kris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Getting remarried?
It's not a hobby...it's a way of life...

#42 heavyweight

heavyweight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Not sure why you didn't check the buckets and barrel out a little closer...you checked the doe's nipples for Pete's sake....thats what I was thinking too!Anyway things can get outta hand sometimes ,as most of us hunters have stumbled upon illegal grow ops from time to time afterall hunters and these grows are ussually found in the same type of spots in the wild.Jordan its all good that you noticed something not right to begin with ,these are skills that will help you along your hunting experiences,hope you tag a gooder this year.
Its not the mountains ahead that may deter you from your goals,but merely the grain of sand in your shoe

#43 wibskey

wibskey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1832 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Getting remarried?

Maybe. I have a big Pooh bear down in Cape Breton that keeps throwing out subtle hints. I'm hoping the romance will blossum and I want to be ready. :wub:

Keep your fingers crossed for us... If things work out we'll invite you to the wedding. It will be FABULOUS!

#44 butch

butch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

So Saturday me and a couple friends decide to go wheeling in the back of quinan on the dirt road towards meat rock, so we went by meat rock made it to the pit thats up there played around there notice there was like a small tree that was like laying down across two rocks the tree was still green so I picked up on it right away didnt make sence so we decide to check it out, it was someone trying to cover their path we drive down as were going we can see a clearing and im think its some ones tree stand , finally we get to the bottom of the ridge and I spot a barrel, I was likre there someones bear sight and were parked there checking it out i look to my left and theres a big doe hanging in the tree about 10 feet from the barrel guts still in it, been there while cause it smelled awful! looked like either she had just gave birth or was about too she had some big nipples... but anyways it was a little freaky to say the least, the was a bunch of empty buckets painted black for growing I would guess but anyways should I report this to dnr? or just leave it be? I cant see why someone would jus hang a deer there and let it rot?

I stumbled across this post the other day and it just makes my blood boil to read all the “BULLS**T “that has been posted here. I can’t hold my anger back any longer and am going to post what really happened.

I am the owner of the bear site in question. I had it registered back in 1999-2000 and am still hunting there today. Yes, I had a small tree covering the 4 wheeler track to my bear site, as I wanted to keep all the “Yahoos and Thieves” out, as we all know that there are plenty of those types around today. About 3-4 days before you Yahoos “discovered” my trail, I had re baited the site with a road kill doe deer, obtained legally from Natural Resources, and I hung the doe up a tree at my site. I had two white buckets at that site, one fastened to the base of the same tree as the doe, and that bucket had cooking oil in it. The other white bucket had some food scraps in it, and I just set it by the tree. The black bucket with holes in it to let rain out, is one that I usually put some fish in and hang it up high to keep small animals and out. It is black so it won’t be too conspicuous. There is also a 45 gallon steel barrel chained to a tree, and that barrel has a 8 inch hole cut into it for the bears to get at the bait, it stands out like a sore thumb. My tree stand with ladder and roof overlooking the whole set up stands out quite well too. Those numerous black lumpy things scattered around on the ground, “Hawkeye”, are called Bear scat.
Now, after you Yahoo 4 wheeler cowboys find my path, you sashay right down to my site, not caring if you stink up the site with human and gasoline odors. You dismount, from your critters, and then mosey all around through my bear site. You look around and take everything you see into deep consideration, Lets see boys, theres a tree stand, a ladder, a 45 gallon bait barrel, 3 empty bait buckets, Heavens sake boys one bucket is even black with holes in it, a dead deer for bait and bear poop all around. “YEP SHE`S A GROW OP SITE BOYS, AINT NO DOUBT ABOUT IT”. An extraordinary conclusion “Sherlock”, an outstanding piece of detective work, “ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT”. Then you mount your trusty steeds, and roar off in a cloud of dust, back to Dodge, wondering whether or not to turn me in to Marshall Dillon
Now let us get to the good part. You went into great detail in your post, about what you saw. But it is AMAZING, that, although you could see big nipples on a dead deer, you never once mentioned seeing a “TRAIL CAMERA”. You know the one. The TRAIL CAMERA THAT YOU GUY`S TOOK WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEFT. You have got some kind of Gall, to steal my trail camera and then make this post.
Imagine my surprise when I later returned at a later date, with more bait, to find my Trail Camera stolen. I was definitely not impressed. Sort of spoiled my faith in humanity, you might say. So I immediately reported the THEFT to DNR since it happened on Crown Land. The very professional ranger that I dealt with, put 2 and 2 together from other information that he had, and got my camera returned from you guys, under a “no questions asked” deal. At least I got my camera back, but unfortunately you got lucky and avoided criminal charges. But I bet it sure was embarrassing to have to hand over the camera,. Wish I could have seen that. LOL
“OH” By the way. I have some nice pictures of you guys messing around my site. Really like the one where one of you has a leak beside my bear bait. Thanks for that. I will let you know if it draws them in. Maybe if I see you around my site again I would be able to show you the pictures, or maybe I could just post the pictures on the site here when I get home. Yes, there has been some “WEIRD ****” going on in Quinan, been a lot of camp break-ins too. My friends and I will be keeping and eye out for you cowboys, maybe our trails will cross in the great outdoors, and we can have a hands on experience while discussing this a little further. Till we meet again, Happy Trails, “Partn`ers”

#45 Tokala

Tokala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationCumberland County

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

WOW Sounds like Somebody just got his A$$ handed to him Glad you got your stuff back butch!!!!
"We are a part of nature and not above it" - Grey Owl

#46 eastcoastsoxfan

eastcoastsoxfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

too funny!
Sorry for you Butch to have to go through that.

