6 replies to this topic

#1 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 09:01 PM

I would like to know if anybody on here can tell me what the differences are between the Browning Challenger 11 and the Challenger 111 are. I Googled them both and just can't find what the differences are,

I'm sure someone on here can tell me.I guess there is also a Challenger 1 as well.I know what the Rugers mk 1,,11,,,111 are but like to know what the Brownings are.

Thanks

#2 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9420 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 08 February 2021 - 09:39 PM

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#3 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 11:00 PM

I may be off but from what I read the 11 is a steel frame and the 111 is alloy if this helps.

#4 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 09 February 2021 - 10:04 AM

More from google

First introduced in 1982, the Challenger III had an alloy frame and a slab sided (bull) barrel, 5 ½ inches in length. The next year a round, 6 ¾ inch barrel was added. The round barrel is similar to the barrel on the Challenger II, however, they have a different attachment machinist and are not interchangeable. The upper, rear portion of the slide was scallop, apparently in an effort to reduce the weight of the slide. There is some speculation that Browning received complaints that the challenger II would not always function properly with bulk, promotional ammunition. In an effort to cure this problem Browning scalloped the slide to reduce the slide weight. Then some complained that the narrower slide would cause cuts on the thumb and fingers when the slide was racked past the rear sight.

The grip angle and wood grips on the Challenger III are the same as on the Challenger II. The Browning “B” medallion was replaced with the Browning “Buck Mark” medallion. However a few early production Challenger III's had the “B” medallion.

The serial number on some early Challenger III's precedes those of late production Challenger II's.

Serial numbers stated at 1001 each year. Serial numbers were commingled between the bull barrel model and the round barrel model.

#5 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5962 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 09 February 2021 - 04:55 PM

The original challenger is a muscle car the new ones aren’t if you ever get a chance to drive a hellcat take it!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#6 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5962 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 09 February 2021 - 05:05 PM

Browning challenger 1 was made in Belgium the 11 and 111 were made in the US
C11 came in 6.75” barrel only
C11 has round barrel c111 has square
A lot of c11 parts are same as c1 parts and interchangeable with the nomad and medalists.
C111 parts are not.
I had a challenger 11 and it ate whatever ammo I fed it NP.
The challengers are all very accurate out of the box hgs. You will love which ever model you buy WAY better gun then the buckmark!
However the browning medalist are better then the challengers!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#7 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 10 February 2021 - 11:17 AM

Browning challenger 1 was made in Belgium the 11 and 111 were made in the US
C11 came in 6.75” barrel only
C11 has round barrel c111 has square
A lot of c11 parts are same as c1 parts and interchangeable with the nomad and medalists.
C111 parts are not.
I had a challenger 11 and it ate whatever ammo I fed it NP.
The challengers are all very accurate out of the box hgs. You will love which ever model you buy WAY better gun then the buckmark!
However the browning medalist are better then the challengers!

You sure know your handguns my friend.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users