10 replies to this topic

#1 6mm Remington

6mm Remington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

Where and when are all the gun shows in NS? Firearms Canada does not even list one show for NS and I am having a hard time finding any information online. Thanks for any help.

#2 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2350 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

There only 3 in NS for the year one in Pictou county in the spring and 2 in the fall one of which is in Bible Hill and the other is held at the Waverly legion.
I haven't seen a date announced for the pictou show yet but is usally held in april I beleive.

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori 725 field 20ga

BPS Field

​Remington 1100 std weight 20ga 

#3 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9270 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

I believe it's usually around the first week of april sometime....held at the Michelin Club...Granton Road I think...?
If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#4 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11716 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Are they worth attending is the question. Been years since I have maybe they have improved. I remember hitting one a few times in NB that was worth the drive. Is that still taking place if I recall it was around april or may.

#5 MJN

MJN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationForestburg, Alberta

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Are they worth attending is the question. Been years since I have maybe they have improved. I remember hitting one a few times in NB that was worth the drive. Is that still taking place if I recall it was around april or may.

Most times they are not worth it.... same old rifles and shotguns that they want 3X too much for....That being said I still go to get out for a day trip :P

#6 maku mozo

maku mozo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

The shows can all be hit or miss but I've always had good luck I guess. I've bought a couple of rifles in excellent shape in the last two years, one at a very good price and another one at a very reasonable price. None were overcharged but I knew what I was looking for and the prices that were expected. It's also a good time to hang out with friends and be in the company of other hunters and gun collectors and often their families. That's pretty hard to beat in my opinion.
Member: NFA, CSSA, AMA, MVRRC, Trout Nova Scotia, Margaree Salmon Assoc.

Because I thought I had another moment, I did not become serious.
-Shunryu Suzuki

#7 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2743 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

The Granton show in April is always a good show, I've bought guns, books,and gun parts there.
Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#8 6mm Remington

6mm Remington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Do they have lots of reloading gear? I am looking to get some 30-06 and 6mm rem dies.

#9 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2350 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

yes you would stand a good chance of picking up either new or used dies in those calibers.

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori 725 field 20ga

BPS Field

​Remington 1100 std weight 20ga 

#10 Hfx.Hunter

Hfx.Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

The Sportsmen Show at Exhibition Park (usually held in March) had several dealers last year.

#11 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2743 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

I've seen reloading gear and components at the Granton show, Peter Elliot is usually there plus others with components
Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users