33 replies to this topic

#21 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2863 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:25 PM

To me alot of guys are looking for spots but don't want to search for there own it seems theres always a few who would rather hunt the blinds that somebody else built it seems in some places.

Ran into several guys last couple yrs doing exactly that very thing , just plain lazy and ignorant to others hard work and scouting thru the yr .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#22 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3349 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:43 PM

Actually hunted down that way a few years back. I have a few friends in that area. I’ve hunted around Italy Cross as well as Hebbville area and down around Petite Riveire and Pleasanville and a few other areas lol. Fished the area as well. Lots and lots of woods down that way.

Bet you are on a lot of peoples camerasbiggrin.png

#23 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3349 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:53 PM

One has to not advertise there spot. One of the worse things that people can do is use there atv too and fro, flagging trails etc. I try to leave the first few hundred feet unmarked. I don't use my bike to go in and out. It makes it harder but its better than listening to someone arriving on an atv around 8 o'clock in the am, or after 4 in the evening. You have to put more work into it today if you do not want your hunt ruined by some idiot. Most are lazy, so if its hard for them they ain't going there.

#24 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11749 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 10 January 2021 - 01:22 PM

Bet you are on a lot of peoples camerasbiggrin.png

He sure is laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

pSQAYQ8.jpg

#25 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 10 January 2021 - 01:34 PM

Bet you are on a lot of peoples cameras:D

Likely. When I come upon someone else’s set up I turn around and go elsewhere unless it I sold my spot. Don’t even bother to check out their set up etc, just back out. If I do walk in front of and or see their camera I usually tip my hat signaling I’m sorry and outta here.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#26 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 10 January 2021 - 03:38 PM

Ha ha ha!  That's great!   That one wasn't me though!

#27 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

I’ve never been cross the Atlantic let alone a cross Italy
What’s the hunting like over there

biggrin.png 

Actually hunted down that way a few years back. I have a few friends in that area. I’ve hunted around Italy Cross as well as Hebbville area and down around Petite Riveire and Pleasanville and a few other areas lol. Fished the area as well. Lots and lots of woods down that way.

Yea, it's a great area.  There was a lot of younger deer there (back a few years) but not too many big ones.   Of course that might have just been me!  ha ha

I walked a lot when hunting there (thus me running into cameras once in a while).  It was a great place to explore.

#28 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 03:44 PM

Likely. When I come upon someone else’s set up I turn around and go elsewhere unless it I sold my spot. Don’t even bother to check out their set up etc, just back out. If I do walk in front of and or see their camera I usually tip my hat signaling I’m sorry and outta here.

I lost one of my fav sitting spots last year.   I have been sneaking in and watching over a spot for a couple of years (just a few times during the season kind of thing), last year I walked in and a guy had a blind right over my stump!  ha ha

Of course they had no way of knowing, I'll check it after the next few seasons are over and see if they move on and I can have it back.  :-)

#29 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1780 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:03 PM

He sure is laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

pSQAYQ8.jpg

Not Tripple D - this guy looks much younger laugh.png

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#30 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11749 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:47 PM

Not Tripple D - this guy looks much younger laugh.png

ya but that was taken about 10 years agolaugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

JuDtEYH.png

#31 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3349 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:30 PM

I was joking.

#32 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Locationhammonds plains

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:58 PM

It's good to hear stories like this one , lets you know there are still honest people out there . I had kind of a weird experience my self this year with another hunter .The spot i hunt is off of the 103 , i walk in an old road about 10-12 minutes and then break off into the woods about another 5-6 minutes to my spot .Anyway on day when i was walking back in (pre season ) to check my cam , i noticed a pile of apples in the middle of the small gravel pit that the trail winds through .No big deal ,it's crown land and anyone can hunt there ,but in the 20+ years i've been hunting back there , i've only ever seen one deer in the pit in daylight ( so it's not the best spot by a long shot ).A couple time's i drove past the spot i would see a small grey car parked there .One day i pulled in with a bag of apples to carry back to my stand and i noticed the car parked there and the guy was sitting in it .So as i got out of the truck and walked around to the back to get the apples , i gave buddy a smile and a friendly wave .He looked at me then stared down (as if he was looking at his shoes ) .Maybe he didn't see me i think ,so i wait a minute until he looks up again and i smile and wave a second time .Nope still no dice ,he looks down again .Well i tried i think to myself and continue to get my apples out ,load them on my packframe and head back to my stand .On my way back i have to pass by the gravel pit and i notice his apples are still there .I go back check my cam ,dump the apples and on my way back out i see the apples have been moved to a different spot .I get out to my truck and his car is still there but he's nowhere around .The way that trail is i found it weird that i didn't see him on my way out .i was trying to let him know that we were cool ,there's room for everyone to hunt , but now he's got me thinking a little ( i lost a trailcam back there a few years ago ,so i'm a little worried when someone act's this way ) So before i left i took down his plate # (just in case i was to come out to 4 flat tire's or anything ).Saw his car there a few time's during the season on day's i wasn't hunting .I hope he had some luck , it just make's me a little nervous when someone won't look me in the eye .

Wish i had half the skill with a rifle my dad had(rest in peace  Dad).

#33 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:06 PM

I was joking.

Yes I figured you were but I’m probably on a few trail cams as I still hunt a lot. I find when you came on to someone else’s set up you usually see the apples first. Sometimes the apples are all gone so I don’t realize it til it’s too late.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#34 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:09 PM

Not Tripple D - this guy looks much younger :lol:

You and Big Mac with medium fries are too funny.

But some days I do feel like that fella!

Of course having met some of the guys on here they all realize between yourself superslickie Kevin and myself I’m the youngest! Likely the best looking too!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users