14 replies to this topic

#1 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:04 AM

I have my timer set to come on at 6pm and to shut off at 9am,so,,when I remove the card to check for pics and when I replace it do I have to power up the camera or just replace the card and leave it to come back on at 6pm

#2 rasorbackq

rasorbackq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2811 posts
  • LocationSpringfield NS

Posted 26 July 2020 - 07:19 PM

I would think so  But then you would need to set the time again after powers back on.

Thanks to all on this site who assisted with my taxidermy season . I hope I am even busier next season and can continue to produce even better mounts.

#3 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:51 PM

you gotta stop using the camera manuals to fix the wobbly table LOL.

youre lining yourself up for some problems - always turn cam off BEFORE removing the card.

unless the cam is screwed up, the camera settings (you input) will not change by turning the power switch off.

turn power off, take out card.

put card back in, then turn power on. 

good luck.

#4 Caper391

Caper391

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationGlace Bay

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:48 AM

youre lining yourself up for some problems - always turn cam off BEFORE removing the card.

unless the cam is screwed up, the camera settings (you input) will not change by turning the power switch off.

turn power off, take out card.

put card back in, then turn power on. 

good luck.

My thoughts exactly.

#5 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2681 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:57 PM

OK Tyson10 gauge,I'm not trying to be an axxhole at all, You tell me that I have to turn the camera off, it is off,it shuts itself off at 9am. In order for me to turn it off I have to turn it back on to do that.I don't see the sense in doing that if it is already off. Never mind ,,I will figure it out,just thought some-one on here might know what I'm doing wrong. Sorry t have bothered you.

Sorry I tried to help out , never mind another one of the easily offended , I'll redact my comments and advice .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#6 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:58 PM

Real Glad you got it resolved win94  smile.png

take care

#7 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:43 AM

Thanks Joe,,,,,,,

#8 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:41 AM

Worked fine Joe, all settings were the same as yesterday after I set them.

Are you pulling your Garlics yet ? I pulled a couple out last week,beautiful colour and decent size. Only have 8, keep one give rest away.Much different than those Chinese ones you buy at Sobeys/Super Store 

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:02 AM

Worked fine Joe, all settings were the same as yesterday after I set them.

Are you pulling your Garlics yet ? I pulled a couple out last week,beautiful colour and decent size. Only have 8, keep one give rest away.Much different than those Chinese ones you buy at Sobeys/Super Store 

Got her then. I thought so

Not bad for a couple of old dumb sensitive farts LOL

On the garlic I sell a lot of mine for seed to people who just plant a dozen or so just to get that wonderful taste which as you say cannot compare to the chinese ones

My garlic looks the best ever. I don't remember if it is year 5 or 6 I am growing it with fall planting but the first time under a black garden mat which all but one place said it was a bad idea

Never been still green on the bottom leaves this late and never had so many big stocks. My guess at least 3 more weeks before I pick and start to dry

Now maybe nothing on them sad.png  but I pulled a medium stalked one last week for the daughter for some beef she was making and it was a good size and beautiful

Also never had to pick snails off it but I am this year sad.png

Lost almost all of my 900 onions so really hoping to make up some of the seed money spent this year with the garlic. Actually made a decision this week to change what I have been trying to grow for next year and focus on what has been working so going to add another garlic roll this fall of about 700 of two new types  cremedela rosa and purple russian and maybe 200 onions

That with the Music type of garlic I grow now will put me around 1800

Both of the new types are reported to grow huge bulbs which sell the best for me up here. I talked to the bulb supplier yesterday in fact in BC and booked my order for sept shipment before he sells out

NOT cheap any more getting a garlic bed started that is for sure when buying new bulbs from others. 

I will see if mama can get me some pics when I harvest this years 

Take care

#10 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8840 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:12 PM

I pulled my 20 plants last week..I started from seed last year. I got .8 nice big bulbs to replant and 12 med-lge...but they'll do for my dill pickles next week...my dill is just about ready...lotsa fern on em and getting some nice big yellow heads.

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#11 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8840 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:13 PM

I tried chewing on a pc of those garlic scapes...gawwdammmm they's potent !unsure.png unsure.png ...I was eating garlic for two days...lmao

I tied my plants up in bundles and hung em in my little shed...kinda in the darkest corner

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#12 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:13 AM

I tried chewing on a pc of those garlic scapes...gawwdammmm they's potent !unsure.png unsure.png ...I was eating garlic for two days...lmao

I tied my plants up in bundles and hung em in my little shed...kinda in the darkest corner

I have never eaten one but do have a couple of people that take them to make some kind of paste 

Strong yes IMO. I know after I cut them it is days I can still smell them on my hands and now one washes their hands 10 times more than they did

A guy here that grows a few 1000 showed me how to braid them in batches of ten for hanging

Found out the hard way they have to be separated with lots of air flow and as you say dark and dry air. I normally run two fans with them but I have a lot to dry

Cheers

#13 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:14 AM

I pulled my 20 plants last week..I started from seed last year. I got .8 nice big bulbs to replant and 12 med-lge...but they'll do for my dill pickles next week...my dill is just about ready...lotsa fern on em and getting some nice big yellow heads.

That is rare, Seed?? from mature scapes  or cloves. Seed I think they call bilbils and I have never tried it

Seed normally takes like three years to get a bulb of any use

Cheers

#14 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:49 PM

How long should they hang to dry?

#15 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:50 PM

How long should they hang to dry?

Depends on the space hanging but for me 2 weeks min I start cutting some down to sell and pretty much every week after. The biggest ones stay hanging until mid october when I need seed to plant and any not sold by then  I  store the rest in the house so they don't freeze

When you cut the first one after 2 weeks look for any green still in the center of the stalk. If there is let hang for at least another week on the rest and check again

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users