#21 NewHunter2018

NewHunter2018

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 14 September 2020 - 11:20 AM

Got out this Saturday hunting near my girlfriends cabin on a island in Petpeswick. We have scouted these geese throughout the summer & have noted them flying right over the island about 30mins after sunrise. Did not have the time to scout in the week leaking up unfortunately. Long story short, they were about 2.5 hrs late and we were in the cabin making coffee and playing crib when we heard them fly over! With our spread still out, next thing is me barreling out the cabin door laying out some calls in desperation. Tough conditions - clear sky and no wind. They didn't care.

Good enough time spent at the cabin, plus lots of ducks seen and checking out our goose spread bodes well for the season to come. 

#22 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:52 PM

I gotta to say i just can't get into the early season lol i hate layin in a blind covered in mosquitoes plus i'm still fishin ...

#23 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2752 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:47 PM

I gotta to say i just can't get into the early season lol i hate layin in a blind covered in mosquitoes plus i'm still fishin ...

Took video of the Sandflies and mosquitos the other morning to show the wife , must been a gazillion of the little triggers , the hum from them was almost unreal , I'm not a stripper fisherman and I give up on trout the end of August once spawning starts snowing signs of eggs , plus I'm a woods junkie of tracking , watching and looking for other things in the woods , harvesting mushrooms while I'm in the bush is sideline thing for pass time for extra cash. Got some very nice Chaga on last trip out, nice cup of fresh tea in the woods at times gives a boost , even tho I'm mainly coffee drinker .

Chanterelles are another of our person favorite in some our wild game dishes
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#24 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:38 PM

You and everyone pretty much around us that hunt them

One guy I know went one morning last week LOL took him 12 shots to get two geese under 30 yards

Blamed it on the first time 3 1/2" was used in a BPS I sold him a few years ago

Says it was tossing him all over the place laugh.png laugh.png and he could not focus cool.png and is now all bruised up 

I asked if he patterned those new first time shells and I got that strange look

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users