#1 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:24 PM

received an email from Environment (Feds) letting me know that due to Covid19 there's a delay in their "study to gather info...."

Dear Sir/Madam:

We are writing to you, as you have shown an interest in Government’s initiatives on lead ammunition.

Environment and Climate Change Canada (the Department) is aware of the pressures the COVID-19 pandemic has put on many companies and Canadians. The Department also wants to ensure that resources are prioritized to address the COVID-19 emergency.

Consequently, this email is to inform you that the publication of the response to comments received on the “Study to gather information on uses of lead ammunition and their non-lead alternatives in non-military activities in Canada”, and options to encourage the use of lead-free ammunition will be delayed.

Details on this initiative are available at the following web page:

https://www.canada.c...ammunition.html

If you have any questions, please contact the Products Division. The Department thanks you for your understanding.

Products Division
Environment and Climate Change Canada

351 St-Joseph Blvd.

Gatineau, QC, K1A 0H3
Email: 
[email protected]

#2 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2641 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:12 AM

I received this as well yesterday. 

Straight into the trash it went.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#3 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8840 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:48 AM

gawwwwdammmmitttt....just what a fella needs, more sleepless nights ph34r.png ph34r.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#4 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1762 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:36 PM

I'm hoping that I can get all my stash used before the lead ban
can i go hunting yet??

#5 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:48 AM

I'm hoping that I can get all my stash used before the lead ban

Give it to me your problem will be solved no more worries lol.....

#6 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8840 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:21 AM

not a snowballs chance of that happening for me Tim...ph34r.png ph34r.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#7 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1762 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:21 AM

Lol
Even at $5/box Ive got close to $1000 tied up in 12ga alone
Haven't bought lead shot in years, 2 boxes of steel per year though. I'd buy more but I'd need a new spot to store it
can i go hunting yet??

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:25 AM

Lol
Even at $5/box Ive got close to $1000 tied up in 12ga alone
Haven't bought lead shot in years, 2 boxes of steel per year though. I'd buy more but I'd need a new spot to store it

I would not worry IMO we will die shooting it but god knows

I took care of all the rim fire, rifle and handgun after the BS started with the doctor in the last 5 years

Selling off 99% of the bullets I had for reloading on nutz and let a ton of lead ammo go when I sold off some of  the rifles and handguns 

Have just a couple bricks for the 22 , a little handgun ammo and maybe 40 total boxes for the 280 ,243, 308, 7mm08 and 3006 and maybe 12-15 boxes of partitions for reloading so no worry there

Shot gun no 20, 12 or 10ga lead hunting ammo other than buckshot for 10 and 12ga but lots of target lead ammo except the 10 for all gauges even 16

Components last count was 92 bags of bags of which most is 7 1/2, 8 and 9

But also in there at least one bag of BB, 2, 4,5,6 hunting lead I call it

Plus 140 pounds of buckshot 4B, 1, 2, 0, 00 ,000

4 lockers plus full of reloaded / new shotgun with 1 or maybe 2 shelves steel only and have no idea how many boxes of lead but a guess 1000 min

So $5000 for reloaded and $57 bucks a bag x 92 is

Approx  $10, 250  sad.png plus the buck shot

Yep a stupid sheep, wannabe mistake I guess to be in this position in 2020  but still way better than spending on RRSP for pension proved to be sad.png especially the last statement just in this week.

That being said still worth it  and priceless since it is one the brilliant sheep herders here could never match my wonderful reloading / shooting experience(s) or replace my vintage ammo / reloading tool box  even  if they lived three lives and 300 years rolleyes.gif

Being Stupid and Slow from when started in 65  it was one hell of an enjoyable experience and  ran the last 50 plus years for me  smile.png Not BAAAAAAD at all 

If I lose it all now I lose it

Remember the positive  lead is still worth 45 cents a pound at the scrap yard sad.png

Take care

8s8RPSj.jpg

#9 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8840 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:58 PM

I believe I watched a few episodes of that show YOU should be on   ph34r.png ph34r.png

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

#10 Bullet Caster

Bullet Caster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationChester

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:54 AM

Components last count was 92 bags of bags of which most is 7 1/2, 8 and 9

I shall send a train your way for 90 bags...

biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

#11 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:07 AM

I shall send a train your way for 90 bags...

biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

It was bought over many years. The older guys at the club at the time told me to be smart and every year with the yearly order to add a couple of bags and stash them for the years when I retired and didnot have the extra money to shoot the volumes I was used so I could keep shooting so I did. Some years it was just 2 bags

Can look at it this way also I guess most of it I paid 11-17.00 dollars a bag so really not out that much and the old stuff is the best of quality

I did the same pretty much with primers and hulls

Take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users