#41 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2031 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:51 AM

I saw an ad for a nb spring bear hunt 70% off or $900cdn. Maybe add travel, lodging and food to get to $1500ish. Now if i only had a stash of cash lol
can i go hunting yet??

#42 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:55 AM

I am not a lover of bear hunting or the meat and yes tried both , meat just once from a NS bear

If I was forking out some cash to NB I would love to go spring turkey hunting again

Not sure if they have a non resident tag however at this stage for turkey since 2021 will be the first resident hunt

Cheers

#43 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2556 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 19 March 2021 - 10:09 AM

not a lot of political will, here in NS, for changing what exists in the " fish/game" department - last Spring the govt didnt even want to open fishing season due to Covid. Right there shows the huge disconnect - even after the efforts, over the years, to bring forward the importance/value of fishing.

it's a shame really & discouraging, especially for those that have put tremendous effort into trying to implement change. NS really misses fantastic opportunity.

Check out this link - shows some efforts are working. Also, shows when Wildlife Conflict Stamps are available;

https://nsfa-fane.ca/wildlife-damage/

#44 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 19 March 2021 - 11:50 AM

Some good News today Walter. Bubble opening April 19?? so NB spring bear hunt for non residents will be a go

Good luck up there

Cheers

I was wrong here also after talking to a NB old car bud yesterday and hunting came up.

I forgot if you don't go through a registered outfitter in NB  that has non resident licences available you have to enter a random draw ( or did when we went ) which normally closes the end of february

Worth rechecking since I am going back years here

#45 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3060 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 12:16 PM

My tag is bought and paid for , young fella who graduated from MFCT with my son , his dad is registered outfitter , lodging is no issue , non resident draw is called off this yr , tags are first come first serve . My travel dates are booked and I'll pick up where we left off last yr on our scouting and camp set up , just matter of re-baiting and sit back and relax, nice when friends reach out to help each other , did alot of work last yr for 3 weeks helping build the 2 new camps and get that parcel land prepped as well as scouting .

https://www.poga-nb....nt Bear Licence.
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#46 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 19 March 2021 - 12:24 PM

My tag is bought and paid for , young fella who graduated from MFCT with my son , his dad is registered outfitter , lodging is no issue , non resident draw is called off this yr , tags are first come first serve . My travel dates are booked and I'll pick up where we left off last yr on our scouting and camp set up , just matter of re-baiting and sit back and relax, nice when friends reach out to help each other , did alot of work last yr for 3 weeks helping build the 2 new camps and get that parcel land prepped as well as scouting .

https://www.poga-nb....nt Bear Licence.

Glad to hear. Hope you get a large one

Cheers

#47 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 19 March 2021 - 01:20 PM

They just announced the NS/NB border is opening this Saturday morning. 

#48 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 19 March 2021 - 04:45 PM

MY bud in NB was just saying not like we think. he can come here and not self isolate but if I go there I have to for 14 days

Is that true??

I'll be dammed he is right sad.png WTF is the good of that

Just like residents of Prince Edward Island, Rankin said at a COVID-19 briefing Friday that residents of New Brunswick will no longer have to self-isolate upon arrival in Nova Scotia, however Nova Scotians will still have to quarantine 14days going into New Brunswick.

#49 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:53 AM

See the bubble is in trouble again. Now may 3rd min. sad.png with more restrictions 

Have to run. Time to go out in the snow and plant flowers sad.png

https://www.cbc.ca/n...layed-1.5985112

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users