16 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 07:55 AM

And so in the news the RCMP never destroyed the gun registry after all. 

#2 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:55 AM

Of course not, but they deleted files related to the NS shooting without question.

It's based on what would help them, registry might help even if data is outdated, NS shooting info nothing good comes from it so *delete.  

So many non-restricted have been bought and sold since 2012 I am not sure how much that info would help the RCMP.  Might help trace a gun back to 2012, they could ask who you sold it to I guess but it was just some guy who showed me his PAL back in 2013 yeah I owned it in 2012. 

If cops want to know where legal guns might be all they need to do is check for a valid PAL.

And besides what 3Macs1 will tell you I have personally walked into a reputable gun store after 2012 simply showed my PAL, no number was recorded, I paid for said gun and left. The gun store updated their ledger with *SOLD*.  I am sure it has happened all over Canada too. I have also personally bought and sold from private sellers and only showed or seen a PAL, I never recorded their name or license number because there is no legal requirement to do so.  Bill C-71 might have been passed but no details of enforcement have been flowed down yet.

I couldn't imagine the mess that would be to try to trace all the non-restricted that have changed hands in 9 years.

But in conclusion the RCMP are trash and not to be trusted.  They do what's good for them, rules for everyone but not for them.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#3 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:57 AM

I read that a few days ago TS...got an Email link from CSSA.

I said that all along. No FN way they got rid of all of that info. QC DIDN'T !! Supposedly only kept what was QC address related. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif 

So...IF those files were destroyed...then how else did the RC's know what houses to target looking for firearms during the High Level floods ?????

They (RCs) were videoed driving past homes in boats and stopped at particular residences and breeched the doors to gain access....muddy wet foot prints all across the carpets all thru the upper levels of the houses...closets trashed  cheap VAULTS forced open and firearms confiscated.  angry.png angry.png

There was such an up roar from the public, some of the local members were issued transfers to another sector in fear of retaliation on them personally or their properties. 

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#4 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:59 AM

Of course not, but they deleted files related to the NS shooting without question.

It's based on what would help them, registry might help even if data is outdated, NS shooting info nothing good comes from it so *delete.  

So many non-restricted have been bought and sold since 2012 I am not sure how much that info would help the RCMP.  Might help trace a gun back to 2012, they could ask who you sold it to I guess but it was just some guy who showed me his PAL back in 2013 yeah I owned it in 2012. 

If cops want to know where legal guns might be all they need to do is check for a valid PAL.

And besides what 3Macs1 will tell you I have personally walked into a reputable gun store after 2012 simply showed my PAL, no number was recorded, I paid for said gun and left. The gun store updated their ledger with *SOLD*.  I am sure it has happened all over Canada too. I have also personally bought and sold from private sellers and only showed or seen a PAL, I never recorded their name or license number because there is no legal requirement to do so.  Bill C-71 might have been passed but no details of enforcement have been flowed down yet.

YUP...did so too !! Multiple times. Been standing at the counter on a dozen occasions picking up other stuff and witnessed the very same thing !!!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#5 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5260 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:23 AM

Meh, mostly useless ink by now. At least a dozen or more I had at the time are now in other hands. I've aquired a few since then as well both new and use. **** Canada's Cowboys and their liberal agenda!
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#6 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:15 PM

OMG what have I and others been saying all along

Just like the guys that burned all of their registration papers not me since I know before I die I will need them again and not paying to get then replaced

Cheers

#7 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:18 PM

YUP...did so too !! Multiple times. Been standing at the counter on a dozen occasions picking up other stuff and witnessed the very same thing !!!

I couldn't imagine the mess that would be to try to trace all the non-restricted that have changed hands in 9 years.

But in conclusion the RCMP are trash and not to be trusted.  They do what's good for them, rules for everyone but not for them.

