76 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3476 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:09 PM

So on my way home today I thought I would stop to ask CP about there new policy on shipping firearms. I am in the mail line and ask to see someone about it. We have to hold the discussion in the line as you cannot get near anyone. All the folks there said they know little about the new policy. They directed me to there website. I told them I have been there and that I see it says to open a business account, would I then be suggesting I have a business. They tell me yes, because I am selling firearms. Really, what if I want to just return a defective gun to a store. Then I was told I was to call the 1-800 number. I told the lady did that three weeks ago, sat over an hour on the phone was given a ticket #, but no one has ever called back. I told her that CP offices and couriers seem to all be operating differently these days. The lady then says the business account is only a suggestion its not mandatory. So I say really so I can bring a firearm in and ship it, I did and you turned me down. Then it was some are allowing it but not this office. Then she says frankly we are getting away from moving firearms. Interesting? Its like the RCMP suggested, many CP offices seem more paranoid than others after the shootings. Is it that or just more government red tape?

#2 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:21 PM

So each branch sets there own policy on firearms is that whats she saying, lol your PO must be staffed by liberals....

#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:22 PM

Once again. Report her and the post office plain and simple

It is a black and white CP corporate policy that clearly outlines the procedure for ALL post offices for the shipment of firearms and they have to follow it

Has nothing to do with rcmp or the government

An idiot of a post master who never read the may memo they all got  May 1st or read it but likes to be GOD with her own made up rules

Cheers

Are you scared of her?? or don't want to stur the poop

Just found one on nutz from when this started where his guns were being held until he got a business account which was also BS and he fixed it

Called Canada Post customer service at 1-866-607-6301 and put a stop to her threats

Like they said

Ask for a supervisor and file a complaint. She is a federal employee and she works for you, not the other way around.

The may1st memo said all post offices yours included

hzilV8y.jpg

#4 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:24 PM

So each branch sets there own policy on firearms is that whats she saying, lol your PO must be staffed by liberals....

Imagine . Oh I wish that was here .I love crap like this. It would be fixed real quick

Our old santa clause look alike post master however we have is not that stupid to make his own rules

Cheers

#5 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9411 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 19 October 2020 - 06:25 PM

me too Joe ..esp when I know I'm / It's right !!!!!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#6 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9411 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 19 October 2020 - 06:25 PM

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#7 kettlesd

kettlesd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPorters Lake NS

Posted 19 October 2020 - 08:56 PM

The Post office in Porters Lake was more then helpful with the new rules. Great customer service.

Only PITA is the requirement to ship the gun locked, and the key separately. Easy enough to deal with though - just ship it with a cheap combo and email them the code. The requirement to pre-print the label is at most a minor inconvenience really.

Gunsmith, Chef, Pilot, Shooter & Hunter........

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:47 AM

Yes Kevin since that doesn't happen many times around this house biggrin.png with my mama

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:49 AM

One has to ask a simple question

All of canada is having no problems with the changes in shipping firearms in fact many on nutz like them 

So is it the rcmp or a government problem or just a post master problem. Is her name Karen sad.png

Think about that 

Cheers

One members comments

Yes OP. Since the rules changed I have shipped a gun under the new rules. It's really not hard to do. One could argue its easier, I don't have to deal with some stupid #### at the post office, I put in the details, pay for it online, and I don't even have to leave the house because you can schedule a pickup for the outgoing parcel, (but I just took my package to the post office on my lunch break).

I use a cardboard box (usually a gun box if I have one, yes still acceptable ) well taped, then wrapped in brown paper and well taped again. On the firearm I put one of those plastic screw together type trigger locks that cost $1-2.

#10 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3476 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:09 AM

One has to ask a simple question

All of canada is having no problems with the changes in shipping firearms in fact many on nutz like them 

So is it the rcmp or a government problem or just a post master problem. Is her name Karen sad.png

Think about that 

Cheers

One members comments

Yes OP. Since the rules changed I have shipped a gun under the new rules. It's really not hard to do. One could argue its easier, I don't have to deal with some stupid #### at the post office, I put in the details, pay for it online, and I don't even have to leave the house because you can schedule a pickup for the outgoing parcel, (but I just took my package to the post office on my lunch break).

I use a cardboard box (usually a gun box if I have one, yes still acceptable ) well taped, then wrapped in brown paper and well taped again. On the firearm I put one of those plastic screw together type trigger locks that cost $1-2.

No again you appear not to be listening. No, not all of Canada is not having a problem, Repeat myself again. CP told me the are overwhelmed with complaints, the RCMP have told me some CP offices are now parinoid after the shootings and shipping firearms period. Guess it would explain why it takes days to contact anyone and weeks upon weeks for any one to respond about a firearm. I say give it a few months and CP won't be moving them like the lady said the other day. You can see it coming. An alarm seems to go off a the office here if they even see a box that resembles something one would ship a firearm in. I already told you about my mother leaving her sweater behind in a visit. My wife went to mail it, came home and was shocked with the third degree of what was in the box, she thought it was weird. Something even odder here is if I get someone to ship a firearm out for me, they will not except the shipment by the dealer if he has my return address on the package, like what the fek is up. What businesses is it of CP is it that a dealer cannot send it out for a customer? When I stopped the other day two of the ladies made odd comments, one was they recognize my name for shipping firearms, and two wasn't I just in with a firearm last week? I rarely sell, I have maybe sold three guns in a couple years, but I buy, so have CP been tracking what purchases I have been making over the last couple years? One feked up post office. There faces go in a knot if you mention a firearm. Lets be honest, since covid no one is picking up the phone to respond in any time to resolve anything. Canada post has driven the rates up to pay there big salaries and they want to do nothing. There is probably half a dozen standing at the office here doing crosswords, not one knows anything about there own memo, and have no interest in getting involved or learning, hey just say call the 1-800 number. It used to be that CT had terrible service at the parts counter, now service is non existent in many places, just give them money. Fek you would think one at CP might even say give me your contact info I will do an inquiry, nope, that would be work, and they may learn something in the meantime. Really anyone that is shipping guns by following Canada Post request to open a business account is doing part of the work for them. Its that simple. I do see comments on gun nutz from different areas where the clerks are nosey and even cutting open items if they think it resembles a gun box. Its great your shipping guns all the time with no problems, I thought two years ago you had told us you sold off what you were going to and were not buying anymore, what's changed.

#11 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:04 AM

The Post office in Porters Lake was more then helpful with the new rules. Great customer service.

Only PITA is the requirement to ship the gun locked, and the key separately. Easy enough to deal with though - just ship it with a cheap combo and email them the code. The requirement to pre-print the label is at most a minor inconvenience really.

I don't think this is a real requirement.  It's not on the Canada Post website (that I could find...?).  

Also, I just got a gun from Cabelas a week or so ago - key was in the box.   If it was a requirement I would think commercial dealers would know about it.

Having said that, it clearly make sense - but that is different from "have to do it".  :-)

Rob

#12 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3476 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:07 AM

Puralator truck was across the road this am. Walked over to ask the driver about firearm shipment. They now ship only RCMP and Military that he knew. Not many do anymore. Squeeze, squeeze, squeeze.

#13 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5955 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:59 AM

Puralator truck was across the road this am. Walked over to ask the driver about firearm shipment. They now ship only RCMP and Military that he knew. Not many do anymore. Squeeze, squeeze, squeeze.

Canpar or Loomis
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#14 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3476 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:13 PM

Canpar or Loomis

Just said puralator, probably Can par, don't know?

#15 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:55 PM

I don't think this is a real requirement.  It's not on the Canada Post website (that I could find...?).  

Also, I just got a gun from Cabelas a week or so ago - key was in the box.   If it was a requirement I would think commercial dealers would know about it.

Having said that, it clearly make sense - but that is different from "have to do it".  :-)

Rob

Commercial have their own set of rules always have

I have NEVER received a gun with a trigger lock from any of them epps, gun dealer etc etc

Cheers

#16 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:04 PM

No again you appear not to be listening. No, not all of Canada is not having a problem, Repeat myself again. CP told me the are overwhelmed with complaints, the RCMP have told me some CP offices are now parinoid after the shootings and shipping firearms period. Guess it would explain why it takes days to contact anyone and weeks upon weeks for any one to respond about a firearm. I say give it a few months and CP won't be moving them like the lady said the other day. You can see it coming. An alarm seems to go off a the office here if they even see a box that resembles something one would ship a firearm in. I already told you about my mother leaving her sweater behind in a visit. My wife went to mail it, came home and was shocked with the third degree of what was in the box, she thought it was weird. Something even odder here is if I get someone to ship a firearm out for me, they will not except the shipment by the dealer if he has my return address on the package, like what the fek is up. What businesses is it of CP is it that a dealer cannot send it out for a customer? When I stopped the other day two of the ladies made odd comments, one was they recognize my name for shipping firearms, and two wasn't I just in with a firearm last week? I rarely sell, I have maybe sold three guns in a couple years, but I buy, so have CP been tracking what purchases I have been making over the last couple years? One feked up post office. There faces go in a knot if you mention a firearm. Lets be honest, since covid no one is picking up the phone to respond in any time to resolve anything. Canada post has driven the rates up to pay there big salaries and they want to do nothing. There is probably half a dozen standing at the office here doing crosswords, not one knows anything about there own memo, and have no interest in getting involved or learning, hey just say call the 1-800 number. It used to be that CT had terrible service at the parts counter, now service is non existent in many places, just give them money. Fek you would think one at CP might even say give me your contact info I will do an inquiry, nope, that would be work, and they may learn something in the meantime. Really anyone that is shipping guns by following Canada Post request to open a business account is doing part of the work for them. Its that simple. I do see comments on gun nutz from different areas where the clerks are nosey and even cutting open items if they think it resembles a gun box. Its great your shipping guns all the time with no problems, I thought two years ago you had told us you sold off what you were going to and were not buying anymore, what's changed.

It is not me has has a listening issue

It is this simple don't get a business account and never ship with them again and pay like three times more for the ONE courier that ships firearms Canpar and it is NOT purolator both price wise and service

Other than ME filing a complaint against your post office ( which I cannot) what ever one it is I can do no more to help and that is useless even if I could since you have no business account and scared to get one

Crying here is doing nothing since we all are shipping just fine and we all know this is NOT a rcmp or government issue or even canada post issue

It is your idiot post master issue only

I am done with this

LOL just wait until you get a  courier price unless they have come down since the virus but I don't think they have

Cheers

#17 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:06 PM

Commercial have their own set of rules always have

I have NEVER received a gun with a trigger lock from any of them epps, gun dealer etc etc

Cheers

I did.  I suspect strongly it was put there by the manufacturer (just from the way the key was taped - it would not have been the easy place to put it if it was done at a Cabela's warehouse).

Having said that, even if they have their own rules, this one (key separate) still doesn't exist - in either set.

Even if you step back and assume it does exist - think about why.  Only one reason - if someone opens the package during shipping, they "can't" open the lock as they do not have the key.   With that being the only reason - why would the requirement be different (if it existed) for commercial?  Would a commercially shipped gun be impervious to having the package opened compared to one I sent?

I stand by my "this is a made up (but logical!) rule".  :-)

I wouldn't pick a big fight about it personally, I'd just lie - "Nope!  No key in there!"  ;-)

Rob

#18 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:18 PM

I did.  I suspect strongly it was put there by the manufacturer (just from the way the key was taped - it would not have been the easy place to put it if it was done at a Cabela's warehouse).

Having said that, even if they have their own rules, this one (key separate) still doesn't exist - in either set.

