#81 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:36 PM

Citiots are hard leaning leftists in most cases. They work menial jobs for lower pay (or not work at all)and they see leftist gov't's as their primary saviours. They want to be compensated for their shortcomings and the are in the form of higher child tax credit payments, gst cheques tc. In ther words they are easily bought off. These are the people in subsidized housing paying little income tax. The biggest problem with this is they make up 40% of the population and they tend to show up to the polls on Election Day. The other problem is they always vote left. Unless the other 60% gets out to vote in large enough numbers, we are either going to have minority gov't's of one party or the other or liberal majorities. I say one or the other because we are really just a two party country with a couple of spoiler parties. We'll never see an NDP, Green or Bloc gov't.

Yep I have to agree with you. Not going to get upset tonight :) mama made me get the dirty bird for supper which I have not had in like a year and still New waterford makes the very best of this greasy dish and I should not say it but also cooked now by the UN over there. Man what  hard time I had ordering sad.png

#82 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5197 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:33 PM

Don't have to tell me about the ordering difficulties. Their accents and my hearing issues are a disaster together. One young lady asked me if I'd like to contribute to the breakfast club and I thought was saying "break dance" club. Told her I never heard of the NW break dance club. Anyway, she definitely thought I was a little off by the end of the transaction.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#83 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:56 AM

Don't have to tell me about the ordering difficulties. Their accents and my hearing issues are a disaster together. One young lady asked me if I'd like to contribute to the breakfast club and I thought was saying "break dance" club. Told her I never heard of the NW break dance club. Anyway, she definitely thought I was a little off by the end of the transaction.

Well buddy I sincerely feel for you with the hearing issue. My poor Mrs wears two aids and even though we bought the best we could afford last summer at over 5 grand her hearing is still terrible

She will not even go into some places like you say anymore scared of accents. My hearing is excellent and I struggled last night and still came home with the order wrong but ate what was there

Take care

#84 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:46 AM

Not to take this thread side ways ... but if you paid $5000 for hearing aids ... she should be able to hear. They are mid-range at that price ... but some great technology out there now. Maybe there is a problem with the software  ??? 

#85 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:57 AM

Not to take this thread side ways ... but if you paid $5000 for hearing aids ... she should be able to hear. They are mid-range at that price ... but some great technology out there now. Maybe there is a problem with the software  ??? 

I started it and could not care less about sideways smile.png

These are the newest out  ( as of last year they say ) and she has one of only two or three pair issued here so far. They stopped when two customers started to have issues so we were told 

She is not new to this and aides and these are her third or fourth pair in like 18 years

The last ones were mid range also like 3500 bucks and served her well. They convinced her to up to upgrade to what they said is hot off the press and perfect for her type of issues

She loves the special phone and thing for watching TV she hangs around here neck that came as a free bonus

Marco has a meeting on the 19th with the company in sweden to see what else can be done since they have tried everything they know in there and constantly making noise, not picking up certain sounds and K'n killing batteries

I get her batteries from germany ( best we have found so far ) and all along 10 days was normal these 4 days. They also gave her some of the best batteries they sell to try and they lasted 5 days sad.png

Next week she has an appointment Again to see what sweden said and if cannot be fixed they are replacing them with a different model

I may be wrong but think theses are a widex?? product

Cheers

#86 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:40 AM

As long as they are looking into it for you. Nothing worse than spending that kind of money and still not hearing properly. There are lemons in everything ... just like my old 7400 Remi-semi ... POS gun !!! biggrin.png

#87 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:49 AM

As long as they are looking into it for you. Nothing worse than spending that kind of money and still not hearing properly. There are lemons in everything ... just like my old 7400 Remi-semi ... POS gun !!! biggrin.png

Been going on way too long in my opinion but the mrs won't upset the apple cart and likes the girls in there and been dealing with them for years so don't want to make waves

It stared the first week in august when she got them and despite so many mods, software changes and BS etc etc she is no farther ahead

So bad some days she goes to school with the old ones in since she says these drive her crazy in the classroom with the kids

I want a different model but they are not mine to say

Your mrs would know about the new ones out  if I remember right that she is in that business 

Like I told you before about the 7400. It is the owner is the problem not the gun biggrin.png biggrin.png

Take care

#88 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:03 AM

She deals mainly with Starkey. .... and I will take the blame for the 7400. I was a happy camper when I got rid of that thing. My father in law has a 742 Woodsmaster. Had it for ... going on 40 years maybe ... and has yet to clean it as far as I know. Still shoots and cycles like a new one. 

#89 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:13 AM

Your mrs would know about the new ones out  if I remember right that she is in that business 

Like I told you before about the 7400. It is the owner is the problem not the gun biggrin.png biggrin.png

Take care

Not a lever action so can’t be that good. sleep.png  

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#90 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:06 AM

I have to admit this one shocks me. Calgary is also taking it to council for a vote which would shock me even more but the boys say calgary is not the place I remember any more :(

https://winnipegsun....an-for-winnipeg

#91 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:29 PM

So much for the airsoft guys joining us. Total opposite and trying to distance themselves

Thing is the airsoft community doesn't really get it or care. I was just on one airsoft forum. Someone made the comment "that for the most part, the airsoft community is separate from the firearms community". Same fellow also posted that "every airsoft owner he knows have never owned real firearms so a firearms ban was never a voting issue" and got  full support . What is that telling us in itself? I made a comment regarding those statements and I was basically told to shut up by a moderator. Even the airgun forum sites are sweeping it under the rug and are acting like nothing will happen to them. No debate allowed. No wonder we are in trouble!

#92 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:51 AM

LOL so what do we do. Another petition of course rolleyes.gif. They have worked so well for us

https://nfa.ca/2021/...tion-bill-c-21/

#93 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:54 AM

So much for for time on our side. This will be law by june at this rate

Second reading today

Only one I remember being pushed this fast was the old c-68 sad.png

Agenda for Friday, February 26, 2021

10:00 a.m.
Government Orders
Each sitting day, a substantial portion of the House’s time is devoted to the consideration of Government Orders, which include any item of business proposed by a Minister for consideration on a certain day.

Government Bills (Commons)
Bills concerned with public policy introduced by a Minister in the House.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users