Cannot control the dark places you shady guys buy your firearms from biggrin.png biggrin.png

Good luck getting warranty which is why the leger was kept when my dad had a shop over 50 years ago and same today with many places

Cheers

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:35 PM

Meh, mostly useless ink by now. At least a dozen or more I had at the time are now in other hands. I've aquired a few since then as well both new and use. **** Canada's Cowboys and their liberal agenda!

Not in my opinion

It f'ked many of us

Doesn't matter what I had or have now here was my big issue

Prior just a guy with a few restricted  guns and a few prohibs no one in town even knew really that I was into guns. No big deal

Then the registry and yes I followed the law and registered everyone I had

At the grocery store a few months later and a cop who lived four doors down comes over and says holy F'k Joe

I didnot know you were such a gun nut

What do you mean?? Well they ran a report for town at work and you showed up in the top 10 for the amount of guns

F'n nice why don't I just put a flag on the lawn and was the biggest reason I sold or returned to the US all my guns that would be of interest on the street

So even though my collection is like 1/4 of what it was then and who cares how accurate the list is. I am labeled for life with law enforcement as a crazed gun nut so I get no knock on the door I will get SWAT

Not to mention say a guy had 100 guns during the registry the odds are real high he still has a lot and if he had no prohibs or restricted like many of my friends prior they had no clue they were even into guns

That is what this registry did pulled us all out of the weeds and made us all known to police right to this day

Just my useless 2 cents

#9 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:45 PM

Cannot control the dark places you shady guys buy your firearms from biggrin.png biggrin.png

Good luck getting warranty which is why the leger was kept when my dad had a shop over 50 years ago and same today with many places

Cheers

Very few shops do warranty work, you also have a receipt that you bought something.  All the warranty work in my experience is the shop tells you to ship it to some place in Ontario which does warranty work on that particular brand, which I have done twice, they have never asked for a receipt it's pretty much no questions asked.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#10 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:48 PM

Very few shops do warranty work, you also have a receipt that you bought something.  All the warranty work in my experience is the shop tells you to ship it to some place in Ontario which does warranty work on that particular brand, which I have done twice, they have never asked for a receipt it's pretty much no questions asked.

Understand. Not much of a shop IMO if they cannot do the work however and ship it out but times have changed as you say and with the junk made by many who even fixes many of them

Then again not many real gun smiths out there either any more

Cheers

#11 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:22 PM

I was not surprised to hear the registry was not destroyed, just like the rest of you.

Too many instances point to the info still available, like was mentioned here.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#12 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:57 PM

I've had a few guns in my day and have never needed to send any away for warranty work. Then again, I own(ed) mostly Brownings, Sako, Tikka and Savages...Any small issues I looked after myself...just wasn't ready to pay the shipping and take a chance on thieves for a < 100 dollar fix.

#13 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:59 PM

same here Ed...quite a few gone in either direction since the "abolishment"

#14 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:07 PM

I've had a few guns in my day and have never needed to send any away for warranty work. Then again, I own(ed) mostly Brownings, Sako, Tikka and Savages...Any small issues I looked after myself...just wasn't ready to pay the shipping and take a chance on thieves for a < 100 dollar fix.

Same here. Do all of my own work. Always have and always will as long as the fingers work and I can see over the glasses laugh.png laugh.png

#15 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9601 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 06:18 AM

no more looking over the glasses...need to look thru them now !!!...mine all say ...+ 2.75  wink.pngwink.png

#16 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 09 May 2021 - 06:22 AM

no more looking over the glasses...need to look thru them now !!!...mine all say ...+ 2.75  wink.pngwink.png

I hear you. Not at that stage yet here. Distance seeing has always been glasses since grade 6 but so far reading is still OK

Cheers

#17 louisbear

louisbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationWindsor, Nova Scotia

Posted 09 May 2021 - 11:26 AM

I hear you. Not at that stage yet here. Distance seeing has always been glasses since grade 6 but so far reading is still OK
Cheers

My eyes are the same as yours only I need to take my glasses off when using whip finisher to complete head on a dry fly as the thread has to be going around in three places at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users