#1 oneshot

oneshot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHANTS COUNTY

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

Just wondering if the re has been any word / headway made on any changes to the use of Cross - bows in regards to seasons ? I know what the answer must be as I have not seen anything actually posted either on this site or anything in the News . I also realize that it does take timke to get through the Polictical aspect of changes within the Hunting community but just how much time or how long are we expected to wait . Maybe if we are made wait long enough the Crossbow community will go away or just leave things as they are . I find it very frustrating having to wait for changes / answers one way or the other a yes or no I believe is all that is required in regards to most questions and work the fine details out in due process . Jumy thoughts but I do welcome any and all replies to my bit of a rant.

#2 Trapper Gary

Trapper Gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4336 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

I believe some one posted this years regulations will be posted in September.
When non members do web searches on subjects, some times your opion posted on this site gets noticed, and can give another perspective !

#3 Ian

Ian

Gone Fishing!

• Moderators
  • 1857 posts
  • LocationHRM & PEI

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

We (NSACH) had a meeting with DNR back in the beginning of the summer and as of that time no definitive answers were given with respect to the implementation of expanded crossbow hunting opportunities for whitetail deer. The deputy minister suggested DNR would "double their efforts" to finalize and implement the expected changes that would allow crossbow hunters an opportunity to pursure whitetails outside the general open season.
The good news is there is no biological reason not to expand upon our request. The bad news is our request is not seen as high priority therefore its getting bumped around (down the stack) alot.
The NSACH and the crossbow hunting community is not going away. We will keep up the quiet pressure until we see this particular item through to the end.

Lots of good things will be coming out of DNR (wildlife) over the next few years. Get involved and effect change! You will be glad you did!

#4 BUCK~KNIFE

BUCK~KNIFE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHuntin'And Fishin'

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

Best of luck ,I hope to see a crossbow season as well,then i'll get a crossbow to hunt in that season.I would love another season to try out another weapon.
Kids who hunt,trap and fish don't grow up to mug little old ladies..

#5 KPR

KPR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

I find it very frustrating having to wait for changes / answers one way or the other a yes or no I believe is all that is required in regards to most questions and work the fine details out in due process .

Imagine how frustrating it is for the people working/pushing to get the changes to happen on your behalf. ;)
The Crossbow Assoc is holding a meet and greet next weekend...drop by and show your support for their efforts...

http://novascotiahun...176#entry102176

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users