3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:16 AM

Best hold onto your vintage remingtons tightly right now

Collectors are saying since they went bankrupt the demand for the vintage models has been going off the charts and prices increasing daily  to match for good used guns

They say vintage 700 BDL's will be 2000 each by the end of the year if you can find one to buy and old wingmasters will double in value

Cheers

#2 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9420 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:52 AM

Tell Kim to start browsing new lenses  wink.png wink.png wink.png ...she gonna be a wee bit richer  laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#3 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:00 AM

Best hold onto your vintage remingtons tightly right now

Collectors are saying since they went bankrupt the demand for the vintage models has been going off the charts and prices increasing daily  to match for good used guns

They say vintage 700 BDL's will be 2000 each by the end of the year if you can find one to buy and old wingmasters will double in value

Cheers

Had a young fellow contact me from Alberta looking for a used Marlin 30-30. He said nothing out there. Now I would have thought a Marlin 30-30 would be common here. Phoned a buddy who said they are hard to find now. Yesterday a fellow posted that the Henry 308 he bought last year is now 3x the amount. Wonder where prices will be at the end of the year?

#4 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:17 AM

Prices are up on everything and guns even new ones are flying off the shelf, not surprised old guns are getting swept up too.  Everyone is on a buying spree.

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#5 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:33 AM

Prices are up on everything and guns even new ones are flying off the shelf, not surprised old guns are getting swept up too.  Everyone is on a buying spree.

Agree but this is more because of the end of the old true 1816 remington company they say, Collectors are driving this

Even if they reopen with the same name and models the collectors are saying it is like they are no longer true remington firearms  and they don't want those

Sounds like it is going to be like the winchester pre 64 and post 64 craze some day

Cheers

#6 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:46 AM

Tell Kim to start browsing new lenses  wink.png wink.png wink.png ...she gonna be a wee bit richer  laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

Kim don't need any more glass from what is hanging out of her storage place sad.png

But maybe the daughter might be some day get more money   and it helps her with a down payment on a house which is why I kept what I did.laugh.png Many told me the vintage remingtons were a poor choice to save maybe not now smile.png

Christ I wish I had 1/2 of Kim's money sad.png

#7 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9420 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:49 AM

Kim don't need any more glass from what is hanging out of her storage place sad.png

But maybe the daughter might be some day get more money   and it helps her with a down payment on a house which is why I kept what I did.laugh.png Many told me the vintage remingtons were a poor choice to save maybe not now smile.png

Christ I wish I had 1/2 of Kim's money sad.png

you do...in a court of law...lmao

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:01 PM

you do...in a court of law...lmao

Ya right like she would allow me to live long enough to get theresad.png

She just e-mailed me. Don't want any of your suppers today tired of them

YOU are paying to do take outunsure.png and picking it up

Yes I know my place laugh.png

#9 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:55 PM

Had a young fellow contact me from Alberta looking for a used Marlin 30-30. He said nothing out there. Now I would have thought a Marlin 30-30 would be common here. Phoned a buddy who said they are hard to find now. Yesterday a fellow posted that the Henry 308 he bought last year is now 3x the amount. Wonder where prices will be at the end of the year?

There are a few for sale here but the prices are high, around the 1000 dollar mark. Anything less and they disappear fast.

#10 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:07 AM

There are a few for sale here but the prices are high, around the 1000 dollar mark. Anything less and they disappear fast.

Jesus, I got a marlin .30-30 that is 1975 mint condition 1 box through it that I paid $250 for it 6 years ago.  I might have to take invoice of the real world value of my collection now.

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

#11 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:16 AM

Jesus, I got a marlin .30-30 that is 1975 mint condition 1 box through it that I paid $250 for it 6 years ago.  I might have to take invoice of the real world value of my collection now.

Many are not buying as they figure prices are up but honestly if one is looking for something the lowest price maybe right now. Just look at building materials. Things never really return to what they were. In 1980 I can remember buying a 307 new for $300. Today used they are selling between $1100 and $1400. How can they come down when all Winchesters new are closing in on $2000 and they were up before the pandemic.

#12 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:33 AM

Many are not buying as they figure prices are up but honestly if one is looking for something the lowest price maybe right now. Just look at building materials. Things never really return to what they were. In 1980 I can remember buying a 307 new for $300. Today used they are selling between $1100 and $1400. How can they come down when all Winchesters new are closing in on $2000 and they were up before the pandemic.

