76 replies to this topic

#21 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3571 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:38 PM

This has sweet f'k all to do with me and it is NOT my way. It is canada post corporate policy and yes it is useless to post your side about it when NONE of us agree with you or your lack of understanding it

OH ya call me a know it all that is your next approach is it. Good for you feel better now

I made ONE mistake trying to help you with this . No more

Well I am not a know it all but this one I know as does every other firearm owner in canada that ships guns since may 1st. But wait now you live is a special spot in canada you say . No such thing as far as canada post

Sorry you cannot grasp it and do what is required to join the rest of us

Ya canada post is going to stop shipping them. What next are you going to dream up or let me guess the rcmp told you that OH boy

See canada post ships 99% of all the firearms that move in canada at a premium cost and they are going to stop. Who ever is saying that better feel their head

Any how See ya and yes I am pissed now after your personnel attack and believe it or not  I was only trying to help you which now I know is not possible so deliver your guns you sell by dog sled or canoe  for all I care and give that big idiot of a post master you have and are scared of  a big kiss since she and ONLY HER is f'n you

My firearm sales are going canada post as they always have

That alone in bold should tell you what I say on this is not BS

Did Kevin not say the same and Walter etc etc . Guess they are know it alls too 

But guess what all three of us  are shipping firearms canada post with the new requirements since May 1st you are not

That says it all and you must giver a F'k about canada post since you have posted this twice now but getting the same answers over and over and over which you clearly don't like or believe

Get a business account, report that post master and her BS and ship your guns as required after it is fixed in YOUR post office which is not special

Your ruining a good site old man. Many are not posting anymore, guess why. You like to insult first but when you get called out you flip your lid and you play the old personnel attack card. Now your trying to drag other members into your little web. You drove members away on the gun ban forum arguing with everyone, you are doing a real good job keeping folks away. I can see why gun nutz had problems with you. Have a good day.

#22 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2012 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:38 PM

Not that long ago i purchased a bolt 3030 from a dealer out west. He sent it via CP. When i went to get it at my local office, they asked what the rifle was as the bolt knob wad sticking out the side of the box.
I get home and sfter 10min of cutting tape i finally get to the rifle, barrel was taken off the stock, no trigger lock and the bolt was in the reciever cocked!!.
I let the seller know the new rules and the answer i got back was " yeah i know but theyll never check"

Cant fix stupid
can i go hunting yet??

#23 Blackhat45

Blackhat45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:44 PM

These posts are very informative.
Thanks for the knowledge.
Like the poor little Liberals say “Blame Harper” for all government agencies discrepancies and actions.

#24 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9501 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:46 PM

Now now boyz...play nice and get along !!...  " Don't make me get the belt "   happy.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#25 Tombraider

Tombraider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLower Sackville

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:02 PM

Just now reading about this, and I have not shipped a firearm with Canada post. correct me if I'm wrong, but do I have to disclose to them what I am shipping? I wouldn't think so ( basically none of they're business), and if they do ask ;would I be wrong telling them its a a set of golf clubs? R

P.E.T.A.- PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS

#26 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 21 October 2020 - 05:09 AM

I have not shipped a firearm since these “new rules” came out. It is my understanding, that I need to set up an account so I can print my own “expedited” labels. Am I wrong thinking this ?? Canada Post obviously still ships guns. I’m guessing that if you don’t have one of these accounts, the average person might run into some road blocks at the post office ??? Having said that ... i started to fill out for an account, and when I got to the part where they are asking for a business name ... I stopped. If the government finds out I have a “business” ... they’ll come looking for HST money. biggrin.png

#27 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:08 AM

Your ruining a good site old man. Many are not posting anymore, guess why. You like to insult first but when you get called out you flip your lid and you play the old personnel attack card. Now your trying to drag other members into your little web. You drove members away on the gun ban forum arguing with everyone, you are doing a real good job keeping folks away. I can see why gun nutz had problems with you. Have a good day.

Good. Think that bothers me. I guess it wasn't a personnel attack was it. Not dragging anyone in they posted and said the same if you can remember that far back

I cannot work with a brain that is seized with blue locktite is the problem here plus that is scared of their post master  

If one man has that much power as you say I do I should run for PM. The site was in trouble long before I joined and a few fools like me post to try to keep it going

Think about how foolish you sound. It is no different than any other gun site here and if you don't wear big girl panties nothing I can do to help that

Ahh and who was right on the gun ban. OHHHHHHHHH 12 and 10ga are banned I remember the idiots. F'n Wes that owns ellwood epps didnot know how to measure a bore of a shotgun right PLEASE

I am not sure what gun nutz members have problems with me. They for the most part give and take it and not leave crying or scared of their post master

Get with the times and get a CP business account and fix this mess only you are experiencing. I didnot like the new CP rules either but have to follow them if I want to ship

Wait now if I responded Oh those dam liberals, and justin are screwing you and OMG the rcmp is right CP is stopping shipping guns would that have made you happy. Yep

BUT WRONG

JyZHQM9.jpg

and get it fixed

#28 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:13 AM

Now now boyz...play nice and get along !!...  " Don't make me get the belt "   happy.png

You need more than a belt this time may be a mall and it may sink in

#29 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:34 AM

Just now reading about this, and I have not shipped a firearm with Canada post. correct me if I'm wrong, but do I have to disclose to them what I am shipping? I wouldn't think so ( basically none of they're business), and if they do ask ;would I be wrong telling them its a a set of golf clubs? R

To each their own but if it gets lost forget about getting any insurance claim approved

I have told them for years exactly what it is , nothing I am doing wrong so why lie

Cheers

#30 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9501 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:54 AM

I went thru the bother of setting up a small business account all because of one of my post office workers. She said do it...It'll cost you zero..I said I don't have a sm business...she said it doesn't matter...you ship a lot of stuff and you'll save a few cents on all your purchases and your postage too. No BIG savings...but some savings..plus it'll give you the 4 free shipping days in Octember !

