Criminals Are The Problem...not Hunters - Page 2 - Rifle/Guns - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

Criminals Are The Problem...not Hunters

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:15 PM

I have a problem with the government banning anything that isn’t harmful when used properly.

Agree 100% 3D

Cheers

#22 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 21 November 2020 - 01:20 PM

So what's the solution?  THAT'S what our gun orgs should be doing. 

It's easy to point out why something won't work, why isn't our gun lobby proposing things that will work?  

I assume all gun owners are united with non gun owners in the desire to end gun violence.   So why don't our organizations put together a plan that will work and work to get it implemented?   Are we just a bunch of complainers?  ;-)

I have never heard of an idea to tackle the actual problem from a gun org ever.

They are worried about things like:
- Reversing the gun ban (won't help).
- 22 Ruger mags (won't help)

- choke / barrel sizes (won't help)

etc

Of course I am on board with all of that, but that just benefits gun owners, no one but us cares.  If we want public support we need to put forth a plan that will work and incorporate the things we want as part of it (that's how politics works).   

Any party would LOVE to partner with gun owners on a solution that would work - it's a win win!

So, why don't gun orgs do that?

Instead all I hear is *****, whine, sook.

#23 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 21 November 2020 - 01:49 PM

Why should gun orgs have to ASK the fckin cops to to their jobs and arrest the ones committing the crimes and doing all the shooting ???

Not one of the Thieves, punks, motorcycle gangs, pimps,..gang bangers...druggies,...dentists....have anything to lose in these gun bans...NONE of em !!!

They have nothing vested either ! Not like millions of shooting enthusiasts nation wide!

You never ever heard of an idea to tackle the actual problem ??..really ?? Time to pull your head out buddy

How bout his one...more enforcement...actually going after the systemic problems with the dope dealers and gangs...they're 99% of the daily gun violence problems  !! That's who they need be putting more enforcement $$ into stopping,  not targeting legally owned and properly stored firearms and their owners...ffs

How many new cops could be hired for the billions they want to squander on their political gun ban agendas ?

annnd politics......politics only works for those elected and the rest of the frikken thieves who they call friends they put in office. Their biggest worry is who's gonna get the best kick backs from contracts between them. ! 

You really think its all just whine and sook by the legit gun owners Rob ?? That's how you see it ?? wow..

...sounds to me like you already have us gun owners all stereo typed...the same way as the tree hugging, anti-vaxing,, anti-gun, pet walking, double daddy...two mommy, earth saving radical activists see us ! Too bad

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#24 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:53 PM

Why should gun orgs have to ASK the fckin cops to to their jobs and arrest the ones committing the crimes and doing all the shooting ???

Not one of the Thieves, punks, motorcycle gangs, pimps,..gang bangers...druggies,...dentists....have anything to lose in these gun bans...NONE of em !!!

They have nothing vested either ! Not like millions of shooting enthusiasts nation wide!

You never ever heard of an idea to tackle the actual problem ??..really ?? Time to pull your head out buddy

How bout his one...more enforcement...actually going after the systemic problems with the dope dealers and gangs...they're 99% of the daily gun violence problems  !! That's who they need be putting more enforcement $$ into stopping,  not targeting legally owned and properly stored firearms and their owners...ffs

How many new cops could be hired for the billions they want to squander on their political gun ban agendas ?

annnd politics......politics only works for those elected and the rest of the frikken thieves who they call friends they put in office. Their biggest worry is who's gonna get the best kick backs from contracts between them. ! 

You really think its all just whine and sook by the legit gun owners Rob ?? That's how you see it ?? wow..

...sounds to me like you already have us gun owners all stereo typed...the same way as the tree hugging, anti-vaxing,, anti-gun, pet walking, double daddy...two mommy, earth saving radical activists see us ! Too bad

:-)  Take a blue pill.  :-)

I didn't say gun owners, I said gun organizations.  Calm down and re-read my org post.   All directed to incompanant gun orgs, not gun owners.

And no, I have never heard an actual plan put forth by one of them.   If it exists I'd love to see / read it.   

You think we disagree, we don't.  I totally agree with you, you just missed my point.  My point was, our gun orgs have never put together a complete plan (or even an incomplete plan) with ideas such as the ones you outlined and worked with the ruling party in a collaborative way.   Much like you are not working with me.  Not everything / everyone is an enemy Kevin, I'm on your side.  I just want the gun orgs to do something (anything...?)   All I've seen in the last few decades is complaining about what other people are doing.  Their job is to bring our ideas forward - they are not.

I do walk my dog often.  Is that a problem?  I also like trees - you don't?  ;-)

That's twice this year you've gone off on me.   This is twice I've responded nicely.   As the only mod left - please treat your few remaining members with respect.  :-)

Rob

#25 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:27 PM

:-)  Take a blue pill.  :-)

last thing I need right now is a friggen woody too...lol

I didn't say gun owners, I said gun organizations.  Calm down and re-read my org post.   All directed to incompanant gun orgs, not gun owners.

