• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shawn B

Shawn B

NSFAH Fundraising Coordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationNew Germany / Union Square (zone 103)

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

This coming weekend is the fall 2012 BOW workshop, and I was wondering if anyone (or their significant other) is attending? Laura, my better half is and I am pretty damn stoked that she is doing it. She is an awesome shot and got her Doe draw this year (1st time hunting).

I am most happy that she is taking the fly fishing seminar. My hope is that she can teach me a thing or two afterwards.

Anyways, if you are going, have fun and play safe. If you have a significant other going...............you're a lucky man. Like me.

http://www.gov.ns.ca/natr/outdoor/

oops mispelled the post title. Damn apple cider! :blink:

#2 Swedgen

Swedgen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationNorth River

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

My daughter just turned 5. She's too young yet to take along on a hunt, but I do take her out scouting with me and she helps me keep an eye out for grouse, deer, coyotes, or any animal for that matter. Sometimes she claims to see animals that I'm pretty sure weren't there, but I'll act excited and tell her good job. So far this fall we have seen several grouse and woodcock, a few deer, and one coyote (her favorite!). I hope her interest continues as she gets older and I will love it if I could take her hunting someday.

But I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than take my wife along. :lol:

#3 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9143 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

My daughter just turned 5. She's too young yet to take along on a hunt, but I do take her out scouting with me and she helps me keep an eye out for grouse, deer, coyotes, or any animal for that matter. Sometimes she claims to see animals that I'm pretty sure weren't there, but I'll act excited and tell her good job. So far this fall we have seen several grouse and woodcock, a few deer, and one coyote (her favorite!). I hope her interest continues as she gets older and I will love it if I could take her hunting someday.

But I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than take my wife along. :lol:

BEEE careful what you wish for ;)
If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#4 eh class

eh class

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

I have a couple of friends and "shooting buddies" going , one of them has been to one previously , both are looking forward to it !
I don't need to wait for hunting season , I shoot year round

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users