Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
1 oz of shot...18 gr of Longshot will give him 1220 fps for those gun clubs ( from Hogs data site)

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Makes sense to hold on to them mac. Thanks kevin thats awesome. I have the lee load all thats bench mounted. If you have any hulls and or wads youd be willing to sell that would be great. I havnt been able to find any 20g hulls locally and am not 100% sure what to order or where from. I have 2 boxes of w 209 primers and 1 box of cci 209 primers

I stand corrected Joe my RCBS book shows one only 1 1/8 load for the 20 ga Federal 2 3/4 inch paper base hulls as well as three 1 1/8 oz loads for the Fiocci 2 3/4 inch hulls with the plastic base wad

I stand corrected Joe my RCBS book shows one only 1 1/8 load for the 20 ga Federal 2 3/4 inch paper base hulls as well as three 1 1/8 oz loads for the Fiocci 2 3/4 inch hulls with the plastic base wad
Have never tried either so have no idea just know I could not do it with winchesteres or remington at the time without fiber wads and not a common thing to do with a 20ga 2 3/4

I have the data here for those 3 in Browning hulls (( IF they're Winchester HS style )) just look inside you should see a white cup sitting in the bottom...coming up the side of the hull about 5/8 inch

Great reloading information:

Question one: what type of shotgun are you using, what barrel length and what choke(s) do you have?

What are you hunting? Ducks? Grouse? Pheasant? Woodcook? ????

What kind of shotgun are you using?

What is your normal shooting distance?

Do you normally shoot gun up or gun down?

Apologize for the questions as load recipes may vary.

Yep but fixed choke are they not which makes patterning difficult
Yes . I think they were available with fixed full and mod and possibly ic chokes . I would have look in one of my books to 100% sure .they also came in a couple different barrel lengths.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.