#47 Tokala

Tokala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationCumberland County

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Shoe lace thats boat im in lol That's exactly why im not calling but I guess I shouldnt have said anyhting here lol maybe I should delete the thread...

LOL :lol: LMAO :P I'd Say LOL
"We are a part of nature and not above it" - Grey Owl

#48 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Those numerous black lumpy things scattered around on the ground, “Hawkeye”, are called Bear scat.

Hey Butch..glad you got your trail camera back, but not sure why you made the above comment directed to me though???? I know what scat looks like. Maybe reread my post again.
I never killed a buck with the shot I didn't take!

#49 wibskey

wibskey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1832 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hey Butch..glad you got your trail camera back, but not sure why you made the above comment directed to me though???? I know what scat looks like. Maybe reread my post again.

I think he was sarcasticaly referring to Jordan as a hawkeye... replace hawkeye with Sherlock... Could be wrong though. :unsure:

#50 novacam

novacam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationColchester

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

and that was Butch's first post...beauty!

#51 butch

butch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Sorry Hawkeye,I was not refering to you at all. I was refering to the uncanny eyesite of the people involved, that they could see what they wanted too and ignore the obvious. Never even thought that there might be someone on this site with that name. Please accept my apology

#52 hotwire

hotwire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationAuburn, Kings County, Nova Scotia

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Butch I'd like to welcome you to the site and hope you will stay.I feel bad about the way some on here posted but that goes along with public forums and people giving wrong or only part of the information in their original and follow up posts. Very glad you got your camera back and hope the people involved have learned something from this. Like I said welcome to the site.
Teach others to enjoy and respect nature.

#53 Cranky Pants

Cranky Pants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Glad you got your camera back and got to "out" the thief as well!

From the way you describe it, sounds pretty easy to recognize it as a bait site.

I guess this finally answers the question of are people on here stealing cameras/ equipment. We all thought it but now it's definite.

#54 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Butch, Welcome to NSh and thankx for setting the record straight. Glad you got your camera back. You're one of the very lucky few who ever does. Too bad you couldn't lay charges tho. GD Thieves...We've lost a lot of chit over the years...NOTHIN ever came back!

it's a funny kowinkydink that this thread resurfaced again ...6 weeks after it started !! What I find soooooo ironic is that, while it was inactive on here, some other chit was very active. ;)

I recently found out that a "DOPE GROWER" WAS / IS lurking here and took offence to a post that I made regarding my opinion on DRUGGIES and their illegal operations. Apparently I struck a nerve !! ;) GOOD !!! Must be more than personal use or medicinal grower....a little more than THAT at stake I'd say !!

They passed a message around thru the grapevine, telling me to stay out of Stewiacke or else.. :rolleyes: ..heh heh heh heh. :D ...CHUCK U FARLEY :angry: ..I know you'll be lurking here for updates, soooo..I'll pass this info on to YOU, YES YOU...this is first hand, straight from the horses mouth too. That way, there'll be NO mistakes coming thru the grapevine..to YOU !! .
I WILL be deer hunting in Stewiacke this season. Enjoying myself, Like I always have.

You have to remember, loose lips sink ships and it shouldn't take too much longer before the rest of the puzzle comes together. starting to make some sense. ....Stay tuned ;)

....we now return to your regularly scheduled " sh*t show " :lol:
If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#55 birdboy

birdboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Locationpictou

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

well played..... well played

#56 Cooley

Cooley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPlymouth Park (New Glasgow) now Kentville NS

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

welcome to the site and i must say WOW that was pretty funny... glad you got your camera back....funny how some parts of the story were left out...i would love to have been there to see that as well.

so no one tell jordan where you have you **** i guess.

#57 heavyweight

heavyweight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Very glad to see you got your Camera back Butch,sorry you had to set any record straight .but glad you did,shame on the thieves ,let this be a lesson to all you would be thieves.After all this how ya makin out Butch with the site now ,any takers please excuse the expression ,all the best to you with your venture!
Its not the mountains ahead that may deter you from your goals,but merely the grain of sand in your shoe

#58 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2711 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Butch, glad you got your camera back.
Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#59 MJN

MJN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationForestburg, Alberta

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

Butch, glad you got your camera back.

X2.....Welcome aboard.

#60 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Nice going Butch. Hope you get a big ole bear and that you find a special person's lawn to dump the entrails on. Welcome to the site !
I never killed a buck with the shot I didn't take!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users