Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Winchester 88 lever action in .308 for sale. The action is in great shape and not sloppy. The appearance of the gun is fair. This is due to my 80 year old Grandfather trying to refinish the stock without disasembling it. It looks like rust pitting but is actually a varnish. The gun is rust free and comes with a Tasco 3x9x50 scope that is like new. A great deer rifle that could be cleaned up to make it look good. I looked up the serial number on the Winchester website and it was made in 1961. The revised price based on information supplied by fellow members is $550.00.

I'm located in Masstown, NS. Wood Bicycle handlebar Trigger Bicycle part Air gun Bird Wood Grey Flooring Floor Bird Wood Grey Line Flooring

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If i was s lever fan id be all over this as your too low on the price side. Most are going for 2 to 3 times your asking price

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Given condition, I think you are undervaluing the rifle by at least $300 If not for the refinish issues, it would fetch a grand or more.

Reactions: greybeard

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew that I had a more than fair price on it. I haven't been active on here for quite sometime. It might be best for me to rethink selling it. Thanks for your honesty.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
Used gun prices have gone off the charts in the last two years for these quality vintage ones Nomad is bang on I would say
Take care and nice to see you post
Joe

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
good to see you back posting Lurch !!! Edit your price and wait for the right person who wants it.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
Lurch was the only guy I have ever met that seemed to buy more choke tubes than I did :)
Man he had them all and mostly high end ones I may add
Wonder of he still reloads steel
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts