Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:10 AM

Did I hear buy back?? going to happen

Be like the past times as I have been saying

Zero compensation, hand them in for free ( as some will do in fact have already )  and grandfathering

Which sucks this time for me

Could be wrong but as one comment says and I agree

Fourth, throw their hands in the air, give everyone a 12(9) licence and call it a day.

Cheers

https://calibremag.c...uyback-program/

#2 kettlesd

kettlesd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationPorters Lake NS

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:26 AM

No surprise there. No one would want to go near that mess.

Gunsmith, Chef, Pilot, Shooter & Hunter........

#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:12 AM

No surprise there. No one would want to go near that mess.

Agree. But I am disappointed . This time yes with Ar's rotting I could use the cash instead

I did that grandfathered thing and all it proved to be is a form of pure torture cleaning guns and keeping locked up in a safe that you cannot even take outside for what

The days of principal are gone for me since they will eventually end up as rebar when I die regardless if now or later

Cheers

#4 kettlesd

kettlesd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationPorters Lake NS

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:05 PM

Agree. But I am disappointed . This time yes with Ar's rotting I could use the cash instead
I did that grandfathered thing and all it proved to be is a form of pure torture cleaning guns and keeping locked up in a safe that you cannot even take outside for what
The days of principal are gone for me since they will eventually end up as rebar when I die regardless if now or later
Cheers

Yessir. Grandfathering is nothing but delayed confiscation, gussied up under a nicer name. Lipstick on a pig.

Under grandfathering, no-one wins. The guns would still be out there (pissing off the anti-gun folks), and they're useless safe-queens (pissing of the owners).

Gunsmith, Chef, Pilot, Shooter & Hunter........

#5 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:06 PM

Yessir. Grandfathering is nothing but delayed confiscation, gussied up under a nicer name. Lipstick on a pig.

Under grandfathering, no-one wins. The guns would still be out there (pissing off the anti-gun folks), and they're useless safe-queens (pissing of the owners).

Exactly

Cheers

#6 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:03 PM

I would never willingly turn my guns in. When I close my eyes for the last time ... I could care less what happens to them ... but until that happens ... that POS will not get his hands on them.

#7 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:08 AM

I would never willingly turn my guns in. When I close my eyes for the last time ... I could care less what happens to them ... but until that happens ... that POS will not get his hands on them.

Don't worry they won't come for them this time

If they know you have one of the banned models and it is not passed it they will just cancel your PAL or RPAL and your hunting and shooting days are over with firearms ( that is the latest approach being talked about and makes sense ) 

Then you can look at them and keep them clean and locked up in the gun safe in the dark as useless pieces of iron until you die and then they will get them and make rebar out of them eventually regardless what you did prior

Sorry but I have been there twice in fact and going there again it seems  with grandfathering BS which is why it is money for me this time and I have realized the days of doing it for principal are long gone and now stupid to do what I did years ago 

Problem is this time AR's cannot be sent state side to my brother so they are pure rebar

There is no win here for us and never will be IMO  . Once banned they don't ever become unbanned PC government or not

I also remember a few cases here with guys years ago  that once the old letters started to come best not let the mrs see them since some have called police and returned the husbands banned  guns they were looking for when he was away working especially when they are pissed at you for god knows what reason. That happens more than we know

That one word "Prohibited" scares the crap out of many and they don't want them in the house any more or you getting changed / jailed they figure so off they go

Mine never said a word over the 40 plus years we have been together( hates all guns by the way )  but this time says do you have any of those guns they just banned . I said yes just one or two sad.png.

Figured you would. Well I hope you are not keeping them are you and they better not be in this house ( which they never were since I don't store my restricted here never have since the Liberty vault is too dam heavy to get in the basement sad.png  )  

Nope I said not this time no grandfathering for me any more , too old to watch more rot away . Just waiting to see what I have to do and what options I have and dreaming about fair compensation which I don't think will ever get anywhere

In the end it is truly to each their own what they do since you paid for them and they are yours for now so if that is your stance cool and I hope you get the opportunity to hold yours tight so they have trouble getting them out of your cold dead hands some day

Plus that is only if you own something that was banned and never originally designed for hunting. They will live on after you and I are dead regardless what some think

Only thunderstick  tongue.png wants levers not Justin 

Cheers

#8 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:43 AM

There are a lot of guns on that banned list that aren’t restricted ... so they have no clue who has them. All but a couple of my guns never see daylight as it is now, so if I take the banned ones out of the safe just to look at them ... no big deal. All of my guns will get passed down when I die ... and like I said ... I don’t care what happens to them when I shut my eyes for the last time.  The direction the world is headed in, I would sooner have a safe full of “banned” guns ... than a safe full of hockey sticks. Bottom line ... if the government doesn’t know I have them ... they will never get them. People with restricted and prohibited guns now that are on that list ... they are the ones that will lose. 

