• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:35 AM

Did they get support from the turdboy?
Like WTF !!!
But if everyone stays home and collects UBI where will tax $ come from
Can I get UBI plus my pension and CPP plus OAS in a few yrs.

No but PEI tried like 6 times in the last three months. 3 in december alone

Cheers

#122 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:37 AM

If you look up the history of UBI it was created in some country with the thought of helping those that had lost there job there get back on there feet. While many were at home the others worked. The others that worked paid all the taxes until many of them got fed up with seeing others getting paid for nothing and they quit, then they all were on UBI, all in poverty, no one working, nothing being made, no one paying taxes and the country went broke and became a shitehole. Its where were heading. Many people in Canada want it but if you ask them how everyone can be on it if no one works, or how anything will ever get made, who pays taxes, they don't answer. These very same people believe they will still have a nice house, car etc. Imagine paying 270 million in PEI to have 50,000 stay home. Imagine the cost if everyone stayed home? I guess Canada will become a country on welfare.

Yep been around a long time. Ontario tried it for a few months maybe 4 years ago and want to do it again as does BC

From what one reads PEI is a pilot project and if it works like they want other provinces are ready to join in also

Cheers

#123 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3571 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:46 PM

Yep been around a long time. Ontario tried it for a few months maybe 4 years ago and want to do it again as does BC

From what one reads PEI is a pilot project and if it works like they want other provinces are ready to join in also

Cheers

I could not remember the $$$ amount but it was said if the country did this it would only take less than two years before complete collapse. I see 9 families under one roof in the future.

#124 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:39 AM

I could not remember the $$$ amount but it was said if the country did this it would only take less than two years before complete collapse. I see 9 families under one roof in the future.

The purple/gold palaces in Edmonton already do this, 5 cab cars parked out front too. 

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#125 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:49 AM

The purple/gold palaces in Edmonton already do this, 5 cab cars parked out front too. 

Times have sure changed and not for the better sad.png

wacko.png There are two places quite small here on my street with four families in each now . Mom sold her home 2 years ago. Lady from Vietnam bought it and mom says there is 13 to 15 people  living there now from a few families  sad.png

Grabbed the house she figured since it had 5 bedrooms and 2 kitchens & baths ready to go ( paid cash I may add and exactly what she wanted ) 

Mom at 86 has no filters any more and says it looks like a UN meeting before the bus stops now in front of the old house every morning unsure.png

Cheers

#126 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3571 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:08 PM

Times have sure changed and not for the better sad.png

wacko.png There are two places quite small here on my street with four families in each now . Mom sold her home 2 years ago. Lady from Vietnam bought it and mom says there is 13 to 15 people  living there now from a few families  sad.png

Grabbed the house she figured since it had 5 bedrooms and 2 kitchens & baths ready to go ( paid cash I may add and exactly what she wanted ) 

Mom at 86 has no filters any more and says it looks like a UN meeting before the bus stops now in front of the old house every morning unsure.png

Cheers

Now I know it is wrong to speak with common sense but one would think the government would be losing taxes if everyone lived in one house. I seen it in the valley over the years. A religious group who started this way and made a killing over the years avoiding taxes. 

#127 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:02 PM

Now I know it is wrong to speak with common sense but one would think the government would be losing taxes if everyone lived in one house. I seen it in the valley over the years. A religious group who started this way and made a killing over the years avoiding taxes. 

Yep. You are right there

Cheers

#128 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:12 PM

I weep for the future. Actually,I weep for the present as well. Somebody should be watering the steps of parliament hill during the winter.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#129 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:16 PM

I weep for the future. Actually,I weep for the present as well. Somebody should be watering the steps of parliament hill during the winter.

Man you must be going through a fortune worth of your special Justin paper with all the fluids you have been losing tongue.png

#130 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:20 PM

As with the 90's b.s of the Registry , we all heard the stories of people hiding firearms in different ways . I'm betting theres people who have taken firearms once deemed non restricted now deemed probib , those firearms have somehow vanished in one way or the other .

Saying this yes it now makes them a criminal , but we are all branded criminal just for being a Law Abiding firearms Tax paying Citizen .

Hmmm wonder how many Criminals have filed taxes with their T4 s in hand at H&R block and reported ALL INCOME they received in the calender yr , I'd say not one .

