Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

Bring On The Money

5K views 153 replies 15 participants last post by  3macs1 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know I said it will never happen since it never has in the past but don't mind being wrong this time and look who doesn't want grandfathering Fer's

Cannot see what else can be done however to lock prohibs up any more than they are now

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun-buyback-bill-1.5910338

If we think it will change look at this running 9 months now and looking for 1 million signatures and still has not got 100,000
sad.png

https://www.change.org/p/canadian-house-of-commons-at-least-1-million-signatures-to-remove-pm-justin-trudeau-and-his-liberal-government

See less See more
#2 ·
Average price the New Zealand paid per firearm is $1500 +/- only 56,000 passed in from approx 175,000 + @ 87,000,000 spend so far , hmm seems it will cost them approx 1/4 Billion + if they want them all .

If Turdeo thinks this will work he better start scrapping the cookie jar once again , then again the tax payer is on the hook once again for this boondoggle of buying legally paid for property of law abidding citizens and use their money to do it with .

For those who believe this is a good thing , better go get a CT scan for brain activity or lack of , then again we all know liberals are brain dead useless pieces of flesh sucking up valuable air .

Last note this is voluntary to do , hmmmmm how many will take that gamble to hold to their legally paid for property , hoping change of certain useless individuals will reverse this ..

I'd say there will be quite a few .

But hey thats my opinion for what its worth .

#3 ·
Fuck you Trudeau and fuck you Blair! 2 of the biggest pieces of shat to ever wear a suit and tie.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Give me 1200 or 1500 for each of mine and I say where do I drop them off even 1000 each would be good.
smile.png

Those that don't think a buy back is a good thing have little experience with owning prohibs in canada IMO and don't have 12 (x) on their Rpal card right now and have never had one banned in the past .

They never watched their legally purchased firearms become useless over night dropping to 10 cents on a dollar value if you could fluke and sell one to another prohib owner thus many mainly just watched them rust away in a safe for years and years NEVER to be used again. Good old grandfathering. Way more painful that just coming and taking them that has been proven

Prolonged confiscation is all it is

They can stick grandfathering this time cause guess what the PC will NEVER reverse it. NEVER have and NEVER will

Yes there will be guys due to lack of experience IMO owning prohibs and that is what it is that are new to this crap and think things will change with a different government ( like I did for years ) or the odd old guy that still won't do it for principal ( again like I did at first ) . They are FOOLS in 2021 as I was IMO

Let's see 2000/3000 bucks in my hand or two more useless firearms to watch rot until they become rebar

BRING on the cash for me

The few ( two) current prohib owners I know around me want cash this time also and I understand 100% why

All that being said I still think there will be no cash and just grandfathering

Plus it is even worse this time. In the past I would just send as many as I could of the prohibs state side to live on and get most of my money back . Cannot do that with AR's they are not allowed to go state side
sad.png
I have been told cannot even give them to my brothers down there :(

That is my take

Cheers

#6 ·
I knew this would get some action here
smile.png
and keep the site active
In the past 8 months I have watched and I have come to the belief that not one party has any interest in any thing but there expenses, perks and pensions. The country is basically done. To much money going out, no one knowing the numbers, not even a finance minster. Anyone with a brain is thinking this cannot be turned around. Those immigrants that left there country as many as nine families under one roof, well welcome to the new Canada. Thats where we are headed. The wife says its depressing listening to my view but its hard to be positive. If you have something diesel l it will soon be banned, same as your auto, atv, side by side. Antique vehicles gone, firearms gone, hunting gone, capitol gains on your residence, 5x the tax on your woodlot, on and on. Depressing. Now the moron today said there will be consequences for those not vaccinated. Lets make two groups on people in Canada. I cannot remember any PM that has caused so much separation, destruction to the Canadian way of life.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
In the past 8 months I have watched and I have come to the belief that not one party has any interest in any thing but there expenses, perks and pensions. The country is basically done. To much money going out, no one knowing the numbers, not even a finance minster. Anyone with a brain is thinking this cannot be turned around. Those immigrants that left there country as many as nine families under one roof, well welcome to the new Canada. Thats where we are headed. The wife says its depressing listening to my view but its hard to be positive. If you have something diesel l it will soon be banned, same as your auto, atv, side by side. Antique vehicles gone, firearms gone, hunting gone, capitol gains on your residence, 5x the tax on your woodlot, on and on. Depressing. Now the moron today said there will be consequences for those not vaccinated. Lets make two groups on people in Canada. I cannot remember any PM that has caused so much separation, destruction to the Canadian way of life.
ONLY 8 months. Started for me when Harper lied to us gun owners years ago. They are all the same just wear a different color tie now and agree with you 100 %