No money around either. Many are just trying to hold on not buy guns right now

The big drop out west in the oil patch has hurt a lot of people all across canada and then the virus hit to take even more out of their good paying jobs

Terrible down this way the guys home that have not been unemployed for many years some have not had work in over a year or more sad.png

Awful to say but not a bad thing right now to be on a small fixed pension

Have a friend that has made baby barns for like 25 years for his mad money. Quite a few a year and normally has a list right now to make .

Had to stop says no one will pay him for what it costs him now to make one until lumber prices prices drop sad.png which is figures won't be this year and he was buying full skids of plywood and 2x4's to get the best price possible so cannot do any more to get the price down

#13 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:49 AM

Nothing is coming down , theres no shortages in lumber , companies have lots of supply , just using the pandemic as a excuse to drive up prices after arse pick liberals passed put all kinds of money , greed took over everywhere . OSB is up $11 a sheet more in last month and half and will hit the $50 plus tax mark by April/ May . paid $32 plus tax a sheet , it now sits at $43 local plus tax local . Priced roof trusses yesterday $1900 for 13 trusses 24 ft long , same material list to make them from a mill $900 . No brainer there !

Time start dropping some wood for processing . Gun prices are thru the roof , a Ruger M77 new is $2240 plus tax from dealer out west , no wonder used ones are $1000 plus in less than stellar condition . Even budget rifles are now $7-800 easy .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#14 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:40 PM

No money around either. Many are just trying to hold on not buy guns right now

The big drop out west in the oil patch has hurt a lot of people all across canada and then the virus hit to take even more out of their good paying jobs

Terrible down this way the guys home that have not been unemployed for many years some have not had work in over a year or more sad.png

Awful to say but not a bad thing right now to be on a small fixed pension

Have a friend that has made baby barns for like 25 years for his mad money. Quite a few a year and normally has a list right now to make .

Had to stop says no one will pay him for what it costs him now to make one until lumber prices prices drop sad.png which is figures won't be this year and he was buying full skids of plywood and 2x4's to get the best price possible so cannot do any more to get the price down

I have to agree however I was shocked when the guy at the gun counter just told me people are still buying up the guns like crazy. I can't sell one. Must be credit? By the way all firearms are on sale at CT in Greenwood, that's weird.

#15 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:42 PM

Nothing is coming down , theres no shortages in lumber , companies have lots of supply , just using the pandemic as a excuse to drive up prices after arse pick liberals passed put all kinds of money , greed took over everywhere . OSB is up $11 a sheet more in last month and half and will hit the $50 plus tax mark by April/ May . paid $32 plus tax a sheet , it now sits at $43 local plus tax local . Priced roof trusses yesterday $1900 for 13 trusses 24 ft long , same material list to make them from a mill $900 . No brainer there !

Time start dropping some wood for processing . Gun prices are thru the roof , a Ruger M77 new is $2240 plus tax from dealer out west , no wonder used ones are $1000 plus in less than stellar condition . Even budget rifles are now $7-800 easy .

A buddy in CB told me a 2x4 was over $11.00. Maybe we should sell our blindsbiggrin.png

#16 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:44 PM

I have to agree however I was shocked when the guy at the gun counter just told me people are still buying up the guns like crazy. I can't sell one. Must be credit? By the way all firearms are on sale at CT in Greenwood, that's weird.

Wouldn't be surprised if some places will get out of the gun business with new laws coming in all the damn time. Not worth the hassle.  Green Diamond in Halifax did.

bad guy.

#17 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:10 PM

A buddy in CB told me a 2x4 was over $11.00. Maybe we should sell our blinds:D

Yes 2x4x8 is almost $11 plus tax, local mill for full 2 x 4 x 8 is $4 , mill is booked 3-5 weeks out on orders
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#18 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:14 PM

Few seem to be selling on nutz unless something rare or special. Seeing a lot being bumped but no wonder the prices they have on some is crazy IMO

The EE on nutz is flooded with handguns right now and few buying. Lots seem to be dumping their handguns this time :(

And I would say you are 100% right on the credit card purchases

Cheers 

#19 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:16 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if some places will get out of the gun business with new laws coming in all the damn time. Not worth the hassle.  Green Diamond in Halifax did.

Every time another bill is passed we lose a few more it seems

One has to remember they say if a city bans handguns that includes a business selling them there also sad.png which is something never seen in the past

Cheers

#20 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:11 PM

Every time another bill is passed we lose a few more it seems

One has to remember they say if a city bans handguns that includes a business selling them there also sad.png which is something never seen in the past

Cheers

From what I hear 80 people at our club did not rejoin out of approximately 300. Guess fees will now rise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users