19 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3347 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:04 PM

Seen a post this am from Winchester that firearms, ammo increases upwards to 15% starting in Feb. So buy my rifles I have listed before I have to put them upbiggrin.png

#2 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9278 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:14 PM

Yup... Ross sent me a copy of a letter he recently got, it was sent to him by Vista Outdoors Group...all ammo is going up  3 - 15% USD Apr 1st / 2021.

I presume all the gun shops are / will be getting them. 

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#3 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2863 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:20 PM

Read also that all back orders from Winchester/Browning ammo will be affected as well for the increase , cant say I'm surprised by surprised at all with the shortage and all that took place.

I'd be betting man the other manufactures will follow suit .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#4 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1316 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:16 PM

I’m glad that I stocked up. I have enough centerfire, rimfire and shotgun ammo to last me two lifetimes. US residents buying it all up. Chit about to get real, south of the border.

#5 labradort

labradort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:35 PM

3 to 15% is just as much as usual.  A value box of Winchester 223 with 40 rounds was $29 in 2014.  Now it's over $40.  The same happened with all centerfire in the last few years - most hunting rounds are $2 and up for factory ammo.

Years ago a comedian talked about how people wouldn't shoot other people as often in the U.S. if the price of ammo was higher.  It was a comedy act, and he used the example of $4 a round.  It's heading there.  At the time of that act, it was a ridiculous idea that people laughed at.

#6 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:47 AM

Reloading componants are takin a big jump lately especially powder.

#7 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:58 AM

if you find any ammo on sale grab it

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#8 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9278 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:57 AM

FYI...new Bass Pro flyer has Winchester Wildcat 22LR on for 3.49 a box (50 rds)...down from 4.99 a box.

Now...that being said, it's...NOT THAT EASY TO BUY IT....esp in bulk !  

here's Yet another Bass Pro consumer confusion story ...dry.png

I called over to see if they had 4 or 5 bricks of the Winchester Wildcat in stock."yessirr we do"...I said "great I'll be over in an hour or so".

Made the journey to dartmouth crossing...went down and grabbed 5 bricks of 22 Wildcat, and a box of 30 cal Nosler tips...and headed to check out.

Showed my card then she asked me to drop my mask to see my face ohmy.png   is it safe to do so ??wink.png  what if I was ph34r.png ?? No answer rolleyes.gif ...anyways . she rung it in, I paid for it and headed out the door. Glanced at my receipt and said to the wife... she over charged me ! 37.99 per brick !!!  My math says 10 boxes @ 3.49 = 34.99  !!!  Wheeled around and went back into customer service...showed the receipt and said I was over charged...fella said nope...that's what the scan says.

I showed him the flyer on my phone...said nope...the 500 round boxes are different huh.png ...GET THE MANAGER !! 

Over she comes..I explain what's been goin on...she scans it and repeats the same thing.  I asked the young guy to scan one of the boxes inside the brick. Manager pipes up   "different scan...won't make ANY DIFFERENCE "!!  So I insisted ( politely too wink.png wifey was soooo proud of me) he did it....BLOOP...3.49...ahhh the gentleman is correct " !! I KNOWWWWWW  !!!

EASY PEASY FIX...gimme me back my refund and dump them out on the counter and scan each and every one of the 50 boxes in...sorry we can't....aggghhhhh... ....GRRRRRR..

So now we really have a cluster fook ! She then tells me that it's how their inventory is done...it's separately scanned in our system...big boxes...then smaller boxes huh.png just then the guy from the gun counter comes over and I told him what's goin on...he said give me 5 minutes...told the young fella give him back his difference in the price...manager said wait...he said NO...I'll be back !!

Few minutes later he came back with 50 boxes of Wildcat in a federal box...."Here ya go sir"  Wow that was easy I said. I mentioned to him and the manager that someone needs to inform the higher ups / the overhead genius's that they have some stoopid issues that really need fixin. He said ...try telling that to them "mercans" that own us !

I said no thanks...saw enuff of them Mercans on capitol hill last nite...he said mee too...shocking isn't it ?...Only in America...only in america dry.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#9 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1780 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:31 PM

FYI...new Bass Pro flyer has Winchester Wildcat 22LR on for 3.49 a box (50 rds)...down from 4.99 a box.

I called over to see if they had 4 or 5 bricks of the Winchester Wildcat in stock."yessirr we do"...I said "great I'll be over in an hour or so".

Made the journey to dartmouth crossing...went down and grabbed 5 bricks of 22 Wildcat, and a box of 30 cal Nosler tips...and headed to check out.

Showed my card then she asked me to drop my mask to see my face ohmy.png   is it safe to do so ??wink.png  what if I was ph34r.png ?? No answer rolleyes.gif ...anyways . she rung it in, I paid for it and headed out the door. Glanced at my receipt and said to the wife... she over charged me ! 37.99 per brick !!!  My math says 10 boxes @ 3.49 = 34.99  !!!  Wheeled around and went back into customer service...showed the receipt and said I was over charged...fella said nope...that's what the scan says.

I showed him the flyer on my phone...said nope...the 500 round boxes are different huh.png ...GET THE MANAGER !! 

