#21 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:42 AM

I guess what I'm saying is that if the CBSA and Brownell's aren't sure what can come over to  Canada how do that expect a hillbilly like me to know before I order or they could charge me for an offense. Again politics and stupidity on my part I guess.

Charged I would say only if you are a repeat offender but that is a guess

Lose your parts for sure

It really hasn't changed other than a pile of new prohibited parts and firearms have been added and they have to catch up

It is clear here IMO what is required of any canadian hillbilly and this was always in place

Cheers

https://www.internat...q.aspx?lang=eng

#22 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:25 PM

Most all parts like, barrels, actions, optics, receivers, are a no no. I wont even ask. I use to do alot with Rimfire Sports a few years back and now they wont even ship anything to Canada regardless of what it is, they state that on top of there web page,, too bad they had evert thing needed for Ruger mk's and 10/22. great prices and fast service, miss them. I searched lot of sites before I contacted Brownell's,, ordered Hogue grips, mag release, bolt release, needle bottles, and yes they said I could get mags from them, I never bothered cause I can get them here cheaper cause of the dollar exchange. OH Yea and I got one of those Halo bolt pulls cause of my arthritis and I also just got another one but it's just out on one side, both work great but ugly as hell I think but much easier on the hands..

#23 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:14 PM

Alan... is that the big square ring on the back of your bolt you were showing me when I was gracing your doorstep...LOL

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#24 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:33 PM

May of been. can't remember  to be honest with you, if it was the Ruger it probably was then. I bought another one since then and got the bolt assist, this one is just a curved hook that you can put of left or right side. still not the cutest thing but it works. had no problem getting them from Brownell's.

#25 grabbers

grabbers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:58 AM

I have had zero issues with https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ but I have been buying Enfield and Martini parts.  Ive had three order this past couple of months. 

#26 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:03 PM

same here Grabbers...been dealing with Numrich Arms for a looooooong time !

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#27 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:30 PM

It is much better now and like Kevin been dealing with them a long time

Only a few years ago shipping was very high to canada , a $25US handling fee was added and max was 100US for parts

Now shipping is better, handling fee gone and 500 bucks

Cheers

#28 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 07:10 AM

Yea I bought a Marlin 336 butt plate from Numrich few years back cost was $5.00 by the time it arrived I paid out $50.00 at the door. not bad now, just in American funds is about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users