Lost A Great Friend To Our Hunting Community - Personal Tributes - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

Lost A Great Friend To Our Hunting Community

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 buckhunter

buckhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationpictou county

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

I am writing this with a heavy heart. This past monday i lost a good friend and the hunting community lost a friend. mark " moke" Macdoald, or on Nova Scotia Hunting he was known as Wolfman, passed away from heart disease very suddenly. Although he was an all around hunter, he is most well know for his buck that he took in 2010, dubbed Medusa on this site. It was officially [email protected] scored at the sport and rv show in 2011 at a net score of 211 non typ. AT times like this a person doesnt know what to say... what to do.. to elivieate the pain the family is going through. Moke was going to be married today.... May the fourth... but instead his fiance and family will have to lay him to rest tomorow. Please everyone say a prayer for the friend and family, and hold your own just a little tighter in this time of sadness. I will miss u my friend, i hope your sitting on a deertrail above us smiling.
medusa

#2 Radar

Radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationEast Lawrencetown, NS

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

So sorry for the loss, prayers out to his family and friends. All I can say is...WOW.... Rest in peace man.....

#3 buckhunter

buckhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationpictou county

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

542190 350941318302410 137510652978812 977142 640765638 N
Album: moke
8 images
10 comments

#4 buckhunter

buckhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationpictou county

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

been trying to get pictures from the deer gallery to post on this forum but having no luck. if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

#5 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9143 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

Man...this IS a shock !!! Such a tragic, terrible loss. Sooo young.... unbelieveably sad. My deepest condolences go out to his family and fiance. God bless you all !

...I had the priviledge to meet Mark...as did my family, two years ago at the RV Show when he bought that phenominal deer head in to be scored. We were in awe, of the deer and Mark. !. His smile beamed with the mention of hunting. The passion was very real, evident in his words when he spoke. He left a great impression on us, and likely on everyone he met. He'll be sadly missed !!
If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#6 buckhunter

buckhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationpictou county

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

Thanks Kevin, you are right it is too young. He was only 35, with a 7 year old son, and about to be married. A lot of lives that he touched will never be the same again, my own included. I joke, but it is true, my last buck that i shot, i actually was thinking of moke when i was walking up to it laying an the ground. I know i will be doing the same thing the next deer i take, but this time i will have a tear in my eye .

#7 linnie

linnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

R.I.P. Wolfman.
Condolences to family and friends.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11336 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

So so sad only 35. My condolences to family and friends. The old folks always said live one day at a time and every day like your last. Unfortunately few believe that and it took cancer for me to realize how true that was. My heart breaks for his son being only 7. I was 9 almost 10 when my dad died at 36 years old and I can tell you it is no fun growing up with no father. God bless you all

#9 Bear N Arrow

Bear N Arrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:30 AM

My condolences to friends and family.

#10 long-gone

long-gone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4200 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

Very sad news. I reiterate what others have posted. Condolences to his family and friends.
Just reaffirms this : Live hard friends....life is short!
Again, sincere condolences
every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

#11 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

My thoughts are with his family and friends. News like this is always shocking. >Pete

Deer zones in Nova Scotia need to be reduced in size and micro managed by DNR. Zone 107 is too big!! It needs to be cut in half with the Shubie River as a boundry. Areas on the Hant Co side should not be either sex but bucks only with a doe draw, in my opinion. >Pete

#12 readeth

readeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationValley

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

Wow. Thoughts and prayers to family and friends during this difficult time..

#13 Tokala

Tokala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationCumberland County

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

So So Sorry to hear this, he was smiled on by the hunting gods in life may it be the same in the after.... Condolences to his family and friends...Rest in peace Wolfman
"We are a part of nature and not above it" - Grey Owl

#14 heavyweight

heavyweight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

wow so sad ,buckhunter i cant even imagine how this loss feels to you and his family and for that matter all his hunting family.i guess i put the medusa name on that gorgeous buck and shall be something I will always remember again all my condolences to you all!
Its not the mountains ahead that may deter you from your goals,but merely the grain of sand in your shoe

#15 BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • LocationSubject to friendship

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

Sorry to hear of the loss,a blow to the hunting community that we can`t afford. My condolences to the family.
If a man hasn`t discovered something that he would die for,he isn`t fit to live. - Martin Luther King Jr.

#16 KPR

KPR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

been trying to get pictures from the deer gallery to post on this forum but having no luck. if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

buckhunter....how can I help?

R.I.P. Wolfman

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 slinkey

slinkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

Sorry for the loss buckhunter to you and the family and any of his good friends.
R.I.P. Wolfman.

#18 BUCK~KNIFE

BUCK~KNIFE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHuntin'And Fishin'

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

Darn shame we lost this young fella,i met him at the sports show the year he had Medusa on display,first impression was a serious hunter with a GREAT passion for the sport.He was one of those guys you meet once and remember,My wife was surprised at how composed he was for shooting such a huge buck,nothing went to this young mans' head thats for sure.Very nice guy,sory to hear of his passing.

Don
Kids who hunt,trap and fish don't grow up to mug little old ladies..

#19 buckhunter

buckhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationpictou county

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and condolances. Thanks kpr for the help with the pics , anyone who knows how to get the pictures of him out of the deer galery to post on here would be greatly appreciated. Just going to let everyone know that we have been in contact with Big Buck magazine who have agreed to do a story on our friend in the next issue. I do not know of a more deserving person to grace the pages, just hate to see it under such context. But i hope he is smiling looking down on us all now.

#20 still hunter

still hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Rest in peace Wolfman.Such a tragic loss not only to his family but our hunting community.I know many hunters including myself were in awe of him after the Medusa buck and thought of him as a hunting legend.Being struck down at such a young age makes us put more thought into carefully making sure we use what time we have been given to do the things we want with the people we want to do them with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users