Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:02 AM

Well Kevin I hope he doesn't mind but I have to share this

A very kind mutual friend paid me a visit yesterday and dropped me off my first feed of smelt for the year which was greatly appreciated and enjoyed for supper

During our chat the site came up and I said before I die I would love to meet Kevin face to face since I think we are so much alike with similar experiences and could chew the fat for hours and share a good meal or two smile.png

He then slowly said something like yes it seems you guys love your food 

I then said OK now the big question who is bigger laugh.png laugh.png

There was silence, then a long stare and then finally something like you are both real good sized boys 

Priceless laugh.png laugh.png

Great answer - obviously he could be a politician biggrin.png .  I've met the two of you as well and will take his lead by agreeing with his words. No doubt I could outrun you guys but if either of you got your mitts on my neck ohmy.png

.....nice day and with the chit coming tonight and tomorrow I'm off to the hard water for trout. 

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#62 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9420 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:38 AM

LOL...If we get to the Cape next fall for our annual trip, usually around the Thanksgiving weekend...or the next one after, IF I can get the stars to align just right...we'll definitely stop by for a visit Joe. I'll bring the 25 ft flexible tape !!    tongue.png tongue.png tongue.png tongue.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#63 labradort

labradort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:42 AM

This is a new one to me.  Tracing an item by tracking, and it says delivery was attempted at 8:30 AM and notice left.  Only 12 minutes earlier the tracing status says processed at plant.  I was home, near the door, and neither myself nor our dog that can spot that hi-vis vest on the mailman at 300 yards, saw anyone.

I started a chat with the Canada Post web site to complain this is BS.  They said that since March 2020, when a signature is required, there is no delivery attempt - it goes straight to the pick up place.  But I said there was no notice left.  While I'm on the chat, I see the mailman approaching and the dog raised the intruder approaching alarm.  The delivery notice arrived by the mailman, about an hour and a half after the tracking info said it was left at the door.

The basic problem is the web site status information has not been changed to show how it now works since March 2020 due to eliminating signatures at the door.

#64 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:24 AM

Great answer - obviously he could be a politician biggrin.png .  I've met the two of you as well and will take his lead by agreeing with his words. No doubt I could outrun you guys but if either of you got your mitts on my neck ohmy.png

.....nice day and with the chit coming tonight and tomorrow I'm off to the hard water for trout. 

So what are you saying about me and my bud Kevin angry.png

biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

bdwpHah.jpg

#65 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:28 AM

LOL...If we get to the Cape next fall for our annual trip, usually around the Thanksgiving weekend...or the next one after, IF I can get the stars to align just right...we'll definitely stop by for a visit Joe. I'll bring the 25 ft flexible tape !!    tongue.png tongue.png tongue.png tongue.png

Sounds good pending when it is we may be able to actually drive up and meet you for lunch or something

Is it the cabot trail you hit. If so we go also at least once during leaf time for mama's pictures

Take care

#66 Tim S

Tim S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:33 AM

I had a rifle delivered last week to my door signature required, Canada post knocked then rang the doorbell and left he package outside...lucky my daughter was home and brought the package inside. but no attempt to get a signature or anything just a knock, ring and drop! a few weeks prior I got some new binos that came signature required and they went straight to the local CP outlet for pickup...... 

#67 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:37 AM

I had a rifle delivered last week to my door signature required, Canada post knocked then rang the doorbell and left he package outside...lucky my daughter was home and brought the package inside. but no attempt to get a signature or anything just a knock, ring and drop! a few weeks prior I got some new binos that came signature required and they went straight to the local CP outlet for pickup...... 

They are not to leave anything since May 2020 that requires a signature. Wonder of true canada post employee or a contractor for them

My guys have both been contractors driving canada posts vans since november

Cheers

#68 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9420 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:13 PM

So what are you saying about me and my bud Kevin angry.png

biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

bdwpHah.jpg

Joe...That must be when we were much younger and in better shape !

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#69 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:15 PM

Joe...That must be when we were much younger and in better shape !

and lighter laugh.png laugh.png

#70 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 February 2021 - 05:09 PM

IF I KNOW, roughly when I'm gonna have a chowder...I always try to have some lobster 3 or 4 days before. I save all my claws. knuckles and tail shells....fill 2 large freezer bags with em...put em in the fridge...then I boil em in 2 gallons of water along with 2 diced up med onions for about an hour....I then drain thru a sieve to clear out the fat and possible shell pcs...that becomes the best base possible for a great seafood chowda !