My opening line said gun orgs...not gun owners. but by the same token, aren't gun orgs made up of gun owners ?  One big issue is some of the chosen elected officials of said groups never seem to want to carry their members ideas forward. They have certain bed fellows who have their own agendas which are deemed more esthetically pleasing to the John Q Public.

And no, I have never heard an actual plan put forth by one of them.   If it exists I'd love to see / read it.   

No plan needed...MORE ENFOECEMENT...do their jobs !

NFA, CCFR, CSSA all have made some great and valid points about increasing the enforcement by the government. Keeps falling on deaf ears in MHO...also.. Never heard much about the gub'ments results of the millions put into extra police task force on gang violence in the metro TO area a short while back. It was supposed to end in Oct...wonder how that went ?

You think we disagree, we don't.  I totally agree with you, you just missed my point.  My point was, our gun orgs have never put together a complete plan (or even an incomplete plan) with ideas such as the ones you outlined and worked with the ruling party in a collaborative way.  

Again...I reiterate..Why should gun orgs have to ASK the frikken cops to to their jobs and arrest the ones committing the crimes and doing all the shooting ???

Much like you are not working with me.  Not everything / everyone is an enemy Kevin, I'm on your side.  I just want the gun orgs to do something (anything...?)   

Don't expect anything provincially..we as a province of united hunters, represented by our "NSFAH"  suck ! Their agendas don't represent us as much as the scholastic bedroom conservancies they hang with. I just get sick of reading peoples negative posts about gun orgs (made up of gun owners)

All I've seen in the last few decades is complaining about what other people are doing.  Their job is to bring our ideas forward - they are not.

No...and they never will ! Not if it will benefit the hunting or trapping members of the province. I used to belong to the NSFAH a long time ago...it was a bad place to be if you were outspoken. That "old boys club" wasn't for me..as you can plainly see,  I am outspoken sometimes..too much at other times !

I do walk my dog often.  Is that a problem?  I also like trees - you don't?  ;-)

Nope...no problem at all ..kudos for walking your dog. Do you pick up all their crap ? I'm assuming so.. Lots that don't do it tho, and still, there's lots that do bother to take the time to pick it up, but then,  leave it in their vibrant, beautiful,  little treat bags parked all along the roadsides for everyone to admire. Sad for the good ones to be lumped in with those other slob pet owners.

..and yessss...I love trees !!!  I drove more than 1300 kms in Octember just to admire them,.... and I have yet,  to own an artificial Christmas tree.

That's twice this year you've gone off on me.  

I believe I did apologize the first time (about your forgetting the decimal point in your reloading formulas)...I should have given you the benefit of the doubt at that time and let you fix it, and not assumed ( I hope my assume above is warranted) as a side note, no one on here has ever seen me or heard me go really off ...so, in any case, if I'm wrong or you missed it...sorry again !

I am a member of several "gun orgs" all made up of gun owners, and I do do my best to keep youth involved in the shooting community. In whatever small way I can, every chance I get. Not all are hunters, some I hope will be, some just want to kill paper...fine by me, they still garner my support. 
       So you did hit a nerve, and I tend to take it too personally when I get lumped in with all the whiners and bit*hers and sooks about never doing anything productive for the shooting community (just like being lumped in with all the non chit picker uppers)

This is twice I've responded nicely.  THANKS...I appreciate it ! 

As the only mod left - please treat your few remaining members with respect.  :-)

I do try to Rob, believe me I do....but my passion for some things and my aggressiveness for other things tends to make me pop the clutch on my yap sometimes !! More emergency brake may need to be applied first.  hope you see where I'm coming from too... ..Sorry dude.

Rob :-)

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#26 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5739 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:01 PM

Sorry Kevin but that’s not completely accurate.
The cops do do their job for the most part but the system lets them down with things like free on bail off on technicalities, sentences too short,parole.... and the list goes on. Too GD many bleeding hearts in the world today.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#27 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5739 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:11 PM

So what's the solution? THAT'S what our gun orgs should be doing.
It's easy to point out why something won't work, why isn't our gun lobby proposing things that will work?
I assume all gun owners are united with non gun owners in the desire to end gun violence. So why don't our organizations put together a plan that will work and work to get it implemented? Are we just a bunch of complainers? ;-)
I have never heard of an idea to tackle the actual problem from a gun org ever.
They are worried about things like:
- Reversing the gun ban (won't help).
- 22 Ruger mags (won't help)
- choke / barrel sizes (won't help)
etc

Of course I am on board with all of that, but that just benefits gun owners, no one but us cares. If we want public support we need to put forth a plan that will work and incorporate the things we want as part of it (that's how politics works).
Any party would LOVE to partner with gun owners on a solution that would work - it's a win win!
So, why don't gun orgs do that?