I relented and did it...and I'm glad I did. I can measure and weigh my shipments...print my labels and just drop the parcel off...easy peasy !

Annnnd  yes...I fully disclose to them when I am shipping a firearm...and I WON'T SHIP ONE without the appropriate amount of insurance on it  ...OR ANY ITEM now for that matter actually...I'm twice bitten...forever shy !!!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#31 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts
  • Location(Prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:19 AM

Cabelas is Not a gun store IMHO and many others . They are a big box store that sells some guns and lock their guns

Have you ever got one from a gun shop. I never have meaning non restricted

One can open those keyed locks in about 7 seconds in just a screw driver

It is all about show not safety

Commercial can also fly guns we can't

NO idea why they are above the rules but always have been

Cheers

I am not even sure what this is about any more....?    Do you disagree with me?  Do you agree?  

As I said, there is no rule saying the kay has to be shipped separately.  That's it.  End of my point.

If I'm wrong, show me a link.  If I'm right cut and paste a nice "thumbs up" emoji and let's move on from something that should have been a one post comment.  :-)

Rob

#32 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9501 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:47 AM

Just another typical derailment Rob.....enjoy  rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

#33 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:34 PM

I am not even sure what this is about any more....?    Do you disagree with me?  Do you agree?  

As I said, there is no rule saying the kay has to be shipped separately.  That's it.  End of my point.

If I'm wrong, show me a link.  If I'm right cut and paste a nice "thumbs up" emoji and let's move on from something that should have been a one post comment.  :-)

Rob

I agree with you sorry for not being clear.  My apologies. Too much on the go right now and reading stuff too fast when I get a few minutes to visit here

Cheers

dZUPjbd.jpg

#34 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:35 PM

Just another typical derailment Rob.....enjoy  rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Derail ???  unsure.png I guess Cheers from below  but really more like always learning Joe

VoTWRwH.jpg

#35 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:47 AM

Did you guys get this. I have not so far but they say it is coming since guns shipped over 39" long are normally classed as oversized

So possibly a $8.00 increase sad.png may be coming

Important information and upcoming changes

Hello, XXXXXXXX

In this email, we share important changes, updates and tips so you can plan ahead and run your business smoothly during peak season
Modifications to surcharges for bulky items during peak season

Canada Post is adjusting three existing surcharges for the 2020 holiday season to address additional handling requirements for larger, bulkier items. These changes will be in effect from November 9, 2020 to January 10, 2021 inclusive.

Oversize and Unpackaged Items and Out-of-spec Items:

Surcharges for Oversize and Unpackaged items will increase to $20 from $12. Note that if an item is both Oversize and Unpackaged, the surcharge will only apply once.

The existing surcharge for items that exceed Canada Post’s size or weight specification (out-of-spec) will be adjusted to $300 from $125. This surcharge only applies to items with an actual weight greater than 30 kg, and/or one side greater than 2 m, and/or length + girth greater than 3 m.

#36 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:56 AM

I got that email the other day. That’s a big increase. On a side note ... my son shipped a gun to Manitoba the other day. He has no small business account, and didn’t realize what is required with shipping firearms now. The clerk asked him if there was any dangerous goods in the package and he said no. A firearm doesn’t fall under dangerous goods category. It made it to its destination no problem. 

#37 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:11 AM

I got that email the other day. That’s a big increase. On a side note ... my son shipped a gun to Manitoba the other day. He has no small business account, and didn’t realize what is required with shipping firearms now. The clerk asked him if there was any dangerous goods in the package and he said no. A firearm doesn’t fall under dangerous goods category. It made it to its destination no problem. 

Mine must be coming. Yep getting crazy. I shipped the last one to BC and with the insurance was $102 bucks Nuts

I am just assuming guns will be hit since most end up over that 39" or one meter length (what ever it is) and are classed as oversized other than a shotgun I can take apart

Cheers

Found it

Oversize items

A surcharge will be applied to all Oversized items. An item is considered oversized if:

• it has any dimension exceeding one metre (39.4 in.), and/or,
  • it measures more than 76 cm (30 in.) along its second longest side.

#38 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9501 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:45 AM

I received the same email. They'll probably forget to take it back off come January ...just like they did with the fuel surcharge  dry.png dry.png

#39 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts
  • Location(Prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:43 AM

I received the same email. They'll probably for to take it back off come January ...just like they did with the fuel surcharge  dry.png dry.png

You made me LOL.   Funny how easy it is for "surcharges" to get added.

#40 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3571 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:30 PM

Looks like lots of unhappy customers of Canada Post on gun nutz, pages full. Interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users