Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Congrats. Hoping to head out today. Had a little stumbling block this week, got hauled in for laser eye surgery. Old eye is not feeling the best, hoping it comes around today. Good week of temperatures coming up.

Dr, Magdalena Kujath. My original doc was Scott, believe he retired because of covid. I was a bit worried, took her four attempts, eye is still pretty sore. Not sure it went as well as it should.
Take care of your self and slow down until it is healed
Don't know much about it other than what my mom had done first eye never knocked a tick off her then later the second took a long time to heal and was quite sore for a long time but eventually came around hope yours is the same
All the best

Congrats to the Op on the buck

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
" took long time to heal and was quite sore for a long time...hope yours is the same now ".....that wasn't very nice Mr Cheerful ;)
I'm sorry Thunderstick it is not what I was trying to say but see it as Kevin posted somewhat he left the came around out however :rolleyes:
I wanted to say hers took a long time to heal and was sore for a long time but in the end it was fine that is what I want for you
Not pain for a long time and then a bum eye
We beat each other here for sure but never would I want you to experience any pain or lose your eyesight
My apologies for not being clear
Especially when you won't get a vaccine and grow a third eye :p
Joe

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I really don't have much of an option...with the full time job of baby sitting you guys I have to
Only because you are new to this admin position and haven't figured out how to handle us yet like others do:D:D
Skin Hand Photograph Eye Smile

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Congrats to your friend. Nice to hear someone getting one after 10 years
take care
Funny 3D hasn't chimed in with one yet. This is late for him is it not

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
First ever deer. Seen this doe on my cell link so I snuck back into my blind. Sat their for 10 minutes and she came back out and I shot her in the lungs. No blood trail whatsoever. We searched for about two hours. I got lost on my way back to my apples and quite literally tripped over her.
Passed on three does last year waiting for a buck, not making that mistake again.

Is it just my eyes or is this deer a form of a piebald.with what looks like big whiite patch on the rear leg
Cheers

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I figured we would have some new success stories here after the cold snap guess not
They hit the honey crisp trees hard yesterday here but after dark which is not the norm for them here
Cheers

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Been a week....NO ONE ????? Trip D,,,where in the heck you be ? nuthin to report ?? are you stayin the blazes home ?? 🤣
There is a guy I talk to every year lives next to my bud in a pool here for the largest buck taken normally 20 guys or so that hunt deer and he said so far this year one spike and that was muzzy season
Cheers

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
We keep heading out at the wrong time, the deer here are changing it up on us!! They wait until we just leave or they come by and go just before we get there! As for Tripple D, it would be good to have him chime in. Something is not right.
Agree starting to worry and hope he is OK and for once we didnot have differences of opinions to drive him off Plus he always gave as well as he took and never left before with his ball and bat
He is much tougher than that
Cheers

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I think one at a time. Once one recovers then the other one gets done.
Man I hope so but in 2021 I wasn't sure . I remember after the car accident in the 80's I had surgery on my right eye and could not see for 8 months in fact never the same so much so it cause me to switch shooting all my guns to left handed to get my scores back
I was black and blue on that side I wore the patch from walking into everything and sure grew quickly to appreciate people living with vision in one eye or limited to no vision

Take care

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Would love to see a picture of the piebald, thats if you have one. PM if you or her don't mind sharing and are scared that 3macs1 will talk shat at you.
Yep you should spend your spare time learning shotguns vs kicking me in the nuts, I was OK to help you last week however:rolleyes: BUTT SORE for a year now you are
Plus he boils heads so is scared on no one :D:D
Cheers

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Spare time is only for retired folks and people who have time to watch veggies grow. No spare time here. Asking you about shotgun stuff saves me a lot of time, you either had that knowledge first hand or spent some time on the internet getting me the info. Thanks for that btw.
No problem only willing to help where I can and some day you will see retired folks have NO spare time if they are active at all.
Remember this and some day you will say my god he was right
Going back to work would be a rest for me and I mean that 100%
I am sure others retired here would say the same. It has been proven you push yourself harder and for longer hours when it is your time
Cheers
Oh yes like my tomato buddy and I say we don't grow veggies we grow 5 dollar bills :D:D many of them and anyone that thinks gardening is easy doesn't do it or have enough planted

1 - 20 of 45 Posts