Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Veggies are too close to the ground for me. I would like garden beds like the ones they make on Homestead Rescue. You know, the ones that start with a dead tree trunk, a bunch of dead branches piled all around, then covered with black earth and finally cover with bales of hay. I love vertical gardening.
Now that I am officially old I do more paper work and spend more time on the phone than Lily Tomlin from the show Laugh In.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wow! Excellent hunting stories. Congratulations to those who were lucky enough to harvest an animal.
To the hunters who were busted by their quarry: well this is why it is called hunting and not going for groceries.
Buck Fever, WM. All part of the sport. Don’t worry, you will forget all about it when you come across your next nice deer.🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌
Actually, you won‘t forget about it, as over time with the retelling of the story, it will make a great memory in your hunting chronicles.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I took a university course in Toronto one summer. When I told other students where I was from they would state” is Dryden near Sault Ste. Marie ?”. When I showed them a road map, yes a folding paper road map, most people from around Toronto did not realize that when you flipped the map over, there was an other entire map of Northwestern Ontario on the back side. The distance from the Manitoba boarder to Saul St. Marie would be longer than driving from Yarmouth to Sydney. Most of NW Ontario is small mining towns, railroad towns or ports like Thunder Bay. Lots of Whitetail deer, a dwindling moose population and implanted elk. The amount of crown land for hunting opportunities is vast. You can even camp at crown land camp sites for 21 days free of charge before your are required to move your camp to another site.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Excellent video Gary. Thanks for sharing your joy of the great out of doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts