#1 Jordan

Jordan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationYarmouth, NS

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

So Saturday me and a couple friends decide to go wheeling in the back of quinan on the dirt road towards meat rock, so we went by meat rock made it to the pit thats up there played around there notice there was like a small tree that was like laying down across two rocks the tree was still green so I picked up on it right away didnt make sence so we decide to check it out, it was someone trying to cover their path we drive down as were going we can see a clearing and im think its some ones tree stand , finally we get to the bottom of the ridge and I spot a barrel, I was likre there someones bear sight and were parked there checking it out i look to my left and theres a big doe hanging in the tree about 10 feet from the barrel guts still in it, been there while cause it smelled awful! looked like either she had just gave birth or was about too she had some big nipples... but anyways it was a little freaky to say the least, the was a bunch of empty buckets painted black for growing I would guess but anyways should I report this to dnr? or just leave it be? I cant see why someone would jus hang a deer there and let it rot?

#2 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5104 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

I would have reported it immediately.If there was illegal activity going on,you might be letting the culprit know the "jig is up" by posting this.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#3 Ghost`Buck

Ghost`Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Maybe roadkill deer used for bear bait??

#4 BUCK~KNIFE

BUCK~KNIFE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHuntin'And Fishin'

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

HMMM,maybe it was a roadkill that someone hung up at their baitsite to get the bears comin',I know a lot of hunters in Quinan,and i don't know any that would waste any meat thats for sure.
Kids who hunt,trap and fish don't grow up to mug little old ladies..

#5 ShoeLace

ShoeLace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

How big were the buckets? no other bait around that you could see??

#6 kris

kris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Likely just a guy baiting bear and had the decency to return road kill back to nature to feed something else besides crows.
It's not a hobby...it's a way of life...

#7 ShoeLace

ShoeLace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

Likely just a guy baiting bear and had the decency to return road kill back to nature to feed some else besides crows.

My thoughts exactly, only thing that really makes any sense. AND if someone was going to poach a deer wouldn't they wanna take it with them? :rolleyes:

#8 Huntwisely

Huntwisely

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • LocationShubenacadie

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Except, you need a permit to pick upoadkill or you are in possession of a deer or whatever out of season...............................

#9 ShoeLace

ShoeLace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

Except, you need a permit to pick upoadkill or you are in possession of a deer or whatever out of season...............................

Right.... Wouldn't hurt to call DNR, if the person who hung it there is Legal it wouldn't matter in the end, better safe then sorry. Seems kinda weird imo, weather its roadkill or not..

#10 long-gone

long-gone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4200 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

I've gotten permission from dnr to pick up road kill for bear bait in the past. I'd guess that's what it was.
every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

#11 BUCK~KNIFE

BUCK~KNIFE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHuntin'And Fishin'

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

I've gotten verbal permission to pick up roadkill from dnr after a deer was hit in front of me,knowing how fresh it was,I used it for dog food,and let me tell ya the dogs loved it!
Kids who hunt,trap and fish don't grow up to mug little old ladies..

#12 Jordan

Jordan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationYarmouth, NS

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

They were 5 gallon buckets most likely used for growing weed, seen this before lol theres only one reason you paint buckets black and make holes it the bottom... I did wanna **** around there anymore just in case someone was growing there, you never know what else could be there... could very well have been roadkill, cause im gonna have to agree with buck knife I know pretty much everyone from quinan and I dont know anyone who would waste meat .. even if it was road kill, maybee it was coyote bait? Or would that keep deer away? Cause deer will eat plants... Im not really sure what to do, I could call it in but they're not gonna know whos it is anyway so what the hell would they do? and if I did call it in and they have a camera hid somewhere i'll be on it and then they'll be pissed at me so there we should take a vote lol

#13 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

It's a grow - op all right !!

That doe was probably eating up their profits so they shot it and strung it up there..as ..A WARNING ...to all the rest of the deer.