Cheers

I was reading this today from our new premier
rolleyes.gif
WFT is he smoking. Does he know NS power still burns millions and millions of tons a year here and will not change anything anytime soon

OH boy guess he wants us all to live with generators :(

Rankin has pledged to get the province off coal and increase the use of renewable energy sooner than commitments established by McNeil's government, and make Nova Scotia the first province in the country to be net carbon neutral.

#8 ·
Those that don't think a buy back is a good thing have little experience with owning prohibs in canada IMO and don't have 12 (x) on their Rpal card right now and have never had one banned in the past .

What do you mean here 12(x) on your Rpal card. I don't have this licence yet but am scheduled to take the course on March 7th. Are firearms or I should say handguns tied to this card as they are purchased?

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)

What do you mean here 12(x) on your Rpal card. I don't have this licence yet but am scheduled to take the course on March 7th. Are firearms or I should say handguns tied to this card as they are purchased?
It is just another way they separated gun owners years ago IMO. You will never have it and no it isn't fair. Last ones in most categories were before december 98 . I can buy some guns you cannot just because I owned some of that type many years ago and was grandfathered them and given 12(x) status that is not right

When the banning started if you owned a gun they prohibited rather than take it from you they grandfathered it to you and based on what it is they placed you and you gun on a 12(x) approval category so you could keep what you have but many categories you could no longer be shot, sold ( other than to another exact category owner) or even taken out of the safe

Some yes like 12(6) could be passed down to the next generation and given 12(7) but not the rest. The day you died those guns they grandfathered to you Like say a 12(3) died also and had to be handed in with zero compensation and believe me the rcmp came looking for them

This will help explain what it is I hope

https://bcfirearmsacademy.ca/prohibited-classes-of-firearms-12-2-12-3-12-4-12-5-12-6-12-7-12-9/

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/classes-firearms

Your new Rpal when you get it will allow you to buy and own restricted firearms but not prohibited ones
sad.png

Hope this helps

#11 ·
I honestly don't know how anyone could put a positive spin on this situation. They are forcing gun owners to turn in private property that they worked for. Wether they give money or not , it is still total bullscat.

#12 ·
It is just another way they separated gun owners years ago IMO. You will never have it and no it isn't fair. Last ones in most categories were before december 98 . I can buy some guns you cannot just because I owned some of that type many years ago and was grandfathered them and given 12(x) status that is not right
When the banning started if you owned a gun they prohibited rather than take it from you they grandfathered it to you and based on what it is they placed you and you gun on a 12(x) approval category so you could keep what you have but many categories you could no longer be shot, sold ( other than to another exact category owner) or even taken out of the safe

Some yes like 12(6) could be passed down to the next generation and given 12(7) but not the rest. The day you died those guns they grandfathered to you Like say a 12(3) died also and had to be handed in with zero compensation and believe me the rcmp came looking for them
This will help explain what it is I hope
https://bcfirearmsacademy.ca/prohibited-classes-of-firearms-12-2-12-3-12-4-12-5-12-6-12-7-12-9/

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/classes-firearms

Your new Rpal when you get it will allow you to buy and own restricted firearms but not prohibited ones
sad.png

Hope this helps
Got it, I was mixed up when I seen 12(x) and Rpal together. I thought prohibited was another class. I have no interest in prohibited whatsoever lol. I also prefer rifles and shotguns over handguns anyday but that is a matter of preference mainly as I enjoy hunting over target practice:)

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
I honestly don't know how anyone could put a positive spin on this situation. They are forcing gun owners to turn in private property that they worked for. Wether they give money or not , it is still total bullscat.
Pretty simple. It is called pulling one's head out of their ass ( took me a long time to do it ) and seeing it for what it really is and that we have NO hope in hell of changing it

Sorry been there, have the T-shirt and not my first gun banned and wish money was an option in the past at least I would have got something for my private property as you say

