19 replies to this topic

#1 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:28 PM

This could be interesting, of course I know to some it’s not a Browning lol. Ambidextrous bolt is neat. The only price I could find was between 1400-1600.00 buckaroos lol.

https://www.huntstan...lt-action-rifle

#2 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9280 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:11 PM

Browning hoar or not...me likey...me likey a lot  wink.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#3 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:27 PM

Lol

#4 TMS

TMS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:27 PM

Definitely interesting.Have to wait for a few years to see if there are any bugs to work out.In the meantime it'll be my trusty BAR.

#5 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2743 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:36 AM

I like it, being able to convert to left handed is a bonus for me as well.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#6 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 06 January 2021 - 10:51 AM

probably be prohibited before it makes it to Canada

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#7 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2350 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 06 January 2021 - 01:56 PM

I like the action . the over all look of the rifle not so much .

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori 725 field 20ga

BPS Field

​Remington 1100 std weight 20ga 

#8 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Locationhammonds plains

Posted 06 January 2021 - 02:38 PM

Kind of like a Blaser (but a lot cheaper) ,also like the old k31 swiss or the old Ross rifle .

Wish i had half the skill with a rifle my dad had(rest in peace  Dad).

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11749 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 07 January 2021 - 04:19 PM

A fresh off the shelf review

https://www.outdoorl...-hunting-rifle/

#10 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9280 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:37 PM

It'd be pretty friggen kool to be able to have a couple different cals and bolt heads...swap out your hunting rig with a target rig or a coyote rig !!...same platform , weight, scope (or not) and ergonomics in hand !!

I had to have a stainless stalker collection to be able to do that for 25+ years...lol

The more I see the Impulse the more I like it. Few other calibers would be nice...270..6.5X55, 257 BOB

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#11 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

Review is good, seems like a nice rifle but if I was going to spend that kind of money I would buy a Browning x-bolt because I much rather the look lol, and I don’t own one Browning rifle lol.

#12 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:37 PM

I like the look of them. And I love the savage 10tr I have now. Very accurate. Te impulse seems pretty pricey though, but if you really wanted a straight pull it’s cheaper than other options. Maybe after it’s out for a few years the price will come down some.

I haven’t looked hard at it but I don’t think it’s a simple swap out for a cal change. As in not just a oh I feel like shooting this one today so I’ll just pop this barrel on. But I could be wrong. At least be easier than trying To change over a typical bolt gun.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#13 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2350 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:03 PM

Here is a few nicer versions of the straight pull bolt . <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube....bed/92W9co11dng" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori 725 field 20ga

BPS Field

​Remington 1100 std weight 20ga 

#14 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:35 PM

Hmmmm, interesting and nice lol

#15 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2863 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:30 AM

Interesting is about it for me , kinda on same platform as the TC platform of exchange bolts and barrels and keep same receiver and stock .

Ive sold off every rifle with synthetic stocks so no interest in going to new platform in synthetic again , besides every synthetic ive seen outta Savage is pure trash at best , not bashing any BRANDS here , dont get me wrong , there are others out there riding same train on their synthetic stocks .

I would have to handle one with wood stock and actually see it up front , videos are great marketing options , but fit and feel are another , might be hard sell to older crowd , im sure the newer younger shooters may be more in tune to this type of thing .

As others say , most are comfortable in just picking out one or two calibers and stay with just that, swapping out parts to shoot another caliber may lead to issues not outlined . This is new platform kinda lime when new model of vehicle hits the production line , never buy first or second yr , wait to see what bugs are there before purchasing or passing .

This just my take on it , nice rifle just not my cup of coffee . Everyone has their taste , just not for me .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#16 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:20 PM

Interesting is about it for me , kinda on same platform as the TC platform of exchange bolts and barrels and keep same receiver and stock .
Ive sold off every rifle with synthetic stocks so no interest in going to new platform in synthetic again , besides every synthetic ive seen outta Savage is pure trash at best , not bashing any BRANDS here , dont get me wrong , there are others out there riding same train on their synthetic stocks .
I would have to handle one with wood stock and actually see it up front , videos are great marketing options , but fit and feel are another , might be hard sell to older crowd , im sure the newer younger shooters may be more in tune to this type of thing .
As others say , most are comfortable in just picking out one or two calibers and stay with just that, swapping out parts to shoot another caliber may lead to issues not outlined . This is new platform kinda lime when new model of vehicle hits the production line , never buy first or second yr , wait to see what bugs are there before purchasing or passing .
This just my take on it , nice rifle just not my cup of coffee . Everyone has their taste , just not for me .

Good points esp about new production autos. But it if you buy a Toyota it doesn’t matter!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#17 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:58 PM

Yup, lemon when you buy it and a lemon when you sell it lol;)

#18 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5136 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:23 PM

A solution to a nonexistent problem imo. Who wants an ambidextrous rifle? Does anyone wake up one day and discover they now shoot the oposite side? To each his own but no interest from my end.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#19 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9280 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 01:06 PM

why yes eddie....yes indeedy..wink.pngwink.pngwink.png .folks with newly developed eye issues and shoulder problems have to do it

#20 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:37 PM

Yup, lemon when you buy it and a lemon when you sell it lol;)

??? No such thing as a Toyota lemon !
Best resale value of any vechile.
I bought a new Benz in 99 ( wife got it in the divorce settlement ) In 05 I bought a Camry and the Camry drives just as smooth and quite, if not more so then the Benz. Might not be as fast but just as well built and more reliable.
The best part, six months after the divorce settlement the timing chain ( yep chain not a belt ) broke, left her stranded on the highway!

First Camry I kept for six yrs, front brake job and a set of wiper blades NOTHING ELSE. Second Camry 2011 and still driving it, 200+ Kms one front one rear brake job, 2 sets wiper blades and one tail light bulb! Very similar with all the tacoma’s I’ve owned.
So for me I’ll be driving Toyota until I die!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users