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:51 AM

There are a lot of guns on that banned list that aren’t restricted ... so they have no clue who has them. All but a couple of my guns never see daylight as it is now, so if I take the banned ones out of the safe just to look at them ... no big deal. All of my guns will get passed down when I die ... and like I said ... I don’t care what happens to them when I shut my eyes for the last time.  The direction the world is headed in, I would sooner have a safe full of “banned” guns ... than a safe full of hockey sticks. Bottom line ... if the government doesn’t know I have them ... they will never get them. People with restricted and prohibited guns now that are on that list ... they are the ones that will lose. 

If you ever registered them with the LGR they will know you have them since those records are not gone like some think or if they were bought NEW by you there is records

Buying them new  is how they got a lot of the last ones not restricted. The gun shops have to keep lists of what they sell and to who 

Like I said to each their own. They are yours to do as you please but don't assume you won't get a letter if you own one on that list and these will only be passed down to a smelting plant sad.png

Not to mention the way the world is today if someone sees it or knows you have it the next thing you will know they will be yacking about it on facebook for F'k sakes

Cheers

#10 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:47 AM

If you ever registered them with the LGR they will know you have them since those records are not gone like some think 

I thought you fought against tin foil hat theories....?   ;-)

#11 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:34 AM

I thought you fought against tin foil hat theories....?   ;-)

It is not tin foil. Where do you think Quebec got their data to start their registry as one and two many cops ran paper copies of what was in their areas while the data was available

I have seen those with my own eyes after the so called data was all destroyed

Not to mention I got a call on a non restricted browning some years after it was closed that I sold on nutz and apparently was used in a crime in Ontario

How  else did the rcmp know I bought that gun new and to call me

Cheers

AND in 2017

https://torontosun.c...e-to-destroy-it

#12 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:56 PM

It is not tin foil. Where do you think Quebec got their data to start their registry as one and two many cops ran paper copies of what was in their areas while the data was available

I have seen those with my own eyes after the so called data was all destroyed

Not to mention I got a call on a non restricted browning some years after it was closed that I sold on nutz and apparently was used in a crime in Ontario

How  else did the rcmp know I bought that gun new and to call me

Cheers

AND in 2017

https://torontosun.c...e-to-destroy-it

The Qu stuff was never allowed to be deleted - that decision was well before the rest was ordered destroyed.

As for the rest, I officially award you your hat - you are now one of those "who knows something the rest of us don't"  ;-)

137029666-tin-foil-hat-isolated-on-white

#13 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 November 2020 - 01:33 PM

The Qu stuff was never allowed to be deleted - that decision was well before the rest was ordered destroyed.

As for the rest, I officially award you your hat - you are now one of those "who knows something the rest of us don't"  ;-)

NO it wasn't Did you read the 2017 link. Believe what you like but read again. 

The rcmp kept a full copy also which has NEVER been proven to be deleted to this day and proven to exist in 2015

Yes sir deleted in 2012 but it was magic and they still had a full copy in 2015

Come on  

And here is another one for you when I asked a connected person who worked at the  firearms center why the rcmp still had my non registered data 5 years after it was deleted and here is what she said ( and yes she was a family member talking offline )

Did you have restricted firearms them 

YEP

Well off record there is a link still and one can see what your non registered status was at the closing of the registry from the current active registered link

Ya it is all gone and I believe in santa also

“Under the previous administration, a complete copy of Canadian Firearms Information System (CFIS) from April 3, 2015 was maintained by the RCMP in a secure location due to an investigation by the Information Commissioner into an Access to Information request received in March 2012,” Bardsley said.

Cheers

May 5, 2012 - C-19, the Ending the Long-gun Registry Act, receives Royal Assent and becomes law 

October 26-31, 2012 - all of the long-gun registry data outside of Quebec is deleted by the RCMP

March 27, 2015 - The Supreme Court rules that Quebec has no legal right to the registry data and Parliament can have it deleted

April 3, 2015 - RCMP make a full backup of all data in the Canadian Firearms Information System including the Quebec portion of the registry

April 10-12, 2015 - RCMP deletes the Quebec portion of the registry but not backup they have placed on a hard drive

October 19, 2015 - Justin Trudeau and the Liberals replace Stephen Harper and the Conservatives after winning the election

June 9, 2017 - Liberal introduce bill C-52 offering Quebec the registry data, despite their election promise not to start a new gun registry 

#14 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:19 AM

Let's reflect.

