Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing nobody has started one for this year i did. And yes today i arrived 3 pm at the most active blind ie 10 deer in one trailcam photo this year..started by to light gruntscalls,1/2h then a doe call,1/2h went to anothe light grunt cal 2 min latter i had a y buck looking for me.:)Chocolate brown70y i took a Quatering away shot with the smoke pole.the instant i fired he disappeared 4:30pm. Crawled down out of the blind walked to the spot no blood or hair?????Looked down the trail all the other smoke pole hits went and seen a drag mark stayed on the drags for 5y then clood then 5ys blod everywhere on the trail as i got to the 20y mark blood trail leading into a high thicket acoss the end of the swamp. then the blowing started.that deer was howling for 5 min . I had my brother on the phone listening to it. Reloaded the smoke pole and then it got quiet, loked up in to the trees and there he was dead. He had gotten stuck between to trees. piled up inthe dieing circle on this trail. He taged and bagged and in my garage by 7pm.:giggle:90lbs of tender meat.

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Grats Steve !!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Congrats. Hoping to head out today. Had a little stumbling block this week, got hauled in for laser eye surgery. Old eye is not feeling the best, hoping it comes around today. Good week of temperatures coming up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, here.s an update noticed it was a 5 pointer not a y buck. . Right know he been skinned and 2 :)halfs are in the cooler at 35 degrees. you can tell we don't pay much attention to the horns.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Congrats Longrange. Thanks for posting your story. That's the best eating venison you could have. I'm like you...antlers don't mean much.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Congrats long Range!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Congrats. Hoping to head out today. Had a little stumbling block this week, got hauled in for laser eye surgery. Old eye is not feeling the best, hoping it comes around today. Good week of temperatures coming up.
Ha ha- waiting for my phone call, getting the lens replaced in both eyes. Who’s you doc?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Ha ha- waiting for my phone call, getting the lens replaced in both eyes. Who’s you doc?
Dr, Magdalena Kujath. My original doc was Scott, believe he retired because of covid. I was a bit worried, took her four attempts, eye is still pretty sore. Not sure it went as well as it should.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts

Dr, Magdalena Kujath. My original doc was Scott, believe he retired because of covid. I was a bit worried, took her four attempts, eye is still pretty sore. Not sure it went as well as it should.
Take care of your self and slow down until it is healed
Don't know much about it other than what my mom had done first eye never knocked a tick off her then later the second took a long time to heal and was quite sore for a long time but eventually came around hope yours is the same
All the best

Congrats to the Op on the buck

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
" took long time to heal and was quite sore for a long time...hope yours is the same now ".....that wasn't very nice Mr Cheerful ;)

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
" took long time to heal and was quite sore for a long time...hope yours is the same now ".....that wasn't very nice Mr Cheerful ;)
I'm sorry Thunderstick it is not what I was trying to say but see it as Kevin posted somewhat he left the came around out however :rolleyes:
I wanted to say hers took a long time to heal and was sore for a long time but in the end it was fine that is what I want for you
Not pain for a long time and then a bum eye
We beat each other here for sure but never would I want you to experience any pain or lose your eyesight
My apologies for not being clear
Especially when you won't get a vaccine and grow a third eye :p
Joe

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
The coyotes are sneaking in on my right side now (bad eye) there smart:)
I'm sorry Thunderstick it is not what I was trying to say but see it as Kevin posted somewhat he left the came around out however :rolleyes:
I wanted to say hers took a long time to heal and was sore for a long time but in the end it was fine that is what I want for you
We beat each other here for sure but never would I want you to experience any pain or lose your eyesight
Joe
I
Joe
I never took it that way, leave to Kevin to always be examining everything.:) Had a blocked drain in my eye. They stuck one of those spigots in it for tapping maple syrup.

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
The coyotes are sneaking in on my right side now (bad eye) there smart:)

I

I never took it that way, leave to Kevin to always be examining everything.:) Had a blocked drain in my eye. They stuck one of those spigots in it for tapping maple syrup.
I really don't have much of an option...with the full time job of baby sitting you guys I have to

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I really don't have much of an option...with the full time job of baby sitting you guys I have to
Only because you are new to this admin position and haven't figured out how to handle us yet like others do:D:D
Skin Hand Photograph Eye Smile

·
GREYBEARD
2,927 Posts
Ouch ! now that is a job I wouldn't want.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Well, take’em took one on September 18th. I passed on this guy and another 8 on opening day as I was waiting on a huge 10 to show. I eventually had the 10 at 50 yards broadside but too far for an ethical shot. That evening, I had him again but this time at 40 broadside in the last 5 minutes of legal light. I came to full draw but didn’t have enough light to make the shot. I didn’t pass on this 8 again when he presented a perfect quartering away shot at 18 yards the next time I was out! My PB bow deer to date…

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts