#1 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:14 PM

Just putting this out there .... a couple of years ago, I traded a Savage 99C series A rifle at Kelvin Swiminers shop in Chester Basin. It had a sling, and see through mounts with a Bell scope on it. Just wondering if anyone on here may have bought it ?? I know the chances of me finding it are slim to none. This is the first time I ever had sellers remorse. I am willing to pay good money to get it back. 

#2 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:19 PM

Check on gun post , seen several 99c there not long ago .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:46 PM

Did you ask the shop. Many times they remember who they sold certain guns to

Especially those. You either love them or hate them

Cheers

#4 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:52 PM

I looked on gunpost. Nothing there I was interested in. This one was “unique”. I did contact Kelvin, but he wasn’t overly helpful. 

#5 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:17 PM

I looked on gunpost. Nothing there I was interested in. This one was “unique”. I did contact Kelvin, but he wasn’t overly helpful. 

Not Kevin rolleyes.gif

Christ even down here he is known for his customer service sad.png

OK any chance you may have a pic of it

#6 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3246 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:33 PM

Just putting this out there .... a couple of years ago, I traded a Savage 99C series A rifle at Kelvin Swiminers shop in Chester Basin. It had a sling, and see through mounts with a Bell scope on it. Just wondering if anyone on here may have bought it ?? I know the chances of me finding it are slim to none. This is the first time I ever had sellers remorse. I am willing to pay good money to get it back. 

Just down the road is Woodswise outfitters, both get stuff moved around. Try Alex to see if it may have landed in his rack.

#7 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8993 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:47 PM

surrrrprise !!!!ph34r.png ph34r.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#8 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1734 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:33 PM

Traded mine in on a new Tikka 7 mm rem mag at the gun dealer in 2010.  I was a stupid, stupid man. Have since picked up another and much nicer shape.  What caliber was yours (.300 or .308)?  

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#9 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:22 PM

Kelvin wasn’t overly helpful. wacko.png  I also check out Woodwise regularly. It was “unique’,  because of all the searching I have done, I couldn’t find one like it. Had upgraded wood and a little different style stock. Nice engraving in the wood. Closest thing I could find was a Series A deluxe. It was a .308..... and unfortunately.... no pics. 

#10 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:31 PM

Kelvin wasn’t overly helpful. wacko.png  I also check out Woodwise regularly. It was “unique’,  because of all the searching I have done, I couldn’t find one like it. Had upgraded wood and a little different style stock. Nice engraving in the wood. Closest thing I could find was a Series A deluxe. It was a .308..... and unfortunately.... no pics. 

White spacer behind the rear butt plate pad and raised monte carlo stock ???

#11 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:48 PM

There was no white spacer, but it had a raised stock, but wasn’t a Monte Carlo stock ( no cheek piece). Had a soft solid gray butt plate. The deluxe is a close match, but the fore stock had engraving in the wood, and not like the deluxes that I have seen. Also had the “Indian” on the bottom of the grip. 

#12 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:49 PM

There was no white spacer, but it had a raised stock, but wasn’t a Monte Carlo stock ( no cheek piece). Had a soft solid gray butt plate. The deluxe is a close match, but the fore stock had engraving in the wood, and not like the deluxes that I have seen. Also had the “Indian” on the bottom of the grip. 

OK the aluminium plate. I think I know the one

see if I can find a pic

#13 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:57 PM

Maybe ???

1M6RfzB.jpg

#14 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:56 PM

Looks a lot like it. It had a clip ... not the rotary magazine. It also had a Williams rear sight, not like the one in the pic.... but this is the closest pic I’ve seen. 

#15 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3246 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:22 PM

Have you tried Ricky Hebb?

#16 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:33 PM

T-stick ... where is he located ?? Is he a gun dealer ??

#17 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3246 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:38 PM

T-stick ... where is he located ?? Is he a gun dealer ??

He sells lots of guns all over the provinces. He may have seen it. You can pm him as Hunter Rick.

#18 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8993 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:02 PM

He sells lots of guns all over the provinces. He may have seen it. You can pm him as  Hunter Rick.

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#19 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1734 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:24 PM

Check with win73 on this site too. He advertises more rifles/guns in the classified section than Cabelas.  blink.png

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#20 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:21 AM

Looks a lot like it. It had a clip ... not the rotary magazine. It also had a Williams rear sight, not like the one in the pic.... but this is the closest pic I’ve seen. 

Ok we are making progress

Could the original stock have been changed

I think you had a C with a M serious stock set on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users