Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its about time for this topic again...What zone will u be hunting? What Will you be using? What deer are you after? All the good stuff....Plus How many of you r going to ur or a buddys deer camp? Best of luch this season
Tyler MacPherson

I will be hunt zone 110, using my 30-30, .308 or the .30-06, after any buck really...doesnt matter as long as it has horns......Probably wont hit a camp till November sometime!

·
Registered
161 Posts
G/l guys this season..if any of you are going by my place "economylake" thats my camp as you go by
stop in and say hi, have a coffee or beer and shoot the sh$#. I'll be doing the tour also visiting
some of the other guys on here..have a beer ready coonhound and the boys ready for me..hopefully we
all get that buck we are looking for..be safe guys!...Sean

·
Registered
210 Posts
I plan on going to my treestand in Cape Breton, I will be using my 6.5x55 and I will shoot the first buck that walks out. If you see one on the first day you better take it because you never know if you will see another one all season.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll try a few days in the stand on our piece in zone 106, but it is rough overgrown country so I wont put one down unless it looks good. Mostly just interested to see what is moving around the property, have seen recent coyote sign so I am half hoping to get a shot at one. We have also planned a trip to my Brothers farm in zone 103 - near Keji for later November. I suspect a few tags will be saved for that trip since it's wide open spaces, easy retrivals, the deer pretty much walk into the back of the trucks
Carrying an old 30-30 winchester on the eastern shore, probably use a scoped 303 on the farm.

Good luck everybody

·
Registered
163 Posts
Heading over to CB remembrance day week... Taking the 38-55 to go walking or the 308 for the field blind... Buddy has an old farmhouse which we're renovating and will stay there this year... Building the cabin in the sky next spring... Might spend the opening day around home in area 107 ... Probably hit the duck pond though.... IT's all GOOOOOD.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'll be hunting in various places in 102 this year. Everything from stand to ground blind to still hunting. Taking the old Mauser 308 with as my thunderstick this year. I'm just looking for freezer meat, two does or a buck and doe, doesn't matter much to me this year. We have a nice cozy camp on one of the pieces I hunt on and am hoping to spend a couple nights away from civilization.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Took a nice Spike with my bow during bow season, now I'm going to try and take my bonus doe with a shot gun & buckshot.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i'm out in 103 carrying mossberg 500 slug gun, looking for my first deer so doesnt matter much for me looking for meat!
Good luck on your first deer. I am in your corner. I am off to my camp tomorrow morning. Just returned and checked the card from the Cam. No Deer since early Monday morning, not sure what is up with that? However not changing up, I have had them there. I will be there by myself Thursday and Friday nights with my bud coming in Saturday for the entire first week, Should be a blast. I drink beer in the evening and he watches me...LOL
Great guy.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I dunno but does that sound kinda "scary" to anyone else?...LOL
Leave it too you to dissect a harmless post, nope nothing scary KPR, just I drink a few Beers in the evening as I am sure most here do and my bud does not drink at all, however, as we play card he picks on me as I miss the occasional 15 two.

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
Well now just friendly banter ya know...
I just thought I'd start pickin on ya early is all

LOL

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
i will be in the swamplands of the heavyweight,and if by the sounds of the blowin and wheezing i got this am from some ol buck about thirty yds away when i was hangin that buck lure tinks over his scrape it should be interesting!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I'm heading out to the Cape tomorrow evening...first time in 8 years or so I've been down to hunt.
My brother is taking his friend's motorhome, and we'll be parking it in the fields.
I hope to have a chance to see MTB 007 from the site (my cousin)...

Down Judique way, they used to call me "The Bowhunter"...I wonder if they'll still remember who I am?

Bob

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well now just friendly banter ya know...
I just thought I'd start pickin on ya early is all

LOL
I did not take it any other way, Neil, just through it back at ya. LOL
Good luck to eveyone the first couple days, whether you hunt from camp or from home.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Not getting any great pics of deer yet but i know they will be there just a matter of time but i'm getting super pump.Good luck to everyone on the deer season.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Less than 12 hours to go hope every one has a safe season and good luck.

·
Registered
898 Posts
anyone else getting excited yet? I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. Might have to knock myself over the head to shut my mind off and tape my trigger finger to my middle finger to keep it from twitching all night.

been in the stand for almost a month now and I can't wait to get on solid ground and maybe do a little walking if the ground blind bores me.

Good luck to everyone heading out tomorrow, or any day for that matter. have fun, enjoy the wilderness, and most importantly...ensure the safety of yourself and others in the woods. KNOW YOUR TARGET AND BEYOND.

1 - 20 of 507 Posts