#1 Chesador

Chesador

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 January 2021 - 10:52 PM

Dec 31 ended late in the day with Hattie flushing a partridge during our daily walk. Went out today to see if I could get a few ducks. Picked a bird out of a group that flushed from a pond on our approach. It landed in thick marsh surrounded with deadfalls. Forty five minutes of searching and she found it. Nice way to start the new year.

DSCN0385 (2)

#2 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1938 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:35 AM

Its always nice when the near impossible is accomplished
Great way to start the year indeed
can i go hunting yet??

#3 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2863 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:26 AM

Very Nice ! Indeed , great to see her find her prize . She's going be great bird dog all around d
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#4 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11748 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:52 AM

LOL you are doing real good for an old retriever guybiggrin.png

I cannot remember if she is just over two or three now

I found when I switched to Britts it was a big change for me from retrievers did you find the same with springers

Hattie is a beautiful dog and I find her coat has really changed since your last pics of her

Take care

#5 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1780 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:46 PM

That’s good to see Chesador!  I know your dog and mine are from the same parents but it’s uncanny how much they look alike considering there’s a year or two in age difference.  

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#6 Chesador

Chesador

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:39 PM

Very Nice ! Indeed , great to see her find her prize . She's going be great bird dog all around d

I hope so. She's just starting to connect the dots. Looking forward to net year.

#7 Chesador

Chesador

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:49 PM

LOL you are doing real good for an old retriever guybiggrin.png

I cannot remember if she is just over two or three now

I found when I switched to Britts it was a big change for me from retrievers did you find the same with springers

Hattie is a beautiful dog and I find her coat has really changed since your last pics of her

Take care

She'll be three in march. Big change from retrievers. Takes a bit of getting used to but I'm getting there.Her coat is different from the last pictures because I got her clipped before the hunting season. Still miss the retrievers but I have lots of good memories of my days with them. The old legs don't get me there as fast but maybe that's a good thing.lol

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11748 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 January 2021 - 04:49 PM

She'll be three in march. Big change from retrievers. Takes a bit of getting used to but I'm getting there.Her coat is different from the last pictures because I got her clipped before the hunting season. Still miss the retrievers but I have lots of good memories of my days with them. The old legs don't get me there as fast but maybe that's a good thing.lol

My god how times flys. I hear you on the legs. Mine would be fine if my feet were better sad.png even just another right foot

The biggest change for me with the Britts is they can be disciplined / trained with a stink eye and even a raised voice really upsets them

Happy Holidays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users