Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Aug 15 we are again holding a major HUNTER ED IN Stanley STARTING AT 8:00AM as in Other years there will be shooting instruction at the range , skeet shooting, bow, crossbow and tree stand. Will be meeting at the pit site to start and have lunch . Hopefully the weather will be nice. Bring fly repellant and sunscreen.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Thanks for putting this on guys!!

The young fellow is looking forward to it.

Personally not looking forward to the driving each day but would not miss this opportunty for him. Gonna make a family day down there Saturday and go to Smileys Park and such but don't know what I am going to do Sunday. Anyone up for a round of golf ? lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have not golfed yet this year but could give it a try....free camping in the smileys area certainly possible if that helps anyone out too.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Linnie..your gonna pop by the range on Saturday I hope ?.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Any ol time Butch !!! lmao

Be glad to see ya again !!

Reactions: hairy_one

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kevin do you have a raised front rest for the students to use. My sandbag one dissolved after our day there last year.Ps the event was cancelled but there was 10 kids plus15 adults shooting there for the day.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
YUP...I have the tri pod rest for the front bag, have the rear bag(s)....the Tikka 223 has the bi-pod on it all ready.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great Kevin we don't have one in the assoication, right now .I will be bring the long range shooting system and the weights. Are you bringing the 17 this year ? also I have A portable BBQ and some venison sausages For the range crew and who ever Ps I hope Tim brings the 44mag.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
yup...17 will be on hand too. I was gonna get some more shoot N sees and let the kids put their names on em when their done and take them with them

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ifn it rains I'll bring up the dinning shelter and put it over the shooting rest If not I might set it up for some shade. I was going to bring up my30 30 but I think we have enough different firearms. Yours 2, 22 semi autos Tims 44mag, the single shot 22 trainer open sights also Richards 308. Water Bottle challenge again. Hairy_ one hope to see you there

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I have not golfed yet this year but could give it a try...
Hey Alpo,

Currently in physio with my back but will send you a PM Thursday if it is feeling better and you are interested. Any particular course ?

Linnie..your gonna pop by the range on Saturday I hope ?.
I'm hoping to. Even have an excuse ready :D , going to the eye doctor Friday to get tested :lol:. I'll have the wife and daughter with me so just trying to get some sort of plan together but would like to meet up.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weather looks good plus hot on Sat .I guess I'll be bringing one of our Mentored youths with me on Sat. :D Parents will show up laterWill be making up some of my double target hangers. 50cal smoke poles have chewed my old ones up.Kevin are you bringing the gopher again this year?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
ill be there

.44 and a smoke pole

camper for shade and weather shelter

hounds for company fri night so if anyone wants to visit cmon up ill be there last 2 spots fri night and staying over for sat morn

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll Bring the BBq and some venison saug +bun Honey mustard Remember to you all :eek: What happens on the range stays at the range :ph34r:

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Lard jeeeezzus by's....we gonna be chootin or eatin ??? ^_^ ^_^

LR.....I'll bring the ol swinging gopher too.

Gary...or Mike...do you need a second clay launcher( the one we had screwed to the tables at the duck blind last year)

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Sounds good Gary. I guess we'll see you guys on Saturday.!! Lookin forward to it !!

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
steve....do you have the 22 ammo ??

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Answered you on mail post last year the kids were firing 8rd clips on after another 25y out to 70y on different targets. We had them counting shots two so no dry fires.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts