6 replies to this topic

#1 Black Feather

Black Feather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

It was a very sad day on Oct. 21, 2011 when a good friend Jim Gaul past away. Jim was a avid outdoorsman hunter, fisher man, craftsman and woodsmen. He was a very special person and could reach out and touch you in his quiet way. He had a sense of humour and could make you laugh in his serious way.
Jim had a astonishing way of connecting with wildlife and had made a few pets over the years, Big Bird the Canada Goose and Partridge and Mr. rabbit and a few deer and some unwanted bears. Jim was a good woodsmen and like to hunt back in the Big Woods South, and was a crack shot, he liked to do things the old way the right way. Good man with a horse or ox or cattle and cared for his animals, like to work in the garden and putting up his winters fire wood.
Thursday night at camp was one of his favorite nights to spend with friends, telling stories & catching up on news and listening to old time music. The Mountain will not be the same with his passing. May he have gone some where beautiful, fishing, hunting and trapping. He will be truely and forever missed by his family & friends

#2 linnie

linnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

Never had the pleasure but sounds like a great man.
RIP

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

#3 eagle160

eagle160

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Nice tribute to an obviously great and admired friend. Yes he will initially be missed by all who were blessed to know him but take comfort in the fact that as time wears on he won't be missed, instead he will be fondly remembered. That's what we all should aspire to. Hope he's right there with you this season on your wing.

#4 Black Feather

Black Feather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

Nice tribute to an obviously great and admired friend. Yes he will initially be missed by all who were blessed to know him but take comfort in the fact that as time wears on he won't be missed, instead he will be fondly remembered. That's what we all should aspire to. Hope he's right there with you this season on your wing.

Thanks Eagle 160 I will try to honour him by using his strong ethics and integrity.

#5 eagle160

eagle160

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Good stuff Bud! Best of luck. ;)

#6 KPR

KPR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:31 AM

Gonna miss stopping in for a yarn and that lil salute wave on the way by.
Being the animal man he was I don't think the bears were really UN wanted but more ...NOT wanted in his strawberries.
Had the pleasure of meeting the Partridge,didn't know it was a "pet" at the time,stopped to take it's pic and it flew over and landed on the mirror then down to the ground.
Big Bird the CDN goose now he was a bit differant story...safer to stay in the vehicle ... :lol:
I "think" I have pics of him with both the Goose and a deer,I will try and find them when I get home and post them.

#7 Black Feather

Black Feather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

KPR the pic's would be great but the bear I am refering to was before you came to the Mountain 1981, Jim was feeding the yearling bear some bread & sweets but then it starting showing up anytime of the day and making a nuisance of itself and scaring Marie and tore the door off the camper where the sweets were storied because it didn,t want anything to do with a old bass Jim had left out instead, he wanted his sweets. That is how I got to know Jim I was brought in to track the bear with my Blacktan hound Tracker Prince after it was wounded. This is why baiting bears poses trouble for some residents when bait sites are used to near residental areas. Bears are the losers, Jim's blackie was finally put down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users