucky.

#31 samsquanch

samsquanch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:15 AM

Rem oil or Outers ( bottle not aerosol ) in the off season.

Dead Down Wind oil during hunting season.

Posted Image

#32 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3068 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:31 PM

Rem oil or Outers ( bottle not aerosol ) in the off season.

Dead Down Wind oil during hunting season.

Never heard of dead down wind oil. Where and is it odorless?

#33 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:57 PM

I have a browning maxus here that I run dry or near dry in sub 0 weather . any more g96 than you can rub on with a Q tip leads to fire control issues . meaning the trigger will freeze . this year will be its 11th waterfowl season not sure where the time went .

You must have bought it when they first came out. Mine is 2009 also and pretty sure I had to wait for it at the time since they were new out but could be wrong

Yep had a great plan to sell of my  golds and x2's and keep just the maxus

LOL which never happened and I ended up keeping all of them smile.png. One of my x2's is NIB one of those deals at the time I could not leave. Like $650 for a black X2 3 1/2 SOLD

take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users