- Two people had an argument that did not involve you at all.

- You stood at the edge of the argument and waved your arms and complained that you were not involved.

- I made a joke about it.

- You managed to turned the entire thing into yet another "Look at me!" moment.

You don't have to argue with everyone about everything.  Really, you don't. 

You can add a lot to the group without constantly fighting.  Not every thread has to be focused on you.  Some you can just read - try it.  I do with lots of them.  I read all of the threads and comment on a few.  I stopped commenting on threads that I knew I would end up in a fight about - sometimes my strategy to avoid fights fails but for the most part it works.

Now, in an effort to find your off button:

You are right - I am wrong
You know everything, I know nothing
You are smart, I am dumb
You are good looking, I am ugly
You are right about everything.

tongue.png tongue.png   Have a good day my overly argumentative friend!

#15 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 December 2020 - 11:10 AM

Let's reflect.

- You stood at the edge of the argument and waved your arms and complained that you were not involved.

You can add a lot to the group without constantly fighting.  Not every thread has to be focused on you.  Some you can just read - try it.  I do with lots of them.  I read all of the threads and comment on a few.  I stopped commenting on threads that I knew I would end up in a fight about - sometimes my strategy to avoid fights fails but for the most part it works.

You are smart, I am dumb
You are right about everything.

tongue.png tongue.png   Have a good day my overly argumentative friend!

Well since YOU are stirring the POT which seems I am the only one here that does that. LETS REFLECT

No not really Dude not what I said nor did I get involved or complain that I wasn't. Then again you do have selective reading proved that yesterday over the long gun registry above

Sorry so now you are ticked that I shared what really happened , corrected you and didnot agree with what  you said.

So that is a bad thing 

I touched a nerve with your Kevin moment did I  which by the way I agreed with him 100% but did I chime against YOU  NOPE. You are just grasping for a case it seems to make your story more believable . Humm that sounds familiar

Yes I did try to make light of what was going on After walter COMMENTED FIRST and I commented to his comment but it was not to make it into a ME moment and both of us only joked about it

And when have I ever said any of those other things about anyone here. Constantly saying I am ugly AND WRONG many times a day every day. Smart ?? well always scored over 130 in IQ tests ( had last one in may 2000. US Job requirement ) and average is 115 max so not real dumb

If I have offended you it was not my intent and I apologize

What is wrong with you guys that any key board crap on the internet that is said upsets you . There is tougher skins on better home and garden sites. This stuff means nothing and so many times it is misunderstood as written

By the way it is not your place to tell me or anyone here what to read and respond to and regardless what you think many I do just read since I have nothing to offer or experience with what is being discussed

Being a TYPE A personality  there is ONLY RIGHT and WRONG no gray areas not to mention being 1/2 YANK

In my past gray areas killed people and most of my traits cannot be changed and yes can be deemed negative in some environments but also in demand in many particularly more dangerous management positions which seemed to be the course of at lot of my career.

Yes every personality profile I have ever been subjected to said I should be first a COP or an engineer so no shock I spend so many years in the engineering field

I know this A type can cause problems with my communication to some  others do you know yoursrolleyes.gif sure not A

Type A For some people, the term applies to rude and impatient people. Others see workaholics as Type A. Many see competitiveness as the main characteristic. 

Here being the big one for me and full details below

Competitiveness

People with Type A behavior need to win at everything, from work to relationships, even if these activities aren't inherently competitive.

I have tried to change after retirement  since this strength is no longer required in my PATHETIC  cool.png life but too late now and funny they mention . Garden?? which by the way I HATE doing but love my pets  or

Hypertension.

Yep still have the highest blood pressure ever recorded at glace bay general and still talking and walking when being taken 260 over 160

Sorry but I am what I am and too old to change and for what to be seen as a nicer key board warrior HERE??

https://www.verywell...-traits-3145240

Cheers

#16 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5739 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:51 PM

Let's reflect.

You are smart, I am dumb
You are right about everything.:P :P   Have a good day my overly argumentative friend!

