3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:05 AM

Nutz member posted a pic of the wolf he took in BC

Cannot even imagine out in the woods and seeing something like that looking at me. Wonder what is weighs 

It says he is not a small boy either like 6 feet

Cheers

oqbfDL0.jpg

#2 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:11 PM

Either a really big wolf or a really small hunter !!smile.png

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#3 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3476 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:35 PM

Nutz member posted a pic of the wolf he took in BC

Cannot even imagine out in the woods and seeing something like that looking at me. Wonder what is weighs 

It says he is not a small boy either like 6 feet

Cheers

oqbfDL0.jpg

Was up to alert a couple times in the Military. We had the big ones there some over 150lbs. I remember one coming to the hanger door and feeding him through the crack. They were huge. No one walked up the hill for lunch we drovebiggrin.png

#4 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2957 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 02:49 PM

I Remember being out in Manitoba and seeing one on way back from waterfowl hunt , pretty big animal , guys were on edge as it kept getting close , needless to say everyone was ready if needed , just kept going on its way it was heading .

First and only time seeing one and good enough for me , cousin out in Alberta tells me he never goes to the woods unless hes got something for that just in case moment had few close encounters with them .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#5 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 09 February 2021 - 04:22 PM

I've seen several in my travels and working environment. They can grow quite tall.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#6 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2537 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 09 February 2021 - 04:44 PM

seen this on another site this morning..

https://www.mlive.co...ng-surreal.html

#7 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9411 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 09 February 2021 - 05:49 PM

Seen quite a few wolves in my 30+ years running coast to coast. The biggest one I ever saw was outside of Longlac Ont...mid winter, lots of snow down...just slowed down to go around a bunch of CN Rail repair gear parked along side Hwy 11...and I saw this big coal black thing leaping thru 3 ft of snow with ease. Ran down a small incline...right past 20 - 25 guys and crossed the highway 30 ft in front of me. 

Looked like a friggen horse it was sooo tall...high legged BIG tail...jet..jet..black...3 shades darker than a crows crotch !!  What a gorgeous animal that was  !!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#8 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3476 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 07:28 PM

I Remember being out in Manitoba and seeing one on way back from waterfowl hunt , pretty big animal , guys were on edge as it kept getting close , needless to say everyone was ready if needed , just kept going on its way it was heading .

First and only time seeing one and good enough for me , cousin out in Alberta tells me he never goes to the woods unless hes got something for that just in case moment had few close encounters with them .

When were you there. I was there 89-91.

#9 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2957 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 08:11 PM

When were you there. I was there 89-91.

87 & 88 i was there 3 different trips over from Ontario when up there working on some much needed R&R

#10 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3476 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 09:20 PM

87 & 88 i was there 3 different trips over from Ontario when up there working on some much needed R&R

Man they had some wildlife back then.

#11 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2957 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 07:49 AM

Man they had some wildlife back then.

You got that right ! Still good hunting/fishing there I'm told , kinda miss it in some ways , id have to live tho in a small town close as possible to escape things when needed.

#12 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 11 February 2021 - 11:23 AM

Was up to alert a couple times in the Military. We had the big ones there some over 150lbs. I remember one coming to the hanger door and feeding him through the crack. They were huge. No one walked up the hill for lunch we drovebiggrin.png

Must of been old George the loner i dumped some garbage bags at the dump lol i turn he got 2 of them in his mouth trotting off for a meal of steak bones. Each bag weighed about 50lbs lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users