#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:13 PM

I thought so since that is what we paid like in 2002. I wonder of he is talking canadian dollars

Cheers

#4 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1726 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:34 PM

I thought so since that is what we paid like in 2002. I wonder of he is talking canadian dollars

Cheers

That would be Canadian dollars.  Two years ago I got a last minute hunt for $3800 Canadian with a respected outfitter and during a good week.  

Would be interesting to know the outfitter offering this hunt and for which week. 

Lots of decent prices since the Americans and those outside the bubble can’t hunt.  5 guys from Ontario we’re supposed to be in the camp I’m going to during my week (last week of Sept) but they are SOL now.  Good for me tho smile.png  Giddy up ! 

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#5 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:40 PM

That would be Canadian dollars.  Two years ago I got a last minute hunt for $3800 Canadian with a respected outfitter and during a good week.  

Would be interesting to know the outfitter offering this hunt and for which week. 

Lots of decent prices since the Americans and those outside the bubble can’t hunt.  5 guys from Ontario we’re supposed to be in the camp I’m going to during my week (last week of Sept) but they are SOL now.  Good for me tho smile.png  Giddy up ! 

Cool. Thank you

#6 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:01 AM

I don't think the 4k is a good deal, I could have got a hunt last year for 4-4500.

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#7 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1726 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 03 September 2020 - 07:35 AM

I don't think the 4k is a good deal, I could have got a hunt last year for 4-4500.

Beaverhunter:

If you could have got a moose hunt (all in - guides, meals, accommodations, etc) for 4 thousand you should have booked it. I’ve seen some good prices listed but not including tag (about $500) and taxes (about $600-$700) bringing the hunt over 5,0000.  Most outfitters charge $5,000 -6,000 and higher.  

I’ll stand by my statement that $4,000 (all in) is a good deal. There are some $4500 hunts but this hunt list for $4,000 is a good price. By the way, just curious, which outfitter gave you a $4,000 quote?  If you don’t want to comment here then pm me.  

#8 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:48 AM

Beaverhunter:

If you could have got a moose hunt (all in - guides, meals, accommodations, etc) for 4 thousand you should have booked it. I’ve seen some good prices listed but not including tag (about $500) and taxes (about $600-$700) bringing the hunt over 5,0000.  Most outfitters charge $5,000 -6,000 and higher.  

I’ll stand by my statement that $4,000 (all in) is a good deal. There are some $4500 hunts but this hunt list for $4,000 is a good price. By the way, just curious, which outfitter gave you a $4,000 quote?  If you don’t want to comment here then pm me.  

I have just found one for 3500, the price keeps dropping.

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:55 AM

Please share the details. Normally it is that for a second moose after you pay the first hunt and in US dollars

Cheers

#10 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8947 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:19 AM

They've put the costs of the moose hunts out of reach for most of us over the years. Catering to those south of the border is the in thing now. Big exchange alone is giving them a big financial boost over our loonie.

Sorry, but IMHO, there's NO FN way a Canadian company,  doin their business in Canada, should be able to charge CANADIANS in US dollars  !!

The temporarily implanted 'Mercans ...yesss...but not us home turf canucks  !!!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#11 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:22 AM

They've put the costs of the moose hunts out of reach for most of us over the years. Catering to those south of the border is the in thing now. Big exchange alone is giving them a big financial boost over our loonie.

Sorry, but IMHO, there's NO FN way a Canadian company,  doin their business in Canada, should be able to charge CANADIANS in US dollars  !!

Kevin ya nailed that moose in the room lol now that ya think about thats how they do it ,there prices may just keep coming down might wait and see don't want to jump to quick.....

#12 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1726 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:28 AM

Where - I’m listening. If that’s the one circling on FB then add $700 to that price for your guide unless you want to share a guide.  Now you’re at $4200.  Also, it’s a European Plan so bring your own food for a week , plus it’s in St. Anthony over 7.5 hrs. from Port Aux Basque.

So with cost of meals, extra gas ($300) you’re getting close to $5,000.  

#13 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1726 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:33 AM

Agree 100% - that’s why I go to an outfitter who charges in Canadian $$’s at par.  Last year the outfitter charged American clients $4,500 US and I paid $4,500 cad.  

But you’re right a lot of outfitters make it clear on their website that everyone pays in US $$. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users