#1 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 06 September 2020 - 06:38 AM

Mama was having a real hard day after one on her last year 5 year old students passed Friday sad.png so I tossed her in the truck and drove a ton of dirt roads for 10 hours trying to get her some pics to keep her mind busy

Only one deer but tons of rabbits and this little guy in Grand Mira who played hide and seek with me for over 30 minutes sometimes 15 feet away

I expected to see or hear is mama or the rest of the litter but never did

Cheers

IlZvIm9.jpg

NSwU7wx.jpg

59IKNVY.jpg

#2 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts
  • Locationhammonds plains

Posted 06 September 2020 - 09:42 AM

Nice pics 3Macs1, driving around looking for wildlife always lifts my spirits as well .Condolences on the loss of her student ,it's always tough when a young person dies .I figure when someone my age (53) or older dies ,we've lived a good chunk of our lives already (not that i'm in any hurry to go ) , but young people still have their whole lives ahead of them .

Wish i had half the skill with a rifle my dad had(rest in peace  Dad).

#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 06 September 2020 - 09:59 AM

Nice pics 3Macs1, driving around looking for wildlife always lifts my spirits as well .Condolences on the loss of her student ,it's always tough when a young person dies .I figure when someone my age (53) or older dies ,we've lived a good chunk of our lives already (not that i'm in any hurry to go ) , but young people still have their whole lives ahead of them .

Thank you I will pass it on. Yes I agree and wonder why they are taken so young

She had it happen 38 years ago in one of her classes and can remember the little girl she says like it was yesterday and says the young ones never leave your memory

Like she says they are just babies

take care

#4 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2711 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 06 September 2020 - 12:10 PM

Condolences as well, I drive on country roads and seeing wildlife is always good.

Hearing coyotes more and more here lately, and seeing lots of deer in the fields down the road from us.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#5 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 06 September 2020 - 01:35 PM

Last night around 4.00 am the yapping and the howling behind the house reminded me of a few years back when a trapper took 34 out of here over I think two years

Kind of explains why I am seeing almost no deer this summer compared to the last three years sad.png

Some were so close they may have even been in the back yard but too dark to see

My apple trees back there are drawing what deer are around so not a good thing for the deer

Take care

Now is he the usual size of this time of year. Seemed real small compared to what I have seen in the dens behind the house years ago

LOL that second pic he was getting brave with me walking towards him

#6 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2826 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 03:38 PM

Condolences ,

As for the coyote , it's this yrs pup , he more likely got astray from his litter mates , come evening momma would let it know what way to get back around the den if possible .

Sorry but even this time yr that little fella would be toast if someone like myself came along , 12 is always packing in the truck with game caller and licence in tow . I'm in Upper Grand Mira North , there's ton of deer around out this way come evenings , just gotta wait for the magic hour as sun sets and cools off then we are seeing between 5 & 12-14 just about every evening , got my eye on few nice bucks but gotta keep the yahoos outta the area
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#7 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 06 September 2020 - 04:04 PM

Thanks Walter I will let mama know

I hear you but with the boss with me it was just a cute little baby coyote sad.png that kept crossing and crossing for about 30 minutes and let me get about 15 feet away

Yes we were a bit late in the morning and a bit early getting home to see deer but I had to try

Joke is I pulled in the yard and a white flag right under my apple treewacko.png

Take care

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 07 September 2020 - 12:30 PM

Couple more from yesterday

aGxGtmH.jpg

WCPJ8B9.jpg

Yj0mMnE.jpg

#9 rasorbackq

rasorbackq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts
  • LocationSpringfield NS

Posted 07 September 2020 - 02:42 PM

That coyote pups got a full belly.

Maybe the pack was using it as a bait to draw you in away from the road.

Better watch out for them.

Thanks to all on this site who assisted with my taxidermy season . I hope I am even busier next season and can continue to produce even better mounts.

#10 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 07 September 2020 - 02:48 PM

That coyote pups got a full belly.

Maybe the pack was using it as a bait to draw you in away from the road.

Better watch out for them.

LOL hope they can eat 365 pounds quick before I stab a few smile.png An old buck knife is always with me

That being said I would not let the mrs out of the truck and was expecting to see his mama any minute

Take care

#11 Caper391

Caper391

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationGlace Bay

Posted 07 September 2020 - 04:53 PM

Awesome pictures, and for some reason, I would of guessed that the coyote pup would have been a lot bigger for this time of the year.

#12 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 07 September 2020 - 05:06 PM

Awesome pictures, and for some reason, I would of guessed that the coyote pup would have been a lot bigger for this time of the year.

Me too but I don't really know

take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users