We have lost the support of the general population with 86% of voters agreeing that this BAN is a good thing so time to accept it and make the best out of what is going to happen

If one has been a gun owner for over 50 years like I have , been through this before it is not hard to see where we are in 2021 and where we are going and that no one even the GREAT PC's will help and change this. They have proven that time and time again over the years

Face it we are divided, weak and seen as dinosaurs by most voters not needed or wanted in today's society . Any gun owner that cannot see that is blind and still dreaming

Unfortunately they are not done with us yet. Handguns are next what ever they do there

Cheers

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Seems that it may not be just handguns. Have you noticed that things always get leaked months before (like storing guns at depots) and denied, then months later they come through. He referred to this just the other day.
Never seen that

My guess

Too many others out there if all banned are added and they don't want to build armories to house them, staff them, the liabilities etc etc. All of this was on the table just before the gun registry came into place and it was deemed not something they wanted to do and way too expensive

Handguns are different. There is only two reasons to even have a hand gun in canada you are a collector or target shoot at a club which you have to be an active member of to even get your Rpal renewed

Collectors they will have to make them inactive , club members have a very hard road to explain why if the only place I can use it I have to take it home plus some clubns see it as a way to keep the lights on charging storage. Some actually do it now

Cheers

Sorry there is a third reason I forgot . It is a requirement for your job. Those I can see being allowed to be stored at home

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Never seen that

My guess

Too many others out there if all banned are added and they don't want to build armories to house them, staff them, the liabilities etc etc. All of this was on the table just before the gun registry came into place and it was deemed not something they wanted to do and way too expensive

Handguns are different. There is only two reasons to even have a hand gun in canada you are a collector or target shoot at a club which you have to be an active member of to even get your Rpal renewed

Collectors they will have to make them inactive , club members have a very hard road to explain why if the only place I can use it I have to take it home plus some clubns see it as a way to keep the lights on charging storage. Some actually do it now

Cheers

Sorry there is a third reason I forgot . It is a requirement for your job. Those I can see being allowed to be stored at home
But when did any thing Trudreau do make sense. My buddy said that to me yesterday. You cannot think common sense, thats my problem, if its liberal its not common sense, he had a point. If your going to ban guns that only effects legal gun owners then a depot to house the remainder and the expense to run them makes no difference. He would have easily gave this money to someone out side of Canada anyway.

#21 ·
3macs if you are saying that storing my handguns at my gun club is a good idea you are nuts. What if I want to clean it? Maintain it? Fix it? Go shoot at a friends club? Go to a competition? My club is in the middle of nowhere With nothing around it. One stop shopping for a thief to load up.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
3macs if you are saying that storing my handguns at my gun club is a good idea you are nuts. What if I want to clean it? Maintain it? Fix it? Go shoot at a friends club? Go to a competition? My club is in the middle of nowhere With nothing around it. One stop shopping for a thief to load up.
Where did I say it was a good idea. I said it is very possible for them to make it mandatory and doable

Clean it and fix it there. Friends club ATT ,same as competition.

You think they care if someone steals it

Not saying I am agreeing just saying it could very easily happen and has been discussed in full detail just before the gun registry went into place to the extent quotes were submitted and now being discussed again

My buds says you think they are going to store my 12 hand guns and I can afford the storage fees

NOPE sadly I don't since if they do this you will no longer be allowed to own that many so won't having to worry about storing 12 IMO

Cheers

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
But when did any thing Trudreau do make sense. My buddy said that to me yesterday. You cannot think common sense, thats my problem, if its liberal its not common sense, he had a point. If your going to ban guns that only effects legal gun owners then a depot to house the remainder and the expense to run them makes no difference. He would have easily gave this money to someone out side of Canada anyway.
When did any prime minister make any sense. They are all bad just different levels and yes justin is the top of the list

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Chitt?? Not me thinking that way

We can talk honestly and openly about it or continue to bury our head and hope it goes away.

Handguns for example

I have been hearing since the late 60's my handguns are gone and they are still here This time is different . One can take that to the bank

67% of the general public want them 100% gone and even other gun owners are not supporting us in record high numbers in 2021
sad.png

Change is coming for handgun owners . No idea what but it is never good

#26 ·
Jesus Christ....it's like being happy someone bought Vaseline before you were held down and corn holed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.