Instead all I hear is *****, whine, sook.

The solution is very simple but too “vote costly” for our politicians.
Old TV show - don’t do the crime if ya can’t do the time.
We have to tell the tree hugging bleeding hearts to GFY! Stiffer sentences for violent crime up to and including death; YES BRING BACK THE DEATH SENTENCE! Long term prison sentences NO PAROLE and send them to a real prison which doesn’t cost the tax payers $150,000 a yr to keep one inmate. Feed them slop no tv etc etc. People seem to forget ( including our judges ) these people are deemed unfit to live free in society! So why treat them so good and give them so much while incarcerated.
THE PUNISHMENT MUST BE ENOUGH TO DETER PEOPLE FROM COMMITTING A CRIME
HAND EM HAND EM HIGH !!!!!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#28 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:25 PM

My opening line said gun orgs...not gun owners. but by the same token, aren't gun orgs made up of gun owners ? 

Following that logic, the Liberal Government represents all Canadians so aren't all Canadians Liberals?

One big issue is some of the chosen elected officials of said groups never seem to want to carry their members ideas forward. They have certain bed fellows who have their own agendas which are deemed more esthetically pleasing to the John Q Public.

See?  I told you we agreed.   I am honestly not sure why you are arguing with me, you said the same things I did in a different way.  :-)

No plan needed...MORE ENFOECEMENT...do their jobs !

That's part of it for sure, but there are other parts.   How do you flag a legal gun owner who might be in need of a review?  How do you reduce stolen legal guns?  What to do about the border issues?   

Enforcement hasn't worked by itself for anything ever - drugs, prostituations, shoplifting, etc etc etc.  To say that one thing will fix a complicated problem in the 2nd biggest country in the world living next to the country overflowing with guns isn't going to fly with the majority of people who don't own guns.  

If gun owners (you don't like me mentioning orgs tongue.png
 ) came up with a plan and worked with the gov't of the day on messaging the public would start to see us as part of the solution instead of part of the problem.  We have a perception issue with the non-gun-owners today.

Never heard much about the gub'ments results of the millions put into extra police task force on gang violence in the metro TO area a short while back. It was supposed to end in Oct...wonder how that went ?

Probably made no difference - Enforcement by itself rarely does.

Again...I reiterate..Why should gun orgs have to ASK the frikken cops to to their jobs and arrest the ones committing the crimes and doing all the shooting ???

Because that's too late.  The shooting is done then.  The whole point is to work to prevent it.   

Don't expect anything provincially..we as a province of united hunters, represented by our "NSFAH"  suck ! Their agendas don't represent us as much as the scholastic bedroom conservancies they hang with. I just get sick of reading peoples negative posts about gun orgs (made up of gun owners)

????  You just bashed the NSFAH and then said you are sick of people bashing them?  Are you arguing with me or yourself?  ;-)

No...and they never will ! Not if it will benefit the hunting or trapping members of the province. I used to belong to the NSFAH a long time ago...it was a bad place to be if you were outspoken. That "old boys club" wasn't for me..as you can plainly see,  I am outspoken sometimes..too much at other times !

Again, we are totally agreeing.   I am more and more confused as to why you are arguing with me.  :-)

Nope...no problem at all ..kudos for walking your dog. Do you pick up all their crap ? I'm assuming so.. Lots that don't do it tho, and still, there's lots that do bother to take the time to pick it up, but then,  leave it in their vibrant, beautiful,  little treat bags parked all along the roadsides for everyone to admire. Sad for the good ones to be lumped in with those other slob pet owners.

I don't in the woods - I do on the rd.   Does that meet with your approval?  ;-)

..and yessss...I love trees !!!  I drove more than 1300 kms in Octember just to admire them,.... and I have yet,  to own an artificial Christmas tree.

Tree hugger.  ;-) 

any case, if I'm wrong or you missed it...sorry again !

That's great, but why not just enter into a dialogue with me instead of ripping me a new one?  If we disagree on a point it doesn't make me into an enemy.   To think that everyone has to have the exact same opinions of you is going to result in disappointment.  As seen with your NSFAH comments above, you don't even agree with yourself at times.  ;-)   Discuss, don't attack.   I love chatting with people with different opinions, it's the only way I might change mine.  I don't care for being told off for no reason.

