#61 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12682 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:30 AM

I thought they were over priced as well, but like you said, gun prices have sky-rocketed in the last year, so they may not be too far off. I have the complete set, except for the 36 inch barrel 12g. Don’t think they ever made a 10g. 

Nope no 10ga as you say and if minty they would be gone now. Seen a set of 84's go for 1500 on nutz last year 

I grabbed a 36" only a couple of years ago just to say I had one I think and the price was right at 150 bucks

My complete set is 84's. I only have a 410, 28 and 16 in the 840's and honestly cannot remember if duck or not. Either still have too many guns or too old to remember biggrin.png biggrin.png

#62 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12682 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:27 PM

I see they are gone

Please don't tell me your bud got 1200 for that set

Cheers

#63 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1416 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:04 PM

I didn’t take notice they weren’t there anymore. I guess if someone wants something bad enough, they will pay the price. 

#64 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12682 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:20 AM

I didn’t take notice they weren’t there anymore. I guess if someone wants something bad enough, they will pay the price. 

Man it that is true we are sitting on gold mines

What are minty sets going to sell for. My 410 is the only one I would class as not minty

Cheers

#65 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12682 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 04:33 PM

See this holy crap. This one says very good condition  I thought getting 500 for a NIB was crazy I sold too cheap In guess

Cooey Model 84 28 Gauge

$650

#66 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:19 PM

That very 28 single is not original , it belonged to my neighbor who sold it to him with out the barrel and steel spacer , that seller said no problem he had parts on hand for it , hes a flipper / low baller , want everything for free or less than $100 , lets just say he did not get those parts for free or $100 or less . Plus the receiver has high wear , the sear has issues .

I know for 1000% because i disasembled it with my neighbor and sear is very highly worn , it was sold strickly for parts only .

Another case of buyer beware on the flip side of flippers .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#67 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12682 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 05:41 PM

WOW. What is wrong with people today. Unfortunately someone may buy it without seeing it and get burned real bad

The good news is 650 is way out to lunch for this so with any luck no one will buy it especially with poorly refinished wood , Collectors won't want it and they are the ones willing to pay the most bucks

Thanks for sharing. I don't know but they say there is quite a few flippers on gun post

Take care

#68 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1416 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted Yesterday, 05:52 PM

I know 28’s are fairly rare ... but I would have to be pretty hard up to spend that kind of money for that particular gun. 

#69 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12682 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

I know 28’s are fairly rare ... but I would have to be pretty hard up to spend that kind of money for that particular gun. 

$450 is the highest I have seen a used 84 28ga go for so far and it was in excellent condition. NIB maybe 650 today I don't know. I got 500 maybe 5 years ago for one and yes left the 39.99 price tag on it sad.png

#70 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:01 PM

That particular seller burned a very good friend of mine from Glace Bay on trade deal , my buddy traded a Savage 99 lever with brass counter 250-3000 Caliber and received a Mossberg 4x4 in the mail , not what was discussed as per trade .

The guy who sold the parts as parts only ! Was highly advised NOT to sell to him as other more reputable buyers were lined up to take those parts as parts only .

Sorry to high jack the thread .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#71 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12682 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 06:13 PM

One more reason for me to stay away from Gun post

What I cannot see is why does he have a 5 star rating on 32 transactions