43 replies to this topic

#1 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:44 PM

Anyone on here order from Numrich lately? I thought that they wouldn't ship out side USA .

I 'm looking for a small part ""hammer spring""and they have it so I though what the hell and made out the order,came up Canada or United States, then came up state or province,,going good so far I thought, then postal code or zip code,,entered m/c # then told me to print off the order /payment receipt  Keeping fingers crossed that I don't get a email denying me.$26.00 plus $19.95 shipping cost, all in American funds.

#2 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:16 PM

I have not ordered from them since they made all the changes to shipping to canada guessing 4 years ago ( when ever the value of parts allowed changed to 500 bucks to canada ) but they have been no issue for me in the past and I would place normally one order a year for quite a few years. Most years it was small parts for me and a few other guys that needed small items and we would place one order. In fact a couple guys from this site also once or twice 

Then it had to be a 200 min with an extra 25.00 handling fee plus shipping all in US funds and then I would get hit at the border with taxes and duty to boot

It was still worth it since the items ordered I would get I could not find in canada

Take care

#3 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:29 PM

That's the thing,what is it worth to you if you need a part that you can't get here in canada, you either eat up the extra cost or go without,,plain and simple.

I was just surprised that they excepted my order,,,so far,,,,that can change easy enough in a flash.

I ordered a but plate for a 30-30 Marlin few years back for $5.00 and when I finally got it total cost was like $50.00

That was my last until now.

#4 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3205 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:11 PM

That's the thing,what is it worth to you if you need a part that you can't get here in canada, you either eat up the extra cost or go without,,plain and simple.

I was just surprised that they excepted my order,,,so far,,,,that can change easy enough in a flash.

I ordered a but plate for a 30-30 Marlin few years back for $5.00 and when I finally got it total cost was like $50.00

That was my last until now.

There site says they no longer ship Canadian?

#5 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1141 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:40 PM

I used to get parts from them. Ordered something in march ... everything went through ... then a few days later, I got an email from them saying they have stopped shipping to canada during covid. Not sure what that had to do with anything, but my money was refunded, and I won’t do business with them again.

#6 kettlesd

kettlesd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationPorters Lake NS

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:52 PM

There site says they no longer ship Canadian?

They're shipping to Canada again. I received an order from them this afternoon.

Gunsmith, Chef, Pilot, Shooter & Hunter........

#7 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:26 AM

Kettlesd, did it take long to receive it?

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:05 AM

Just a comment shipments from the US for anything has been real slow lately

I just got some tiller parts that were ordered july 4th but a second order only took 3 weeks

Hit and miss it seems

Cheers

#9 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2752 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 09 September 2020 - 05:35 PM

What I've done over the yrs is simple , stock pile parts of guns I get that IMHO are not worth to safely use, this way if something breaks there's a spare some where , usually sell off the barrels/stocks if less desirable , I'm always checking the parts section on gun sites , sometimes guys are cleaning up what they say is junk but others say is treasure .

It's worth holding on to certain things even tho it takes space , I'll even buy a junk gun once in while just to strip down what's usable , ive got a buddy in Newfoundland who at times takes a tote or two with him of stuff I don't have use for a price of course .

Rule of thumb a simple advertisement on gun sites can save ya those fees to get something shipped outta the states, someone somewhere has that part your looking for in their parts bins , I've sold firing pins , stocks , barrels , decieved, butt plates , even stripped down Lee Enfield 's and shipped parts to Yukon , good friend buys that stuff fast , last batch factory 10 round mags (unused ) sold for $75 each .

Lots of guys by less desirable firearms for simply to strip and sell off parts
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#10 Cleslie43

Cleslie43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:19 PM

They have resumed shipping to Canada but the USPS system is out to lunch. I ordered some parts in August and the site said expect 3 weeks to at least ship the items. Few days after I ordered I got the confirmation they had shipped it and the tracking code, Bonus!  the package went through a few postal places in New York State then nothing till the other day when it showed up in San Francisco. Should have left the New York international postal facilities but some clown probably put it on the wrong truck.
Has cleared them and now shows in Canada post with estimated arrival at the end of the month pending Canada customs. Anytime I have order from them it usually takes a month to get here.

#11 kettlesd

kettlesd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationPorters Lake NS

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:55 PM

Kettlesd, did it take long to receive it?

Took about 3-weeks. Not much different than pre-Covid wait times.

In my experience, it's Canada Customs that holds things up.... and also my experience is the longer the wait, the bigger the duty charges.

Gunsmith, Chef, Pilot, Shooter & Hunter........

#12 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 03:45 PM

Duty shouldn't be all that  outrageous on a $26.00 item.

#13 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3205 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:37 PM

Took about 3-weeks. Not much different than pre-Covid wait times.

In my experience, it's Canada Customs that holds things up.... and also my experience is the longer the wait, the bigger the duty charges.