So you did hit a nerve, and I tend to take it too personally when I get lumped in with all the whiners and bit*hers and sooks about never doing anything productive for the shooting community (just like being lumped in with all the non chit picker uppers)

If someone said dog **** on the road is a problem, I wouldn't be insulted, I would agree.  It doesn't mean I do leave it there.   Same thing, if I say Gun Orgs only complain, you can agree or disagree.  It doesn't mean i said "You Kevenin are doing nothing" any more than the fack dogs **** on ball fields (a local issue as you know) menas "Rob lets his dog **** on ball fields".  Don't read personal attacks into a general comment.  If I want to ***** about you I will, I'm not shy any more than you are.  :-)

I do try to Rob, believe me I do....but my passion for some things and my aggressiveness for other things tends to make me pop the clutch on my yap sometimes !! More emergency brake may need to be applied first.  hope you see where I'm coming from too... ..Sorry dude.

All good, I am only pointing it out in an effort to keep the board going in a positive direction!  :-)

#29 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:29 PM

Christ Boys. Normally it is Kevin saying this to MEtongue.png

Time for some love here

mKiiiAU.jpg

#30 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:11 PM

ohhhh yeahhhh..lots of love wink.png wink.png Joe

annd btw, no, the libtards do NOT represent me, nor is the nsfah a gun org.

#31 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2826 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:29 PM

At least I'm not in the middle of this one , this time round. Oh well back to the shadows
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#32 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:30 PM

At least I'm not in the middle of this one , this time round. Oh well back to the shadows

laugh.png laugh.png

Yes a first for both of us

Take care

#33 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:34 AM

Just a minor disagreement.  :-)

#34 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:12 AM

Sitting on the outside for a change and watching laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png actually feels strange tongue.png

LuL9HK5.jpg

#35 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:04 AM

Sitting on the outside for a change and watching laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png actually feels strange tongue.png

....sitting "on the outside" and can't stand it, just keep poking at things until you are involved.   tongue.png 

Quick!  Someone start a thread about how the Conservatives killed the gun registry so Joe feels included!

#36 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:09 PM

....sitting "on the outside" and can't stand it, just keep poking at things until you are involved.   tongue.png 

Quick!  Someone start a thread about how the Conservatives killed the gun registry so Joe feels included!

Nope I learned my lesson fighting with Kevin last time he doesn't fight fair. angry.png I might be as big a bear and light on my feet laugh.png but he can move in that old fishing raingear :(

#37 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1753 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:57 PM

Nope I learned my lesson fighting with Kevin last time he doesn't fight fair. angry.png I might be as big a bear and light on my feet laugh.png but he can move in that old fishing raingear sad.png

I see the quarantine has you "sitting on a chair - growing out your hair" playing on the keyboard but keeping this site going so it ain't all bad ole boy.  Heading out for another experience of watching deer. Lots of deer but targeting another big fella. 

Chuck Meade has a song for you ..... enjoy!

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#38 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:56 PM

I see the quarantine has you "sitting on a chair - growing out your hair" playing on the keyboard but keeping this site going so it ain't all bad ole boy.  Heading out for another experience of watching deer. Lots of deer but targeting another big fella. 

Chuck Meade has a song for you ..... enjoy!

Good luck with the big guy

Deer hunting I always seen as very relaxing but boring over the years growing up especially when we could shoot does  .

Wait for opening day, go behind the house, get in the ground blind by the apple trees and finish normally day 1 to day 3

Goose hunting is what cranked me up and if I had the health and doctors permission to do so I still would be spending a plie of time doing it especially back in PEI

Do I miss it yes but  I have found many other items to take my time closer to home. No choice

Superslicky was down a few weeks ago and I shared some of what I was up to before the snow flys

Far from sitting in a chair ands growing hair  IMO and if I could walk better and shake this painful now four week run of gout I have sad.png my current key board time would would drop significantly. I get maybe 4/5 hours a day now working and cannot walk after and nothing the old doc has given so far has stopped it sad.png

Getting old sucks big time

Cheers 

What do you think Kevin I think chuck looks a bit like Tim biggrin.png biggrin.png  

#39 labradort

labradort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:00 PM

One of the solutions would require conflict with native land.  Cornwall Island sits between two border check points.

https://www.google.c...l=en&authuser=0

If you think about it, it's clear how that can be easily used to smuggle in anything.  Just have 2 cars that make 1/2 the trip across the border, even days apart with a stash point somewhere on the island.  Reality is police are not going to touch Akwesasne Reserve with a 1 KM foot pole.  If you google "cornwall smuggling guns" there are lots of stories of people getting caught, further down on the 401.  How many don't get caught?  Ten times as many?  One hundred times as many?   It's same as cigarette smuggling.

Another aspect of "gun violence" is the relationship to taking away gangs' income from cannabis sales.  What did the government think they would do, quit drug sales and get a job?  Instead, the gangs sought bigger territory, and turf wars broke out in the cities.  Legalizing marijuana lead to innocent people being killed by stray bullets or random acts of claiming turf in Toronto.  This was reported in a CSSA newsletter.

The government sets up half the problems.  I don't see why it's up to gun rights organizations to steer this dumpster fire of a government.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users