Even if you step back and assume it does exist - think about why.  Only one reason - if someone opens the package during shipping, they "can't" open the lock as they do not have the key.   With that being the only reason - why would the requirement be different (if it existed) for commercial?  Would a commercially shipped gun be impervious to having the package opened compared to one I sent?

I stand by my "this is a made up (but logical!) rule".  :-)

I wouldn't pick a big fight about it personally, I'd just lie - "Nope!  No key in there!"  ;-)

Rob

Cabelas is Not a gun store IMHO and many others . They are a big box store that sells some guns and lock their guns

Have you ever got one from a gun shop. I never have meaning non restricted

One can open those keyed locks in about 7 seconds in just a screw driver

It is all about show not safety

Commercial can also fly guns we can't

NO idea why they are above the rules but always have been

Cheers

#19 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3476 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:30 PM

It is not me has has a listening issue

It is this simple don't get a business account and never ship with them again and pay like three times more for the ONE courier that ships firearms Canpar and it is NOT purolator both price wise and service

Other than ME filing a complaint against your post office ( which I cannot) what ever one it is I can do no more to help and that is useless even if I could since you have no business account and scared to get one

Crying here is doing nothing since we all are shipping just fine and we all know this is NOT a rcmp or government issue or even canada post issue

It is your idiot post master issue only

I am done with this

LOL just wait until you get a  courier price unless they have come down since the virus but I don't think they have

Cheers

It almost pointless to post on the site. It is your way as you see it and no there way. There is nothing it seems you don't know. Its good you have your finger on the pulse for my area. I knew another fellow in Cape Breton that knew every thing, the locals said he had to be at least 150 years old to be as knowIedgeable as he was. I was only sharing what I see here. Site is dying from lack of participation. No wonder people stop posting. I could give two feks about Canada post, they sit right there with CBC in my book. I don't sell much, not like you that's buying selling all the timebiggrin.png There will be crying when CP phases out shipping altogether. 

#20 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:43 PM

It almost pointless to post on the site. It is your way as you see it and no there way. There is nothing it seems you don't know. Its good you have your finger on the pulse for my area. I knew another fellow in Cape Breton that knew every thing, the locals said he had to be at least 150 years old to be as knowIedgeable as he was. I was only sharing what I see here. Site is dying from lack of participation. No wonder people stop posting. I could give two feks about Canada post, they sit right there with CBC in my book. I don't sell much, not like you that's buying selling all the timebiggrin.png There will be crying when CP phases out shipping altogether. 

This has sweet f'k all to do with me and it is NOT my way. It is canada post corporate policy and yes it is useless to post your side about it when NONE of us agree with you or your lack of understanding it

OH ya call me a know it all that is your next approach is it. Good for you feel better now

I made ONE mistake trying to help you with this . No more

Well I am not a know it all but this one I know as does every other firearm owner in canada that ships guns since may 1st. But wait now you live is a special spot in canada you say . No such thing as far as canada post

Sorry you cannot grasp it and do what is required to join the rest of us

Ya canada post is going to stop shipping them. What next are you going to dream up or let me guess the rcmp told you that OH boy

See canada post ships 99% of all the firearms that move in canada at a premium cost and they are going to stop. Who ever is saying that better feel their head

Any how See ya and yes I am pissed now after your personnel attack and believe it or not  I was only trying to help you which now I know is not possible so deliver your guns you sell by dog sled or canoe  for all I care and give that big idiot of a post master you have and are scared of  a big kiss since she and ONLY HER is f'n you

My firearm sales are going canada post as they always have

That alone in bold should tell you what I say on this is not BS

Did Kevin not say the same and Walter etc etc . Guess they are know it alls too 

But guess what all three of us  are shipping firearms canada post with the new requirements since May 1st you are not

That says it all and you must giver a F'k about canada post since you have posted this twice now but getting the same answers over and over and over which you clearly don't like or believe

Get a business account, report that post master and her BS and ship your guns as required after it is fixed in YOUR post office which is not special

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users