The last time I ordered something was a tap $6.00. A month later it was still not here, had been sent back three times from Canada Customs. Numrichs near lost there mind. I paid about five times what it was worth in the end.

#14 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 10 September 2020 - 05:31 PM

Duty shouldn't be all that  outrageous on a $26.00 item.

Honestly if us made should be duty free and only hit with tax and the 9.95 processing fee

Many times it will just be let through with no charges

Cheers

#15 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2752 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 10 September 2020 - 06:52 PM

I try watch where I order from U.S , ordered a part one time that was $56 shipped Canadian , customs go hand on it and duty was $86.50 reason given that same part was available thru Canadian retailer for just under $120 , ding ding ding they will get you at times , needless say I refused the order and got refunded cause I was told customs and duties were paid at time of purchase , not so if customs decide to nail you they will .

#16 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:32 PM

For us here we could not operate the business or the household or the hobbies without many US purchases

Just today a new headlight harness arrived for my truck from Rock auto 58.00 CD to my door in 6 days vs 88 and 15% tax at gm locally exact same item

I buy what I can local but will not be raped either

E-bay was huge for me for years with over 3000 US shipments since 99 until USPS drove up the international shipping rates and made items not worth it to buy state side from e-bay any more

So now I am an amazon junkie biggrin.png

Cheers

#17 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3205 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 11:03 AM

For us here we could not operate the business or the household or the hobbies without many US purchases

Just today a new headlight harness arrived for my truck from Rock auto 58.00 CD to my door in 6 days vs 88 and 15% tax at gm locally exact same item

I buy what I can local but will not be raped either

E-bay was huge for me for years with over 3000 US shipments since 99 until USPS drove up the international shipping rates and made items not worth it to buy state side from e-bay any more

So now I am an amazon junkie biggrin.png

Cheers

I laugh with so many Canadians up in arms to boycott the US, buy in Canada. We don't make a GD think now half the country wants to be on UBI. They say buy local but the odd stuff one finds is five time the price. Prices have gone retarded. I was doing an oil change on my bike the other day. Each time I go to get new o-rings there always missing one, so I told them order me three sets, 9 small o-rings in total. Went to pick them up and was told that the price had gone from $2.25 an o-ring to about $7.00. Cost me $72 bucks, holy frig. 

#18 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2752 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:40 PM

Gave up on eBay , when looking for something I love Amazon, now they are under investigation by feds to see if they are overpowering other businesses , Waldo World is one the main companies crying fowl over Amazon being able to sell cheaper .

Anyone with brain will search online for best prices , local I necessary , but most times it's shipped to the door , I refuse pay over inflated for local prices vs waiting 3-10 days for it show up at the door , if it's not needed ASAP, I'll Damm wait , New BBQ showed up Yesterday from Amazon , same one at Walmart or Ct , even Kent had this one , prices were $450-600 for that particular one , Amazon at the door in 8 days was just under$280 delivered .

Thats what buying local will get you on certain things , the shaft , and ya don't get kissed either after wards

#19 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:42 PM

I laugh with so many Canadians up in arms to boycott the US, buy in Canada. We don't make a GD think now half the country wants to be on UBI. They say buy local but the odd stuff one finds is five time the price. Prices have gone retarded. I was doing an oil change on my bike the other day. Each time I go to get new o-rings there always missing one, so I told them order me three sets, 9 small o-rings in total. Went to pick them up and was told that the price had gone from $2.25 an o-ring to about $7.00. Cost me $72 bucks, holy frig. 

Yes and 90% of them usually buy very little or have no clue where it comes from

O rings. I am still shaking from just coming from the building supplies

Quick story finished a woolmanized flower stand this morning with wood I bought last fall and mama said we need another so off I go with the same list to make another

The usual have no 8 foot but have 16 foot etc etc and then he says total 380.00

What I said it was 185 last fall. Yep that is how much it went up

So I said F'k the treated can you do the order in plain spruce. Yep then says 225 for crappy spruce :(

Everything right now is crazy priced

Cheers

#20 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10832 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

Gave up on eBay , when looking for something I love Amazon, now they are under investigation by feds to see if they are overpowering other businesses , Waldo World is one the main companies crying fowl over Amazon being able to sell cheaper .

Anyone with brain will search online for best prices , local I necessary , but most times it's shipped to the door , I refuse pay over inflated for local prices vs waiting 3-10 days for it show up at the door , if it's not needed ASAP, I'll Damm wait , New BBQ showed up Yesterday from Amazon , same one at Walmart or Ct , even Kent had this one , prices were $450-600 for that particular one , Amazon at the door in 8 days was just under$280 delivered .

Thats what buying local will get you on certain things , the shaft , and ya don't get kissed either after wards

Agree 100% and I do the same. Saved 400 bucks last week on 4 new tires for the wife's rouge delivered from Ontario vs the best so called price for the exact same tires the daughters old boy friend gave from a local tire shop

His staff price he says sad.png Christ I would not want to see the usual cost

Take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users