Well Kevin the chowder was great.smile.png  The lobster was like rubber and hurt my head sad.png

Yep mama says this morning where is the lobster. Dam I said still in the freezer sorry

Off I go to the basement and three freezers down there filled to the top so four clothes baskets later and at the bottom of no. 1 where I put it no lobster

so I bellow Woman did you move that lobster oh sorry it is in the back one

One basket in there is the lobster and what is this a zip lock bag and envelope and holy F'k 925 bucks in it

Yee haw I must have forget it there when selling and didnot put it in the bank. Dam I will have to split it OH well

Up the stairs I go into the kitchen hand over the lobster and say I found some money also and don't worry I will split it with you

She takes one look and womp hits me with the lobster on the head  and says I guess the f'k you will split my money

Cannot have anything here and you find it .That is MY STASH 

Cannot win sad.png

#71 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 05:25 PM

This is a new one to me.  Tracing an item by tracking, and it says delivery was attempted at 8:30 AM and notice left.  Only 12 minutes earlier the tracing status says processed at plant.  I was home, near the door, and neither myself nor our dog that can spot that hi-vis vest on the mailman at 300 yards, saw anyone.

I started a chat with the Canada Post web site to complain this is BS.  They said that since March 2020, when a signature is required, there is no delivery attempt - it goes straight to the pick up place.  But I said there was no notice left.  While I'm on the chat, I see the mailman approaching and the dog raised the intruder approaching alarm.  The delivery notice arrived by the mailman, about an hour and a half after the tracking info said it was left at the door.

The basic problem is the web site status information has not been changed to show how it now works since March 2020 due to eliminating signatures at the door.

Just terrible service. I sat home one day waiting for a delivery. Nothing showed yet there tracking said it was out for delivery twice, nothing came to my house, no one visited. Before closing I went to the CP office and it was sitting there. This was after almost a month of no tracking info whats so ever on there website. I avoid them.

#72 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 February 2021 - 05:34 PM

There is a simple solution. Stop looking at the tracking

Remember what it was like before computers

Just be patient and wait until it comeswacko.png

3etrHTN.jpg

#73 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:01 PM

There is a simple solution. Stop looking at the tracking

Remember what it was like before computers

Just be patient and wait until it comeswacko.png

3etrHTN.jpg

Tracking seems to work for other delivery people? Why in the name of god would I pay to have it shipped quickly when it travels slower than slow. Give folks the money back.

#74 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:49 PM

What I don't understand is my last few orders in the US were delivered the week I placed the orders? So how are US companies that friggin fast during a pandemic?

I know, I ordered parts and a few other things from Brownells and they came 7 bussiness days. make one wonder, not to mention their tracking system, get follow ups 2-3 times a day. too bad CP wouldn't learn something from them.

#75 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:53 PM

Just terrible service. I sat home one day waiting for a delivery. Nothing showed yet there tracking said it was out for delivery twice, nothing came to my house, no one visited. Before closing I went to the CP office and it was sitting there. This was after almost a month of no tracking info whats so ever on there website. I avoid them.

I had an item shipped today at 4:14 from Langly BC with the tracking number, checked it twice so far just to be sure,,,lol

might be here later on next week.

#76 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:16 AM

Tracking seems to work for other delivery people? Why in the name of god would I pay to have it shipped quickly when it travels slower than slow. Give folks the money back.

Your picture , name and address is posted at every canada post location across the country now after the beating you gave them and you wonder why you get no servicelaugh.png laugh.png

#77 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 11:54 AM

Your picture , name and address is posted at every canada post location across the country now after the beating you gave them and you wonder why you get no servicelaugh.png laugh.png

I avoid them like CBC. People like Trudeau blame everything on the pandemic. There service sucked years before that. I remember two years ago sending a rifle to Digby. I had to pay double to first send it to Halifax, then back to Greenwood, then to Digby. Just insane. I believe it took a whole week. We have an office here like kackling hens. Big wages, only on person manning the front counter. I don't know how many people have there packages pass there house as many as three times, then it disappears for a week or so. They have priced themselves almost out of business. If I brought a machine part to get measured at a shop, they would not do the measuring that now takes place at CP. I have a problem when I pay for expedited service and don't get it, its my money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users