Are you actually ugly ? Fear not my friend I’m am tuff and strong but unfortunately being tuff to look at and having strong B O does me no good!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#17 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:58 PM

Are you actually ugly ? Fear not my friend I’m am tuff and strong but unfortunately being tuff to look at and having strong B O does me no good!

Wasn't when I was young but sure am now sad.png . All started with the brush cut being my go to hair cut wacko.png

#18 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5739 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:04 PM

JOE - you are constantly calling others on this site stupid etc. Don’t know if you realize it or not but it gets taken that way. You constantly tell us HOW SMART YOU ARE - we don’t care! Often times you told others you didn’t believe something they posted.
Debating ( internet or not ) should not include name calling and degrading others ( politicians not included! )
Not everyone is A type and not everyone is aggressive unlike you and myself many people don’t want confrontation and will choose to “walk away” instead of arguing, in this case they stop posting.

ps.- As far as IQ goes- I scored a lot higher!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#19 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5739 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:05 PM

Wasn't when I was young but sure am now :( . All started with the brush cut being my go to hair cut :wacko:

Sorry but that was not intended for you it was for joyrider.

#20 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:28 PM

JOE - you are constantly calling others on this site stupid etc. Don’t know if you realize it or not but it gets taken that way. You constantly tell us HOW SMART YOU ARE - we don’t care! Often times you told others you didn’t believe something they posted.
Debating ( internet or not ) should not include name calling and degrading others ( politicians not included! )
Not everyone is A type and not everyone is aggressive unlike you and myself many people don’t want confrontation and will choose to “walk away” instead of arguing, in this case they stop posting.

ps.- As far as IQ goes- I scored a lot higher!

You make a post like this and don't want confrontation?? Priceless What do you expect a kiss

WHO 3D have I ever specifically called stupid. GIVE me the names 3D .YOU can't I KNOW THAT 100%. It is something I NEVER do. NEVER have since in my career that would get me fired even if done once so that mind set has not left me

I cannot help what people take away or interpret from any words that are said and stop picking up for your bud walking away is for kinder garden not adults/ full grown men

SAYING it and taking it that way are two totally different things

Yes many many many times I have said I don't believe some posts ( like maybe the virus is NOT just another flu ) and WTF is wrong with that. I also will most times come back with data to show why I believe what I do and have a different opinion

See 3D I don't hide in the weeds or go with the flow here and be a yes man and not scared to say wait now I don't agree ( like stevie boy and the doc have done a wonderful job managing this virus here in Nova Scotia and kudos to them) Chew on that one

Also joyrider didnot stop posting we have had multiple posts between us since on different items. He doesn't run away with his ball and bat

NOW who have I ever called STUPID?? Once again cough it up

NEVER have I said how smart I was .This post from joyrider was the first time that was ever discussed and joyrider raised it and yes this time I did share an IQ test result since I am getting tired of this BS.

Just wondering who did yours 3D since I was not aware they were done for job placements or any reason in canada only the US. I did not think it was legal to even ask for someone to get one here. I know there is a general test for very specific cases normally immigrants but not really an IQ test

https://www.canada.c...st-git-320.html

Then again are you a member of MENSA canada??? That would be the only way I ever heard of it here but I don't know and have been wrong many many times. I was not smart enough to pass that ( 140 min ) and yes I was asked to take it and yes by the same US company when I moved to John Hancock out of Boston and it is no internet BS IQ test and had to be done at a university when I was involved

YOU think I care if your score  was higher many are over this one test of 130 I had and mentioned . I don't care 

I needed 100- 115 for the first job and 25 words a minute typing Yank companies this one out of plano texas do that stuff and yes I got the job . I have nothing to prove to no one anymore those days are long gone. I know what I can do, had a successful career that was cut short IMO from poor health , took real good care of my family and retired before age 50  . Want for nothing other than good health so that is good enough for me and who I care about and who cares about me in this life

NAMES Please . You crowed now back it up

You also know you bite this old dog as you did here you will get bit right back and don't want confrontation too funny

But like I have said here before many times I respect you for not running away and not taking what is said here personal since it never is

First for many years when I joined it was old KPR driving everyone away some said and now it is me you say interesting that both of us were the ones that made the most posts of all active members during our times trying to keep this place alive isn't it. You post you eventually will piss someone off or have a disagreement

There is four members now off the top of my head three since one for the 10th time this year has run away again never to return again that I normally cannot see eye to eye with many times yes you are one and guess what Like I say don't like it or ME vs running away or scared to make a post  put me on ignore and the problem is solved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users