#21 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:50 PM

From what I hear 80 people at our club did not rejoin out of approximately 300. Guess fees will now rise.

Yes sir guaranteed sad.png

I mentioned here before last week I was given a chance to go over an old list from one of the clubs where I shot etc. They don't have 20% of the active member numbers we had sad.png even 15 years ago

I could not believe how few was left shooting and   how almost no one ( like maybe 4-6 ) are still reloading  their own plus they are losing the old club this spring, land being sold off

I sure hope many shooters will be convinced to come back and some new ones get involved so they can make the plans for a new club happen in leeches creek

None of my business now but if I was still one of the directors I would be pushing for a new sporting clays set up vs skeet /trap

Another big problem is it is not a cheap sport to get into any more. Christ 8 rounds a week was average for most of us now one would be lucky to afford two sad.png

Sure no waiting lists here like out west for new members at clubs

#22 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:43 PM

Yes sir guaranteed sad.png

I mentioned here before last week I was given a chance to go over an old list from one of the clubs where I shot etc. They don't have 20% of the active member numbers we had sad.png even 15 years ago

I could not believe how few was left shooting and   how almost no one ( like maybe 4-6 ) are still reloading  their own plus they are losing the old club this spring, land being sold off

I sure hope many shooters will be convinced to come back and some new ones get involved so they can make the plans for a new club happen in leeches creek

None of my business now but if I was still one of the directors I would be pushing for a new sporting clays set up vs skeet /trap

Another big problem is it is not a cheap sport to get into any more. Christ 8 rounds a week was average for most of us now one would be lucky to afford two sad.png

Sure no waiting lists here like out west for new members at clubs

I cannot imagine what things will cost with the pushing of electric cars and shutting down oil in the snap of a finger. It makes no sense. In the next 10 years prices will rise 10x and more on what people need to live. Our food is not going to be affordable. This year is eye popping. The sport has lost people because of the government and the cost it brought on. Box of 300 grain 45-70 last fall $55.00. Today $79.00. Remember when you didn't think twice buying two boxes. It almost has become too expensive to shoot them off at the range.

#23 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:06 PM

I cannot imagine what things will cost with the pushing of electric cars and shutting down oil in the snap of a finger. It makes no sense. In the next 10 years prices will rise 10x and more on what people need to live. Our food is not going to be affordable. This year is eye popping. The sport has lost people because of the government and the cost it brought on. Box of 300 grain 45-70 last fall $55.00. Today $79.00. Remember when you didn't think twice buying two boxes. It almost has become too expensive to shoot them off at the range.

Me either. Sure would not want to be starting out today. No wonder the poor kids are still at home in their 30's

Here is one for you. In 74 the old man was reloading the best of 1 1/8 oz 12ga AA hulls, factory 9 shot, winchester primers, 700X  etc for $1.80 a box ( I still have his cost sheets)  . In 2005 other than a claybuster wad vs a factory winchester I could do it exactly the same for $2.70 

So 90 cents a box in 31 years

What would it cost today 16 years later. I would bet at least $7.50 a box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users