Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
In from the camp to have a shower, depated, but had to. Yesterday was over 20 Degrees up at my camp, just like summer time, I went for a very long walk, plus I had to have the stove on to cook supper, lets just say I was a bit sweaty, luckily I am not far from my camp. Just a Doe and fawn this AM, Great to see they are active again. Strangely there was not a shot heard anywhere in my rea. Just as well,way to warm to be handling deer meat today.
Off now and will not return, unless...

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
Well c'mon guys!!!
Whatcha seein?
I went for a boat ride this morning and saw two.
Man if I can spot em in a boat on the water.....must be a few around...

Keepin em safe from Sea's N Trees

J/k they were a little below Clyde's camp

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Was out first thing and had a nice 4 point walk broadside in front of me at 50 yards but it was 3 minutes before legal time. 10 minutes later watched a nice doe and fawn feed to my left at 30 yards for 6-7 minutes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My first time deer hunting was this morning. Had a group of 4 does and fawns wander through. Only the fawn presented a shot so no luck for me today. I'm far from disapointed though. Just seeing them up close (they walked under my stand) for the first time was great. I think the mom busted me though as she was snorting up a storm. Plus I have a nice 8 point and 11 point on the trail cam. I'm hunting zone 107 in Middle Sackville. I heard one shot around 8am near where Barrett lumber has been loggin lately.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got back in the blind got out for lunch, been here since dark this morning haven't seen anything yet or heard any shots, gonna try and stay till dark,

I never though I would say that I am glad the girl friend convinced me to get a blackberry, sure helps pass the time. Lol

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
well am proud of myself today ,didn t pull on the six at 9 20 this am,was fun to watch him and a doe and doe calf eat all the food,Restocked it before i left at 10 30 am,hope them and all the ***** enjoy.went to other stand 15 minute walk and low and behold where i harvested last year,my suspicians were right .a good sized bear has appeared where i couldn t raise one earlier,he ate lastnight alot of grub ,so i ll restock and sit on him tonight!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Just got back in for some lunch and to rest my feet for a bit then heading back out at location #2 for the evening hunt. Didn't see anything this morning but heard no less than 6 shots from sunup until noon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
didnt see anything this morning going to bait up but will not go out tonight due to work....heard bout 4 Shots....good luck cant wait to see deer pics when i get home!

·
Registered
664 Posts
....seems like the warmpth has slowed them down a bit. Noticed all too much night activity latley on the camera. Warm in the day, cold at night and bright moon...
but looking very forward to getting out for at least a short sit tomorrow! Good luck all.
Trav

·
Registered
622 Posts
missed a big yote this morning
but my buddy nailed a nice 10 pt. that feild dressed at 215lbs. so see what happens this evening

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well c'mon guys!!!
Whatcha seein?
I went for a boat ride this morning and saw two.
Man if I can spot em in a boat on the water.....must be a few around...

Keepin em safe from Sea's N Trees

J/k they were a little below Clyde's camp
lol...well that area is well covered, they won't be safe for long..saw a couple in the apple pile this morning but no horns...no shots to be heard anywhere

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm heading out to the Cape tomorrow evening...first time in 8 years or so I've been down to hunt.
My brother is taking his friend's motorhome, and we'll be parking it in the fields.
I hope to have a chance to see MTB 007 from the site (my cousin)...

Down Judique way, they used to call me "The Bowhunter"...I wonder if they'll still remember who I am?

Bob
Ah, I wish I was home just for deer season, it's killing me right now not being in my stand and just the feel of hunting.. argggg! .. Good luck Bob!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Hunted almost every day of bow season.....nothing since first day....not even a tail....hunted since dawn today....stalking...sitting....places I used to always see deer....Nada....

Lots of time left but I gotta cover some new country....time to explore...

Good luck to all!! Pics would be nice....at least to remind me what they look like!

Butch

Done for this day.....life got in way for the evening walk!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Going to try to post pics that I just added to my gallery...bear with me.
This is the first buck I have every seen in my area:

This is the bigger one:

Lots of does and fawns. No idea if I'm seeing the same 7-8 or 30 different ones at this point.

21 - 40 of 507 Posts