Cant get most people to report ALL income they receive , i mean geez you got do a yard sale or to flea market or private FTF sale are we going report that to revenue canada ? I think not !

Going see alot of guns go under ground in one wwy or the other , after all are they going inspect every home, cottage , camp in canada for firearms ? Not one chance in a snow ball going thru hell will that happen either , they have to catch you with it , its a chance many will take .

Banning hand guns in Municipalities , will that include Antiques ? I say yes after all went after the paint ball guns and why cause they look scary ! OMFG , oooooh that guy has a paint ball gun that offends me , ffs grow up and stop being a [email protected]#$y .

World has gone to chitt in a hand basket .

And plz dont come on here saying every transaction is reported to revenue canada , cause we all know its not true !

Everyone is guilty of something one way or the other in the governments eyes
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#131 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:58 PM

You've brought up examples in urban areas.  Silvercore is a odd case - it's a gun club that doesn't even have a shooting range, but has multiple club locations in the BC lower mainland, including a few Cabelas.

At AVSSC there is no physical space for storage of the firearms of approximately 1000 members.  It would require new buildings, 24 hour security service and massive vaults to deter theft.

Shooting clubs with outdoor ranges are in remote areas out of ear shot of the urban people.  That makes them also several minutes away from any alarm response for breaking in.  Or, suppose the bad guys don't want to use cutting torches?  Maybe criminals gangs would just wait for the 9 AM opening and rob the place at gunpoint once the employees (of which there are none at AVSSC today), hauling off hundreds of beautifully kept firearms, including the newly prohibited AR-15s and such that were not handed in.  Police won't be there for a number of minutes after 911/alarm, so it's a great opportunity for the underworld.  Oh wait, what was the point of central storage again?

Volunteer based clubs do not operate with employees on premises.  Often when I'm at AVSSC, I'm the only one there.  The costs of requiring employees to manage the check in/check out of owned firearms, new buildings, security systems and vaults, would push the membership fees sky high.

The people who propose the central storage don't think about how the firearms will be accessed.  They only think about how they will not be accessed, and so factors like employees and gun cleaning and so on are not part of the thinking.

I think the new laws will not be about central storage, as I said, they came to a realization there are great challenges.

I believe the new laws for storage will be about retail stores securing their inventory when the shop is closed, and about locked cabinet/safe/rooms for home storage which cannot be easily carried away.  There have been a number of thefts of both of these types and they will want to bring storage to a higher standard.

Yes you are right, What about the police officers that had their weapons stolen or lost or forgot it somewhere. I remember back in the 90's a Halifax police officer forgot his out by the airport while target praticing in a gravel pit and when he got back to the city he then relized it, lucky it was where he left it. great storeage there hey..lol

#132 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:10 PM

Boys we are talking apples and oranges in 2021.

Many changes/ revisions have taken place since the  gun registry days ( thank you bill c-68 as one example ) and below is what one is facing today

Some of these sections like 99  revised 1995, 2008 and 2015 and now has a min of 1 year to a max of 10 in JAIL and all have at least some jail time to a max of five years

I say good luck to those that want to try to hide what they have this time. Better not get caught 

Plus all of these infractions take your firearms licence away immediately for life

To each their own. Me I will comply 100% as I always have regardless how I feel about it. No gun is worth criminal charges and jail time IMO

And don't think for one minute the government would not love to use you as an example unlike the past

Cheers

1. What are the consequences of not complying with the OIC ban:

Transferring a now prohibited firearm/device to a third party would constitute an infraction under either s. 99 or s. 101 of the Criminal Code (Illegal Transfer).  Taking it to the range would constitute an infraction under s. 93 of the Criminal Code (Possession of a firearm in a non-authorized location).  Keeping it beyond the amnesty period (without having opted for grandfathering) would constitute an infraction under either s. 91 or 92 of the Criminal Code (Illegal possession).  All of these infractions expose the perpetrator, if found guilty, to a criminal record, to potential jail time, and to a certain loss of one’s firearms licence for the future. 

#133 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:12 PM

I had and owned guns since 1966, started out with a Daisy BB gun, had guns ever since, early 80's a friend of mine got me into handguns, owned them ever since. Always locked up, trigger locks on the restricted, ammo locked up in a seperate metel box, took them back and forth to the range on a regular basis in my car, locked in the trunk.

