#41 Sir William

Sir William

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationWestville, Pictou County

Posted 29 November 2020 - 04:58 PM

Shoot the same way as you Kevin for the most part. Couple calibres I shoot you have to take front hold as well or I will lose the gun during recoil. I have a strap on magnum pad to go on my shoulder for the real big stuff. When shooting the big stuff I always bring myself up to that level by shooting small calibres before.

#42 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 10:42 PM

Was out with my .22 mag today. First thing I noticed was my left hand tends to guide my stock and moves more than when I just hold with my right. I also noticed sometimes my grip is firm which makes me flinch. Need to relax a bit. I did end up being quite still. I had to modify my shooting rest a bit and that made a world of difference. I also noticed that when my rifle rest pointing a bit downward, very steady no flinch. Feels natural. Using a well positioned rest and being a bit elevated seems to help. On the bonus side I did get to experience that my ruger american 22 mag is quite accurate. I only sighted it in for 60 yards. Once sights were set, bullet holes were less than a 1/4 inch apart. Can’t complain. Today felt like progress, next at the range will be 243 and 30-30 then keep moving up. Thanks for all the input.

#43 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:27 AM

Glad to hear you are making progress

Cheers

#44 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:15 AM

good stuff !!    You can never have too much trigger time at the bench

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users