Oic To Be Used Once Again In The Banning Of More Firearms - Rifle/Guns - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

Oic To Be Used Once Again In The Banning Of More Firearms

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:28 PM

Anyone hear anything about this. My friend who is member of a few organizations said he got notification this am.

#2 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11125 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:42 PM

I don't think it ever stopped

As they discover models not listed initially that fall into the categories they defined as banned  they are added

Does his fall into that

Cheers

Firearms and devices that are now prohibited

The following nine (9) types of firearms and their variants are now prohibited:

• M16, AR-10, AR-15 rifles and M4 carbine
  • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
  • M14 rifle
  • Vz58 rifle
  • Robinson Armament XCR rifle
  • CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbine and pistol
  • Beretta CX4 Storm carbine
  • SIG Sauer SIG MCX and SIG Sauer SIG MPX carbine and pistol
  • Swiss Arms Classic Green and Four Seasons series (as specified in former Bill C-71)

Also now prohibited are firearms with the following characteristics:

• capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10,000 Joules
  • a bore of 20 mm or greater

Upper receivers of M16, AR-10, AR-15 and M4 pattern firearms are also now prohibited device

#3 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:53 PM

I don't think it ever stopped

As they discover models not listed initially that fall into the categories they defined as banned  they are added

Does his fall into that

Cheers

Firearms and devices that are now prohibited

The following nine (9) types of firearms and their variants are now prohibited:

• M16, AR-10, AR-15 rifles and M4 carbine
  • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
  • M14 rifle
  • Vz58 rifle
  • Robinson Armament XCR rifle
  • CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbine and pistol
  • Beretta CX4 Storm carbine
  • SIG Sauer SIG MCX and SIG Sauer SIG MPX carbine and pistol
  • Swiss Arms Classic Green and Four Seasons series (as specified in former Bill C-71)

Also now prohibited are firearms with the following characteristics:

• capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10,000 Joules
  • a bore of 20 mm or greater

Upper receivers of M16, AR-10, AR-15 and M4 pattern firearms are also now prohibited device

I think he means that OIC is going to be used for again for another whole different group to be banned. I received nothing, just wondering if anyone heard of this.

#4 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11125 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 October 2020 - 03:59 PM

I think he means that OIC is going to be used for again for another whole different group to be banned. I received nothing, just wondering if anyone heard of this.

Never heard a word about that unless it may be handguns :(

#5 hityad

hityad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:14 PM

Big discussing going on CGN on that topic, initiated by Frontier Firearms:

https://www.canadian...y-Will-Ban-Next

#6 jimmerp

jimmerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Locationvalley

Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:41 AM

If you didnt think they wanted YOUR guns its too late to reconsider. Support the court cases and the CCFR.

#7 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:24 AM

I’m telling you, Joe ... your Remi-semi is not as safe as you might think it is. Since fully automatics were banned years ago ... I’m guessing they will come for the semi’s. They are all capable of “rapid fire”.... even a 742 Woodsmaster. Maybe I should have kept my single shot 7400. biggrin.png

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11125 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:53 AM

I’m telling you, Joe ... your Remi-semi is not as safe as you might think it is. Since fully automatics were banned years ago ... I’m guessing they will come for the semi’s. They are all capable of “rapid fire”.... even a 742 Woodsmaster. Maybe I should have kept my single shot 7400. biggrin.png

OMG. You know I heard that in 1965 when I was told not to buy a 1100 remington and I still have it today

I will take them to my grave

Having owned both a 74oo is a long way from a m16

Having a lever action is like a single shot so you are still good biggrin.png biggrin.png

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11125 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:57 AM

Big discussing going on CGN on that topic, initiated by Frontier Firearms:

https://www.canadian...y-Will-Ban-Next

I never seen it as any substance. Just another CSSA inside track reporting BS . PLEASE .Take what they say CSSA with a grain of salt. Just like they say the buy back tender is back out or all 10 and 12ga are now banned

Where is anything official from someone in power ????? OH wait now So says Member of Parliament Joël Lightbound, Like he would know anything

We know Mr. Lightbound is a new M.P. and a relatively young man (32) but he is an educated person with a law degree from McGill University, the great bastion of Quebec liberalism.

Can we say CSSA membership drive. Power to them I guess but they are pissing off gun owners

If we want to worry about something real worry about a municipal handgun ban. That is coming

Cheers

#10 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:10 AM

I never seen it as any substance. Just another CSSA inside track reporting BS . PLEASE .Take what they say CSSA with a grain of salt. Just like they say the buy back tender is back out or all 10 and 12ga are now banned

Where is anything official from someone in power ????? OH wait now So says Member of Parliament Joël Lightbound, Like he would know anything

We know Mr. Lightbound is a new M.P. and a relatively young man (32) but he is an educated person with a law degree from McGill University, the great bastion of Quebec liberalism.

Can we say CSSA membership drive. Power to them I guess but they are pissing off gun owners

If we want to worry about something real worry about a municipal handgun ban. That is coming

Cheers

Yes the hand gun ban is no doubt right around the corner, and unfortunately semi's not far behind.

#11 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11125 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:13 AM

Yes the hand gun ban is no doubt right around the corner, and unfortunately semi's not far behind.

I won't see a semi hunting rifle or shotgun ban nor will you. We will be DEAD sad.png

On the handgun ban will NS jump on board with BC etc. We know they will sadly

Cheers

#12 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:27 AM

You shouldn’t think that way Joe. I hope you are right ... but the world has significantly changed in the last little while. Justine wants the guns to disappear. He is a modern world Hitler, whether you believe that or not. Wait until the Democrats get in, and want to make changes to their gun laws. There will be a war. ANY semi automatic will “rapid fire”. Those are what the government wants out of the hands of criminals and law abiding citizens. Your bolts, levers and single shots will be safe for now.... but I wouldn’t bet the farm on semi’s.

#13 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11125 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:40 AM

You shouldn’t think that way Joe. I hope you are right ... but the world has significantly changed in the last little while. Justine wants the guns to disappear. He is a modern world Hitler, whether you believe that or not. Wait until the Democrats get in, and want to make changes to their gun laws. There will be a war. ANY semi automatic will “rapid fire”. Those are what the government wants out of the hands of criminals and law abiding citizens. Your bolts, levers and single shots will be safe for now.... but I wouldn’t bet the farm on semi’s.

Wait now you told me your semi 7400 was a single shot tongue.png

Why should I not think that way . I have been right since 1965 and knew what to sell over the years and keep this time also regardless how the world has changed

I knew AR's would be toast but took a chance and got burned but knew I would . Was bang on with the rest which is why I sold them before the shoe dropped

I expect to lose some or all handguns but then it will stop for quite a while

My collection of semi's that remain will die with me and hopefully some one will enjoy them years from now when my daughter sells them all off sad.png . None are military etc and 90% shotguns. How confident am I enough that I kept a few dozen

I am not smart just very honest with myself and what I own and if it was never originally designed for hunting with a certain action it is or will be in toast some day so in a gray area and now gone from my collection

Forget the USD and major changes to gun laws they have a right to own them. Full stop

Like my two brothers both say they can use some storage laws down there and both store theirs as if they were in canada plus better background checks and better courses

Cheers

#14 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11125 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:16 AM

Seems handguns are their focus now which they said it would be. No comment from me on the petition other than same oh same oh 

https://calibremag.c...trict-handguns/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users