Looks very nice, I like euro mounts.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Very nice congrats on an awesome buck

·
GREYBEARD
3,067 Posts
Looks like you had good season from the video Gary, even if you were skunked!
It's all about quality time in the woods.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Excellent video Gary. Thanks for sharing your joy of the great out of doors.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
As Gary says i work for PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals), its a volunteer position that requires lots of time away from family in all sorts of places and weather. It doesn't pay the greatest but the benefits are amazing.
Last evening i got to share the benefits with a few friends as we shared a meal of smoked goose. We are always trying to increase membership, membership dues run from $20-1500/year depending on your level of commitment.
Contact me for further information

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Great video Gary thanks for posting.
Seems you were still hunting when you got close to that buck I’m thinking when he took off he didn’t snort at least not until he himself was outta sight. Yep it’s part of hunting and adds some excitement and it happens to us all time and time again!

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Little trick I learned long time ago in situations like that. You get close, once you make eye contact the jig is up but if you don’t make eye contact often times the deer will stand motionless until your out of sight. Of course when still hunting it’s imperative to see the critter before he sees you and usually if it’s sees you first your moving too fast, but not always. However I’ve learned to resist the urge to turn and look when my I pick up something in the corner of my eye ( when moving) , so if I think there is something to my left I turn right and walk away ( or continue in original direction ) a bit trying to get behind a tree etc then look back in the direction I thought I saw something, the critter may not be In your sight line but sooner or later it will move and hopefully into your line of sight. Sounds easy but it is very difficult to resist the urge to turn your head! Takes practice and I still mess up as much as I don’t. I believe every deer has it’s own danger zone ( specific distance it will allow you to get before taking off ) if you remain outside that distance you still got a chance and that distance varies with each individual animal and with the terrain your in. One thing that’s 100% true is nothing works every time and we all mess up many times otherwise it wouldn’t be as enjoyable now would it.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Great job em. I tried do it once and it was an epic failure. Now I just buy the Uncle Mike's plastic skulls. They look good but just not the same.

241 - 260 of 271 Posts