27 replies to this topic

#1 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:23 PM

Anybody have trouble logging on to apply for the moose draw on line, May 3rd at 12:00 noon is the start time they say.

#2 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:22 AM

I tried a few times yesterday afternoon, and already this morning. It’s a no go. If people were “applying” for a vaccine ... I bet the government would right on top of that !! Totally ridiculous.

#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2021 - 07:16 AM

I am sure the CB moose draw is high priority right now for the governmentwacko.png and their voters

Would not be shocked if they cancelled it like most other events

Many of us are so tired and pissed on how it is run we won't even try any more, especially knowing there is way fairer systems out there being used in other provinces. 

Yep luck of the draw my ass

That being said good luck to those still donating their money and I hope you get a tag but 34 plus years trying is enough for me

I know 100% if there was  just three of us in the draw and one tag  me, nomad and another the other dude would get drawn

#4 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:02 AM

Just like Atlantic lotto...ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances....quite simple really

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#5 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:38 AM

Heard the hunt is only going to be for those that live in the Cape this year.  Can't leave your community so no main landers, so should be right up the alley for all the meat cove guys.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#6 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:57 PM

I was able to apply today. $18.50 wasted, I’m sure. Not like I’ve never wasted money before, especially giving it to the government. 

#7 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5260 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:52 PM

Just like Atlantic lotto...ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances....quite simple really

I dunno Kev. In the past 33 years, I've won a little here and there with Atlantic lotto. In 33 years of lotto moose, it's been sfa for me.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:11 PM

Not really I win on atlantic loto the odd time in fact 500 bucks last week on keno

Never even close on the moose draw and could have bought a tag for 2500 bucks some years ago. Told I don't know the right people from a guy on his third

Fair?? when some on  their 3rd or 4th tag and others putting in from the start have not got one

This can be fixed real easy if they wanted to with a draw like NB but they could not careless

Don't get me going I could write a book on this right from the dead guy getting his moose here or the old guy in the home that could not walk and bed ridden for years

Cheers

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:12 PM

I dunno Kev. In the past 33 years, I've won a little here and there with Atlantic lotto. In 33 years of lotto moose, it's been sfa for me.

Makes two of us

Cheers

#10 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:22 PM

Just stating the facts that it's a lottery guys.  I know there's a lot better system that could have been utilized, pools could be started (should have been started) points for every year you don't get picked...there's lots of good/better ideas. The list goes on and on and on (berkley commercial...lmao)

...someone had to put that dead guys name in Joe...pretty sure he didn't do it  tongue.pngtongue.png  same as the guy who couldn't walk..he do it as a joke ? or did someone else do it for him? Some folks have NO scruples...I've met and talked to people who put in for the draw in hopes of getting picked and never use their spot...just to save a moose rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#11 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:40 PM

Just stating the facts that it's a lottery guys.  I know there's a lot better system that could have been utilized, pools could be started (should have been started) points for every year you don't get picked...there's lots of good/better ideas. The list goes on and on and on (berkley commercial...lmao)

...someone had to put that dead guys name in Joe...pretty sure he didn't do it  tongue.pngtongue.png  same as the guy who couldn't walk..he do it as a joke ? or did someone else do it for him? Some folks have NO scruples...I've met and talked to people who put in for the draw in hopes of getting picked and never use their spot...just to save a moose rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

No he put in and died before the hunt and rather than turning in the tag which is what is required he killed his moose from the grave. Other guy was in a home and bed ridden for years but he had a wildlife number which someone in the family entered and he got a big bull and never left his room 

More of that happening than we think on the save

Simple question how do you know your name is even entered and others are not in more than once

Three years ago I entered three times for different zones and times and it took every one just to see what I was being told was true . I asked WTF is going on and was told only one went in. I said BS then give me my money back NOPE never see the cash again

Cheers

#12 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5260 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:45 PM

Suprised the hunt is even still taking place.Isn't the moose population down exponentially?
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#13 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2556 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 05 May 2021 - 05:01 AM

We are lucky to be able to have this opportunity, in this Province. Its a great experience to participate in this hunt. Fantastic time of year in one of the most beautiful places in Canada.  Best of luck to all who apply.

here's the latest stats;

https://novascotia.c...moose-stats.asp

#14 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 May 2021 - 05:25 AM

Heard the hunt is only going to be for those that live in the Cape this year.  Can't leave your community so no main landers, so should be right up the alley for all the meat cove guys.

Talk about stirring the pot biggrin.png biggrin.png

Can you imagine the howling then. Priceless

Have to say I do miss attending the live draws. Man they were entertaining many years when the fights would break outlaugh.png

#15 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 May 2021 - 05:27 AM

Suprised the hunt is even still taking place.Isn't the moose population down exponentially?

Not if you have a helicopter to hunt with and cannot count rolleyes.gif

My bud that cuts them for years was down over 25% last year from 5 years ago , yes maybe someone else did them but not that many in his opinion .Been down for a while but they still had to cull them

Cheers

To me this tells the real story

Effort (hours hunted /moose) over past 5 years
2016       91 hours/moose
2017     124 hours/moose
2018     147 hours/moose
2019       96 hours/moose
2020     155 hours/moose

#16 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:19 PM

Not if you have a helicopter to hunt with and cannot count rolleyes.gif

My bud that cuts them for years was down over 25% last year from 5 years ago , yes maybe someone else did them but not that many in his opinion .Been down for a while but they still had to cull them

Cheers

To me this tells the real story

Effort (hours hunted /moose) over past 5 years
2016       91 hours/moose
2017     124 hours/moose
2018     147 hours/moose
2019       96 hours/moose
2020     155 hours/moose

2016        4 gallons of rum...100 gallons of gas...no moose

2017        5 gallons of rum....48 beers....125 gallons of gas....no moose

2018        4 gallons of rum, 1 gallon of Rye....72 beers...175 gallons of gas...no moose but got 2 partridge

2019       5 gallons of Rye...3 gallons of rum...96 beers...210 gallons of gas...no moose...1 3 legged rabbit (thanks Tim)

2020       6 gallons of rum...5 gallons of Rye.. 108 beers...350 gallons of gas....stayed drunk...don't remember if we got a moose or not

#17 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6129 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 05 May 2021 - 05:23 PM

2018        4 gallons of rum, 1 gallon of Rye....72 beers...175 gallons of gas...no moose but got 2 partridge
2019       5 gallons of Rye...3 gallons of rum...96 beers...210 gallons of gas...no moose...1 3 legged rabbit (thanks Tim)
2020       6 gallons of rum...5 gallons of Rye.. 108 beers...350 gallons of gas....stayed drunk...don't remember if we got a moose or not

You have a serious alcohol problem

You need more!!!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#18 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2556 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:38 AM

LOL - unfortunately, theres likely some accuracy to some of those numbers.

#19 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:30 AM

That's just what I gleaned from talking to some of the guys up in meat cove  ph34r.pngph34r.png

#20 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:32 AM

You have a serious alcohol problem

You need more!!!

The only problems I've ever had with alcohol was runnin out  !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users