Never had I ever had a visit by the police to check up on storage, never had I ever been asked to open my trunk, never ever been pulled over and patted down for any weapons, so I think the police are pretty relaxed on the firearm issue. 

I seen this morning on Facebook we were asked how do you stop drunk drivers, to stop killing sober drivers,, make it illegal for sober drivers to drive, sounds about right with their style of gun control in the federal government. Take our guns but the criminals can still have theirs if they don't get caught with them.

Scary how many cars you meet on our highways that have illegal handguns under their belts. think about it ,,,scary,, we meet them everyday, not just in the cities or north end Dartmouth, or Spryfield, Westthall, all over

#134 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:21 PM

You've brought up examples in urban areas.  Silvercore is a odd case - it's a gun club that doesn't even have a shooting range, but has multiple club locations in the BC lower mainland, including a few Cabelas.

At AVSSC there is no physical space for storage of the firearms of approximately 1000 members.  It would require new buildings, 24 hour security service and massive vaults to deter theft.

Shooting clubs with outdoor ranges are in remote areas out of ear shot of the urban people.  That makes them also several minutes away from any alarm response for breaking in.  Or, suppose the bad guys don't want to use cutting torches?  Maybe criminals gangs would just wait for the 9 AM opening and rob the place at gunpoint once the employees (of which there are none at AVSSC today), hauling off hundreds of beautifully kept firearms, including the newly prohibited AR-15s and such that were not handed in.  Police won't be there for a number of minutes after 911/alarm, so it's a great opportunity for the underworld.  Oh wait, what was the point of central storage again?

Volunteer based clubs do not operate with employees on premises.  Often when I'm at AVSSC, I'm the only one there.  The costs of requiring employees to manage the check in/check out of owned firearms, new buildings, security systems and vaults, would push the membership fees sky high.

The people who propose the central storage don't think about how the firearms will be accessed.  They only think about how they will not be accessed, and so factors like employees and gun cleaning and so on are not part of the thinking.

I think the new laws will not be about central storage, as I said, they came to a realization there are great challenges.

I believe the new laws for storage will be about retail stores securing their inventory when the shop is closed, and about locked cabinet/safe/rooms for home storage which cannot be easily carried away.  There have been a number of thefts of both of these types and they will want to bring storage to a higher standard.

Boys we are talking apples and oranges in 2021.

Many revisions have taken place since the first gun registry days ( thank you bill c-68 as one example ) and below is what one is facing today

Some of these sections like 99  revised 1995, 2008 and 2015 and now has a min of 3 years to a max of 10 in JAIL and all have at least one year to a max of five

I say good luck to those that want to try to hide what they have this time. Better not get caught 

Plus all of these infractions take your firearms licence away immediately

To each their own. Me I will comply 100% as I always have regardless how I feel about it. No gun is worth criminal charges and jail time IMO

And don't think for one minute the government would not love to use you as an example

Cheers

1. What are the consequences of not complying with the OIC ban:

Transferring a now prohibited firearm/device to a third party would constitute an infraction under either s. 99 or s. 101 of the Criminal Code (Illegal Transfer).  Taking it to the range would constitute an infraction under s. 93 of the Criminal Code (Possession of a firearm in a non-authorized location).  Keeping it beyond the amnesty period (without having opted for grandfathering) would constitute an infraction under either s. 91 or 92 of the Criminal Code (Illegal possession).  All of these infractions expose the perpetrator, if found guilty, to a criminal record, to potential jail time, and to the almost certain loss of one’s firearms licence for the future. 

Has anybody ever heard of a criminal getting jail time other than the crime he committed without any weapon charge. Oh,you hear that he is charged with all sorts of extra charges but when he or she goes up in front of a judge he pleads guilty to robbery and all other charges are dropped,,happens time and time again. give them whatever their sentence is for the crime let's say 8 years for bobbery then automatic 5 years added on for weapon used, not a happy meal from MacDonalds,, F**kin B/S,so tired of hearing and seeing it everyday. See another person was shot in Dartmouth on Mount Edward road and he passed away.

#135 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:31 PM

Has anybody ever heard of a criminal getting jail time other than the crime he committed without any weapon charge. Oh,you hear that he is charged with all sorts of extra charges but when he or she goes up in front of a judge he pleads guilty to robbery and all other charges are dropped,,happens time and time again. give them whatever their sentence is for the crime let's say 8 years for bobbery then automatic 5 years added on for weapon used, not a happy meal from MacDonalds,, F**kin B/S,so tired of hearing and seeing it everyday. See another person was shot in Dartmouth on Mount Edward road and he passed away.