Over she comes..I explain what's been goin on...she scans it and repeats the same thing.  I asked the young guy to scan one of the boxes inside the brick. Manager pipes up   "different scan...won't make ANY DIFFERENCE "!!  So I insisted ( politely too wink.png wifey was soooo proud of me) he did it....BLOOP...3.49...ahhh the gentleman is correct " !! I KNOWWWWWW  !!!

EASY PEASY FIX...gimme me back my refund and dump them out on the counter and scan each and every one of the 50 boxes in...sorry we can't....aggghhhhh... ....GRRRRRR..

So now we really have a cluster fook ! She then tells me that it's how their inventory is done...it's separately scanned in our system...big boxes...then smaller boxes huh.png just then the guy from the gun counter comes over and I told him what's goin on...he said give me 5 minutes...told the young fella give him back his difference in the price...manager said wait...he said NO...I'll be back !!

Few minutes later he came back with 50 boxes of Wildcat in a federal box...."Here ya go sir"  Wow that was easy I said. I mentioned to him and the manager that someone needs to inform the higher ups / the overhead genius's that they have some stoopid issues that really need fixin. He said ...try telling that to them "mercans" that own us !

I said no thanks...saw enuff of them Mercans on capitol hill last nite...he said mee too...shocking isn't it ?...Only in America...only in america dry.png

First mistake was “dropping your mask” - must have scared the “be jeepers” out of her.  laugh.png tongue.png laugh.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Thank gawd you didn’t drop your drawers by mistake - the wife would be putting up bail money by now ph34r.png

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#10 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:01 PM

Yea, I've only been in there a handful of times and every time there is some kind of screw-up or out of stock issue.   

It's a shame, I love their stores and the service in the US, why can't they just do the same...?   So odd.

#11 louisbear

louisbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationWindsor, Nova Scotia

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:27 PM

Yea, I've only been in there a handful of times and every time there is some kind of screw-up or out of stock issue.
It's a shame, I love their stores and the service in the US, why can't they just do the same...? So odd.

I have gone into Cabela’s at Dartmouth crossing numerous times only to find they never have what I am looking to buy. It is exactly 46 minutes from my drive way to Cabela’s parking lot. So if I want a specific item or items I call ahead and have them put them up at costumer services counter with my name on them. This way someone cannot buy the last one lol. Now , ammo is usually a different story. Rarely do they have what I am looking for when I call. So I go to Cabela’s.ca and have found ammo I require (The Winchester Wildcats mentioned above can be found here at the sale price mentioned ) and have it shipped to the store for you to pick up. If I am not planning a trip to the Dartmouth area in the near fixture I get them to ship me the ammo to my house. I bought bulk ammo delivered to the door from Calgary for under 13.00 Canadian.

#12 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3347 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:40 PM

I can't keep the price down on the two rifles I have listed for very long. You guys should act nowbiggrin.png

#13 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9278 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:06 PM

First mistake was “dropping your mask” - must have scared the “be jeepers” out of her.  laugh.png tongue.png laugh.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Thank gawd you didn’t drop your drawers by mistake - the wife would be putting up bail money by now ph34r.png

THAT much white meat in one spot would shut down swiss chalet for good  !!!!!!!laugh.pnglaugh.png

#14 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11747 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:43 AM

sVCTyhp.jpg

This is not the norm I have ever seen

Cheers

#15 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3347 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:12 AM

sVCTyhp.jpg

This is not the norm I have ever seen

Cheers

They say this will be the worst year for almost everything we use as they now are running out of the raw materials to make stuff.

#16 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11747 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:40 AM

They say this will be the worst year for almost everything we use as they now are running out of the raw materials to make stuff.

Yep agree 100%. Some dealers saying in canada they don't even know if they will even get their 2021 ammo orders

So far about 30% of my seed ordered have arrived and ordered November 23rd, 1/3 cancelled saying not coming in this year and 1/3 on back order

Prices way up also from last year and smaller packages sad.png

Take care

#17 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11747 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:25 PM

So much for the guy on nutz saying he will just not buy winchester

https://www.internat...peer-remington/

#18 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3347 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:48 PM

So much for the guy on nutz saying he will just not buy winchester

https://www.internat...peer-remington/

Just on the news that the vaccine delivery to Canada will be delayed. I think this year could be a lot more painful for many than last year. As the cases mount there will be complete shutdown. I wish to hell the flights in and out of the country would stop. Lockdown means nothing if the three big provinces, Quebec, Ontario, BC keep allowing flights in and out. One does not have to be a rocket scientist to figure out why those provinces are having so many cases.

#19 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3347 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

Yep agree 100%. Some dealers saying in canada they don't even know if they will even get their 2021 ammo orders

So far about 30% of my seed ordered have arrived and ordered November 23rd, 1/3 cancelled saying not coming in this year and 1/3 on back order

Prices way up also from last year and smaller packages sad.png

Take care

Imagine what my levers are worthbiggrin.png

#20 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11747 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:53 PM

Imagine what my levers are worthbiggrin.png

Yes have to agree. If this keeps up they will be worth more than rebar  laugh.png laugh.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users