#21 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11125 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:50 AM

Not allowed to hunt on golf courses joe, UNLESS it’s closed for the season!
I was golfing one time at Granite Springs golf course in mid Oct. That’s out towards Peggy’s Cove.Not a lot of golfers around at the time of year. Behind the green maybe 75yds on the 12 hole two guys were gutting a deer and using the cart path on their 4 wheelers. When I told them I was thinking of hunting the area as well they turned very greyish ! There were tons of deer in there, but it is well back in the woods.
Sherwood golf course is way back in the woods too, used to hunt that area. Knew ol John ( he owned the course as well as wood motors ford ) before he got nailed for evading taxes.

Yep I was just joking about it wink.png

#22 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts
  • Locationhammonds plains

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:46 PM

Tripple D i am closer to the old rifle range you were talking about ,than the golf course ( my Dad a i used to sight our rifles in at that range ,many moons ago ).I actually took my first archery deer in that patch of woods (25 years ago ) .I usually hunt out off the 103 now , by the way have you noticed higher deer numbers where you hunt (there's healthy numbers in my spot this year ,nice to see ).You still working at clayton park sobeys ?

Wish i had half the skill with a rifle my dad had(rest in peace  Dad).

#23 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:45 PM

Tripple D i am closer to the old rifle range you were talking about ,than the golf course ( my Dad a i used to sight our rifles in at that range ,many moons ago ).I actually took my first archery deer in that patch of woods (25 years ago ) .I usually hunt out off the 103 now , by the way have you noticed higher deer numbers where you hunt (there's healthy numbers in my spot this year ,nice to see ).You still working at clayton park sobeys ?

Yes seems to be a lot of does spikes etc around in some places, other places not so much. Always nice to see higher #s. I use to use that range a lot. Certain times of the yr they wouldn’t give out the key,it was a long walk in. I’ve hunted off the 103 a few times, too many people in around big Indian lake area,not as bad or at least it wasn’t in around bates lake. Use to be good fishing too! USE TO BE IS KEY,too many with 4 wheelers now.

I was only training at CP sobeys I’m working at the Tantallon store. Do you work at sobeys in CP?
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#24 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:55 PM

No , i've worked for Sobeys for 36 years ,but never at CP .Funny story ,i work at Tantallon , you must have just transferred there .

#25 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:06 PM

No , i've worked for Sobeys for 36 years ,but never at CP .Funny story ,i work at Tantallon , you must have just transferred there .

Did it again must have a brain malfunction I meant Timberlea.
But how did you know I was at CP last fall?
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#26 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:21 PM

Someone mentioned it on here a while ago , i worked at the Timberlea store for a couple of days helping set up for their opening .

#27 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9057 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:11 AM

This is too kowinkiedinkental...That was also our old goto rifle range for a lot of years. !! We drove past there yesterday and I even slowed down to see if the old green iron gate is still there...it was !!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#28 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9057 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:17 AM

Fished there too !!

I knew the ranges days were numbered back then. 

We were set up ang shooting.....all of a sudden 3 smaller dirt bikes come flying out of the woods behind the target berm....they slowed down and stopped....we ceased fire...cleared the guns...I stood up and beckoned them over...they saw what we were doing and fekked off IMMEDIATELY !!

I reported what happened to the L&F and they said they would look into the rearward access.  Wasn't too long afterwards it closed...6 months maybe ?

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#29 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:28 PM

Kevin ,that lake right by the range is called" land of laziness lake ".I used to take the old 3 wheeler back there and pulled a few trout out of the myself .There also another lake farther back past the range called "camp hill lake " but i never had any luck at thet one .I did however take my first archery deer back there past the range .There's still all kinds of deer back there , but house's too close to hunt .

#30 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:02 PM

Lol and I thought I was the only who fished there.

#31 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:03 PM

Kevin ,that lake right by the range is called" land of laziness lake ".I used to take the old 3 wheeler back there and pulled a few trout out of the myself .There also another lake farther back past the range called "camp hill lake " but i never had any luck at thet one .I did however take my first archery deer back there past the range .There's still all kinds of deer back there , but house's too close to hunt .

That’s because by the time ya walked in there you had to take a nap!

#32 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:04 PM

This is too kowinkiedinkental...That was also our old goto rifle range for a lot of years. !! We drove past there yesterday and I even slowed down to see if the old green iron gate is still there...it was !!

Yes mine too and the range on the old waverly fire road. Both were close to home. But all good things come to an end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users