Leave our ELECTRIC LETTUCE ALONE.....ORRRRRR ELSE !!!! ;) ;) ;)
If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#14 ShoeLace

ShoeLace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

They were 5 gallon buckets most likely used for growing weed, seen this before lol theres only one reason you paint buckets black and make holes it the bottom... I did wanna **** around there anymore just in case someone was growing there, you never know what else could be there... could very well have been roadkill, cause im gonna have to agree with buck knife I know pretty much everyone from quinan and I dont know anyone who would waste meat .. even if it was road kill, maybee it was coyote bait? Or would that keep deer away? Cause deer will eat plants... Im not really sure what to do, I could call it in but they're not gonna know whos it is anyway so what the hell would they do? and if I did call it in and they have a camera hid somewhere i'll be on it and then they'll be pissed at me so there we should take a vote lol

Exactly why I asked how big the buckets were, I'd leave it at that. Anything like that I keep my mouth shut, some people might not agree, but you could find yourself in more trouble then you bargained for calling the cops or dnr or anyone.

#15 Jordan

Jordan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationYarmouth, NS

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Shoe lace thats boat im in lol That's exactly why im not calling but I guess I shouldnt have said anyhting here lol maybe I should delete the thread...

#16 ShoeLace

ShoeLace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Shoe lace thats boat im in lol That's exactly why im not calling but I guess I shouldnt have said anyhting here lol maybe I should delete the thread...

Yeah im not sure. I'd just leave it as is now, imo.

#17 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

What are we supposed to do..let the druggies go about their buisness so they can get a little more of that sh*t in the schools and around the kids :rolleyes: Like....we really need some more old lady muggings,...swarmings , vandalisms and thefts, all for a few bucks , an Ipod or a ring or two.

We let them have the woods...then what's next,??..... a few maybe a little too close to your backyards, orrrrr...behind your parents place..orrrrr.....down by the lake where folks like to gather ?? That's still OK ?? ...NOT for this cat !! .........cuzzzz....If not for MY own kids and Grandkids...then maybe for YOUR kids !! ...I see em I report em...F*** them all !

If your a closet user...or you just like it, or enjoy it, or your growing for personal use..cuzz it really doesn't hurt anyone else.. :rolleyes: ..then grow it in your own house! Keep it your buisness!
You want to grow it and HIDE it in OUR WOODS. :angry: ..it's OUR buisness then :angry:
If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#18 ShoeLace

ShoeLace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

What are we supposed to do..let the druggies go about their buisness so they can get a little more of that sh*t in the schools and around the kids :rolleyes: Like....we really need some more old lady muggings,...swarmings , vandalisms and thefts, all for a few bucks , an Ipod or a ring or two.

We let them have the woods...then what's next,??..... a few maybe a little too close to your backyards, orrrrr...behind your parents place..orrrrr.....down by the lake where folks like to gather ?? That's still OK ?? ...NOT for this cat !! .........cuzzzz....If not for MY own kids and Grandkids...then maybe for YOUR kids !! ...I see em I report em...F*** them all !

If your a closet user...or you just like it, or enjoy it, or your growing for personal use..cuzz it really doesn't hurt anyone else.. :rolleyes: ..then grow it in your own house! Keep it your buisness!
You want to grow it and HIDE it in OUR WOODS. :angry: ..it's OUR buisness then :angry:

But sometimes by trying to do the right thing, and reporting illegal activity especially drug related can wind people into a bad situation outside of the law. I'm a lot younger then pretty well all on here, and I've learned that sometimes doing the right thing can then become your problem depending on how big of an arse hole your actually dealing with. For me, when it comes to DRUGS i would turn a blind eye. Just me, maybe like I said maybe it's because I'm still a kid, you older folk aren't scared of a big bad drug dealer coming after yas :D

#19 heavyweight

heavyweight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

A grow op that is in use,remember you described the buckets as empty,wont have deer hanging around to attract unwanted attention and smell,nor would they block their entry to spot as it was quite obvious.Perhaps the individual is baiting bear and found these former grow buckets there and maybe useing them for his/her purposes.I remeber going one fall into a treestand and finding the same buckets there only they harvested and left them full of dirt .Tell the authorities and let them handle it,i agree whole hardly with Kevins remarks,wellsaid bud!
Its not the mountains ahead that may deter you from your goals,but merely the grain of sand in your shoe

#20 KPR

KPR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

Holy lord boys...they are EMPTY BLACK BUCKETS.
If it were for growing they would be FULL right now.
It sounds like you stumbled on someones bear bait to me.
Leave it alone,bad enough ya drove your buggies down in there already now ya want to send some CO's in there stompin around getting their scent all over the place too.

Jeesh!! :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users