7 replies to this topic

#1 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:03 PM

Can you legally use a magazine extension on a 12 gauge pump during any hunting season, I know you can't for ducks but lets say deer season, can you use or put more than 3 slugs in the mag legally. I can't find anything in the rags book, thought I would ask. You can buy different sizes from 1 extra shell to 10,

#2 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12245 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:12 PM

This will answer your question

https://www.novascot...610-mag-limits/

More than 5 except semi legal YEP other than migratory . Would I do it NOPE since many Wardens in NS have that three in their mind and may charge you

Yes you will win but at what cost in court

Cheers

#3 adam_h

adam_h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:32 PM

I don't have any personal experiences with coverage/claims but you can buy firearms insurance for $100/year that will cover your court fees.  I've had it for a few years now.   www.firearmlegaldefence.com     You also get access to legal advice if you have questions about firearms/storage. 

Having said that, why have the fight if you don't need to.  Even if you win you've been in court for multiple years and your firearm is rusting away in police custody while you wait for the courts to clear you.  I'd rather spend that time in the woods.

#4 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2957 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:26 PM

Id rather just go by the regs and stay at that , one really must ask themselves why do i need a mag extension to hunt with to begin with ?

I certainly dont , frig if cant hit a bird on 3 shots oh well ! Chalk it up to a miss , plus why heat up the barrel for no reason , I'm old enough to know if i need a mag extension for hunting then i need to look at what I'm doing wrong. Plus im pretty quick on the reloading when time comes .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#5 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12245 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:32 PM

Here is my take on the shotgun mag extension

We all know they are taking our guns hand over fist over the years and not done

IMHO some day all we will have left is factory unaltered firearms originally designed for hunting approved for use

Adding a mag extension may turn an approved shotgun into a prohib down the road and banned

I have only ever added them to a few remingtons for people and once I drill out those dimples that gun is altered from factory

To each their own on this one

Cheers

#6 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:34 PM

OK,,When is it legal to remove the plug on it, I guess should of been my question???

#7 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12245 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:45 PM

OK,,When is it legal to remove the plug on it, I guess should of been my question???

In Nova Scotia Target shooting . Legal for upland, rabbits , coyotes, big game but again be prepared to be told differently and even charged by DNR if stopped since many have three in their brain max  for all hunting with shotguns

Yes they are wrong BUT it will cost you IMO and honestly the 5 round max in a semi really only applies to centerfire not shotguns but try to convince any Official of that one 

Good luck . Easier to max at five

For me the only time more than 3 was an advantage or required was snow goose hunting out west 

Cheers

#8 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9411 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:10 AM

Your old eyes gettin that bad alan ?? biggrin.pngbiggrin.png  ...my FIL used to say.." keep the lead in the air, a chanced shot will kill the devil someday " laugh.pnglaugh.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users