Agree but we are different as you know :(

#136 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:35 PM

I had and owned guns since 1966, started out with a Daisy BB gun, had guns ever since, early 80's a friend of mine got me into handguns, owned them ever since. Always locked up, trigger locks on the restricted, ammo locked up in a seperate metel box, took them back and forth to the range on a regular basis in my car, locked in the trunk.

Never had I ever had a visit by the police to check up on storage, never had I ever been asked to open my trunk, never ever been pulled over and patted down for any weapons, so I think the police are pretty relaxed on the firearm issue.

I seen this morning on Facebook we were asked how do you stop drunk drivers, to stop killing sober drivers,, make it illegal for sober drivers to drive, sounds about right with their style of gun control in the federal government. Take our guns but the criminals can still have theirs if they don't get caught with them.

Scary how many cars you meet on our highways that have illegal handguns under their belts. think about it ,,,scary,, we meet them everyday, not just in the cities or north end Dartmouth, or Spryfield, Westthall, all over

Around the same for me around 65or 66  but two storage inspections but only because I was a certified collector then with an idiot anti gun hater  living next to me calling the cops all the time

I'm not willing to take that chance and a lot of guys our age are asking the same question you are WHY

Cheers

Like this poor guy sad.png

Why am I being targeted because of my guns? I have owned all types of gun since age 10 yrs old I am now almost 73 yrs old. Never have I ever used my guns for anything other than hunting and enjoyment at the range I belong to. After spending almost 6 yrs in the army reserves firing all types guns up to anti tank rifles without any incidences.
SO my question to the gun ban issues is "if I have never been arrested or charged with any type of gun crime WHY am I being hurassed by the government?"

Can anyone give me any ideas as to why I am involved in the fist place? Other than owning legally purchased guns with proper government certified training, registration and safe storage.

#137 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:36 PM

Your so right lots of illegal, unlicenced , unregistered firearms moving around in all parts of the province , anyone thinks for a second going right by their very home , has rocks for brains.

There people in life you wish they just sell out , go away and just stop the crying about it , those that gave up long ago , but cant let go of the fact others still hang on , fight and refuse to give in, Just cant give peace and quiet to others who hold on .

Ive never given in since day one , i remember days back hearing even my uncle a retired Staff / Seargent of the RCMP for 32 yrs saying gun control will never take place with criminals, its impossible to stop it no matter what police try , too many ways to get them in the country .

As for the sell outs take the money , go away , buy a violin and go cry a river elsewhere !
Dont have to worry about family selling it of once your dead , cause nothing in this world is worth anything once your dead and gone . Tired of same old banter from cry babies wanting others to give in cause they gave up long ago . Wahhhhh wahhhhhhhh !

#138 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12649 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:27 PM

Who is giving in Wally ??? Big difference from accepting what I cannot change

Yes sir some  Clubs still closed from virus  and others calling members that have not shot in 10 plus years trying to get them back involved and shooting again to keep the lights on and Wally wants those gun owners who don't see it his way or agree with HIM to sell outrolleyes.gif. Why your bud Wardie  won't buy them for what they are worth to resell

Even here on the cape I spent a few hours last week sharing names from an old club yearly order in hope they can get some members back so the new potential skeet/trap club in leaches creek can happen after the june ?? closure sad.png  Broke my heart when I found out the status of so many die hard shooters and reloaders  I shot with, so many now sick or passed on sad.png it blew me away . Oh yes even your other buddy 92 year old CAS was on the old list and kudos to him for still active and shooting in 2021 

This says it all but not to worry return to your " hold on " " still fighting "  position and let those that face reality with a sincere true effort and their pocket book to carry on and like it or not my mileage in this fight does differ substantially  from yours. Glad you are here however it keeps me sharp :)

OdGW3B5.jpg

#139 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:38 PM

I have no clue who this Wally fella is , Senility has reared its ugly head from under that mask thats affected your air supply

#140 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:14 PM

Funny thing is this. As soon as I read the title of this thread, I knew where it would go. "Bring on the money" implies a sense of elation. It probably wasn't the best choice of words Joe because there is nothing about this set of circumstances to be happy about.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users